Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is Eli Manning making more than he is worth?

• Yes

Votes: 76 95.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan24

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Very easy.....I say yes.

Re: Is Eli Manning over paid?

Every time I see Eli Manning and the Giants play, I feel sick knowing we choked away perfection in SB42.

Every time I see Eli Manning and the Giants play, I feel sick knowing we choked away perfection in SB42.

eli manning played the game of his life that time...unfortunately...

I wish I only remembered it when I saw the Giants play

Somehow I'm reminded of it daily =(

Very over paid.

eli manning played the game of his life that time...unfortunately...

I'll have to disagree on that one. He did just enough, but had ALOT of help from his teamates, and refs. Unfortunately, that game seemed to convince everyone that he was ready to be Peyton 2.....not happening. And for the record, i've actually watched that game several times since that fateful day. Im not one of those who offers an opinion on it, but then says they can't bring themselves to watch it. I hate that. Its like the whole "Light cost us the game" crap. :rolleyes:

So to answer the OPs question,,,,,YES, he's overpaid, and overated :D

Yes he is, by about $60,000,000.

Captain Obvious weighs in with a resounding, yes

Yeah. Even the New York tabloid media acknolwedges it.

As Gary Myers of the Daily News put it when Eli's new contract was announced (paraphrasing but nearly word for word):

"Manning put together a string of wins at the end of the 2007 season and one great drive in the Super Bowl, neither of which he has duplicated before or since in his career."

Last edited:

I'll have to disagree on that one. He did just enough, but had ALOT of help from his teamates, and refs. Unfortunately, that game seemed to convince everyone that he was ready to be Peyton 2.....not happening. And for the record, i've actually watched that game several times since that fateful day. Im not one of those who offers an opinion on it, but then says they can't bring themselves to watch it. I hate that. Its like the whole "Light cost us the game" crap. :rolleyes:

So to answer the OPs question,,,,,YES, he's overpaid, and overated :D

I'm in awe of your strong stomach.

There is one "No" vote, I see. Welcome to the board, Eli. Or Archie. :D

Eli was rewarded for that Super Bowl win where he actually played pretty mediocre football and on the last drive should have been picked off twice. He has never been more than an above average QB in this league and is too inconsistent in his play.

Unstoppable.

Eli Manning is.

Assuming you are the '07 New England secondary.

Is Eli Manning over paid?

That's a poll question on the level of "Is the sky blue?"

I say let the New York Midgets overpay the lesser Manning brother. It'll come back to bite them.

Any QB that makes a dollar more than Tom Brady or Peyton Manning is simply overpaid.

Unstoppable.

Eli Manning is.

Assuming you are the '07 New England secondary.

I always thought it would be funny if he threw a pick to the watch and the watch took it back for a game winning six.

I think it's great! Limits who else they can add to the team and keeps them wandering around in suckitude. Heck, even the SAINTS beat them they're so bad... ;)

Eli is morphing into an overhyped version of Trent Dilfer, the guy who might not lose you the big game if your defense is uber talented and playing like the '85 Bears. He got that contract based on one night when he actually beat us by going all conservative with a hint of unpredictable gutsy sandlot (which is historically our weakness...tougher to scheme for).

It's really odd because he has failed to develop on so many levels, including as a leader. I remember coming out of college he was being hailed as perhaps the more talented of the two Mannings. Better looking mechanics. What he did down the stretch that season hinted at his finally turning a couple of corners. Looked fine for most of 2008 too. Has just fallen apart this season, although the same could be said for the Giants as a team. I think they really miss old gap tooth Strahan. He was the leader who really turned things around in 2007 after London. Not generalissimo cranky pants, not sheli, not even spags the wonder boy DC.

Last night all we saw was the befuddled HC face, the QB shoulder slump, and a sackless DE publicly pointing an out of control finger at the OL.

Fact is that ring saved Coughlin's job and landed him an extention he likely won't see the end of. He's not equipped to build concensus. He needs a player to run intereference for him in that respect and he doesn't appear to have that player on the roster at the moment. Osi is behaving more like Tiki... And Eli is regressing to his mean which was as a maddeningly inconsistent putz....

I look at the NFCE that mediots always gush over as competitive and I see four overhyped teams whose own worst enemy remains not each other but themselves. And not an ounce of leadership or consistency at the QB position between 'em. Only Snyder has failed to overpay at the position, but he routinely wastes his $$$ elsewhere...

I'm think Eli is mising Plaxico very much

overrated is another way to describe him

all i hear from giants fans are that eli is clutch and he has a lot of 4th quarter comebacks. eli had his moment 2 years ago and that's going to be it for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes