PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's official, Josh Gordon suspended for full season

varjao

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Maybe it's not totally off topic because there was a lot of talk here last year about trading him for a 2nd round pick. I believe we have to give BB some credit on this, he's know for giving chances to problematic players but in this case he smelled the trouble from miles away.

About the punishment, he's an idiot, but I think it's exaggerated, it's that kind of punishment that doesn't help the player, doesn't correct his misbehavior, actually can make things worse, but it sets the tone and I believe that's the idea.

It's even more absurd to think he got a season and Ray the cavemen Rice 2 games.

165346d1361979769-club-q-q107-loyalty-club-southern-only-v4-9155011-caveman-dragging-his-woman-her-hair.jpg

I agree on the Ray Rice angle. The NFL definitely needs to re-evaluate it's formulas for suspensions to more accurately reflect the crime. That said, the rules are clear and he violated them, which tells me one of two things:

1) He's too arrogant to believe he can be punished.

2) He has a legitimate problem that he can't control, and he needs to focus on getting his life in order before he can think about returning to football.

Can't say I blame the Browns and Mike Pettine for being frustrated with the whole process. Four months to decide on the year suspension and now Gordon will miss all of the OTAs, mini camp, training camp, and three preseason games next year. IMO once the season is over he should be allowed to participate in team activities again.

Can't say I blame the Browns and Mike Pettine for being frustrated with the whole process. Four months to decide on the year suspension and now Gordon will miss all of the OTAs, mini camp, training camp, and three preseason games next year. IMO once the season is over he should be allowed to participate in team activities again.

He will be.

Ridiculous it took this long. There's still a chance he takes it to court.

The guy deserves any punishment he gets, I can't imagine anyone being this dumb. I hope Cleveland cuts him and he never plays another NFL game.

Without commenting on the substantive issues at hand, I think we can all agree the optics of this sentencing disparity are terrible for the NFL.

Suspensions don't prevent players from taking part in TC. That's why Browner and Tyms can play now, even if they're not allowed in the building for Weeks 1 to 4.

Good for the NFL. I'm sick of these kids and their marijuana. Pot is illegal for a reason. Players shoud being drinking anheiser busch products b/c they are the ones who pay for advertising ti..... errrr b/c alcohol is legal and socially acceptable and marijuana destroys lives.

:mad: Time for this country to wake the fork up.

Suspending one of the best WR's in the league in the prime of his career.

I really dislike this. Gordon is an exciting player to watch and was probably the #1 WR in the entire NFL last year.

He should've gotten 8 games at most. At least give him a chance to redeem himself and play this year. Give him some hope. Now the kid is gonna be sitting around for the next YEAR getting lazy. It could really hurt his career. This suspension is excessive.

The guy deserves any punishment he gets, I can't imagine anyone being this dumb. I hope Cleveland cuts him and he never plays another NFL game.
Have you forgotten about a #81 who used to play in NE? He's currently sitting out the rest of his life for being stupid.

Josh Gordon is not the brightest bulb, but i think it's stupid that the NFL tests for non-performance enhancing drugs (like marijuana). Also, the appeal process took way too long. I think this makes the NFL look bad, especially after Ray Rice got 2 games for knocking out his fiance. I thought they should have reduced it 4 games and the NFL should re-think testing for marijuana.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back