PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: It's official, I hate Brett Favre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favre just keeps building on his legacy. Granted it's starting to look like a cross between Pete Rose and Roman Polanski......

It does make me very happy that sports talk radio around here is now being dominated by talk of Brett Favre's cellphone antics and not Randy Moss.

unfortunately the national media will just glaze over it eventually....if this was a pats player even a non-starter, they would be calling BB names etc... even peter king thinks favre should be punished because of the photos not because of the call but called dez bryant's 50k dinner disgusting and what not....double standards...he will get away with it as usual

Just a compilation thread for all of my favorite Favre moments:

1996 Super Bowl -- 'Nuff said

December 29, 2002 -- Favre plays like horsecrap against the Jets in a meaningless game for the Packers, but a game that decides a ridiculous tiebreaker between the Pats and Jets for the AFC East.

November 13, 2008 -- Favre's 3rd-and-17 pass to Keller in overtime allows the Jets to steal a game from the Cassel-led Pats. He then proceeded to stink up the joint for the remainder of the season, including...

December 28, 2008 -- Favre has the chance to bump off the fading Dolphins and allow the surging Patriots to make it into the playoffs, but instead manages to throw three interceptions. The Dolphins end up getting thoroughly plastered by the Ravens in the first round. It was admittedly a season where the AFC East had a ridiculously easy schedule, but the Pats were playing great football going into the last two months of the season.

October 11, 2010 -- Favre's Wrangler-laden man-phermones drive Moss to such levels of insanity that he forces his way out of the Pats and to the Vikings. Then Favre manages to come within a drive of knocking the Jets down a peg and rattling Sanchez's confidence due to some botched clock management. But he saved one more INT for all of his fans in New England!

I will not shed a tear when this man finally leaves the NFL! Has there been any one individual who has had such a negative impact on the Pats over so long a time period?

Please feel free to share your own Favre/Pats memories.

I hate that ****er! He gave the sack record to his gap-toothed pal Strahan by lying down on the job. I hate the Giants more than I do most any other team.

Favre is prob the most selfish player in football, and even though he is a favorite with many fans still, he is also probably one of the most disliked qbs in the league.
I am not sure there are many fans who count Favre among their favorites. I guess there are going to be some leftovers from his GB days, and maybe time will heal those wounds.

The thing that kills me is he needs to get maximum adrenaline to blunt the pain. So he makes a good throw or two and gets all jacked up ... but that adrenaline also aids in helping him throw an INT.

Like getting all dressed to go out and ending up eating at a weiner joint.

Its official: I hate the haters on this forum. They are ruining the place and making it sound more like a Jets board everyday.

Its official: I hate the haters on this forum. They are ruining the place and making it sound more like a Jets board everyday.

Hey that's my line ... ;)

unfortunately the national media will just glaze over it eventually....if this was a pats player even a non-starter, they would be calling BB names etc... even peter king thinks favre should be punished because of the photos not because of the call but called dez bryant's 50k dinner disgusting and what not....double standards...he will get away with it as usual
Yeah, you're right but it was still rather funny to listen to.

Of course, his play last night was discussed as well. My personal favorite was a guy who called in to defend Favre. "He played great except for the two fumbles and the interception!"

I had to leave at the start of the 4th quarter but for some reason I wasn't too surprised when I turned on the pc in the morning and discovered that Farve had an interception at the end to lose the game.

I couldn't handle having him as a QB because he is so infuriating. When he is playing well, he can be a beast but when he starts having his "moments" he will almost always cost you the game. :confused:

JDecember 29, 2002 -- Favre plays like horsecrap against the Jets in a meaningless game for the Packers, but a game that decides a ridiculous tiebreaker between the Pats and Jets for the AFC East.

I remember eating, then eventually doing my best to choke down, a hot pepper pizza while watching. Probably no coincidence I've not had one since...

I see you have a taken a pro-****-texting stance.

I see you have a taken a pro-****-texting stance.

There was once a well known house robber charged with being in possession of house breaking tools.

The judge gave him two years for it and as he was being led away from the courtroom he shouted up to the female judge, 'I want to plead guilty to rape as well'.

The whole courtroom fell silent and the judge told him that he must be charged before she can take the case.

The convict replied 'I didn't actually do anything but I'm always carrying the tools'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back