PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Irsay apologizes to Colts fans/Saturday calls out his walking dead coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Gruden there next season

Gruden just signed a 5 year deal with ESPN, which I believe has a clause preventing him from leaving for a coaching gig. He probably asked for it to get teams to stop looking for his services.

He's done coaching, having too much fun on ESPN being able to be a fan without the stress of worrying about losing your job every week.

Did you hear the one about the Wizard of Oz talking to the scarecrow, the lion, and the tin man?

He said "Sorry, the Colts were just here and cleaned me out. The Polians wanted brains, the coaches wanted courage, and the players wanted heart. I suggested that all of them needed some balls, too"

Last edited:
Twitter is not a classy or effective way for an NFL owner to communicate with his fan base. Too casual and flippant.

Pretty sure that's Irsay's fault, not Twitter's. You can't blame your computer because you fired off an angry email.

Twitter's a great way for an owner to communicate with fans. Some owners just weren't meant to use it.

Pretty sure that's Irsay's fault, not Twitter's. You can't blame your computer because you fired off an angry email.

Twitter's a great way for an owner to communicate with fans. Some owners just weren't meant to use it.

I guess I must be one of the very few who have no desire to follow anyone or anything on Twitter.

I guess I must be one of the very few who have no desire to follow anyone or anything on Twitter.

Then don't. I follow a few writers, and I use it to network with other writers. I wish I'd gotten on it five years ago. On a related note, I'd rather cut my own throat than follow some dipstick celebrity, but some people dig it. Whatever.

It's kind of odd that I tend to see people slamming a certain aspect of social media whilst using another aspect of social media to do it. :D

But your original point about it being a poor way to communicate to fans is just flat-out wrong. I can't think of a better way that exists right now.

@dan_dewitt *

* I'm hilarious.

But your original point about it being a poor way to communicate to fans is just flat-out wrong. I can't think of a better way that exists right now.

This.

It's a very good way for well known people to communicate with their fan bases.

But your original point about it being a poor way to communicate to fans is just flat-out wrong.

Really? It's hard to imagine someone like Bob Kraft "tweeting" his disappointment over a performance to fans and convey sufficient weight and sincerity, due simply to the medium's casual/shorthand nature.

Does anyone honestly think this team would be that much different with a 36 year old Manning playing? Their roster is terrible top to bottom. I'm sure they wouldn't be winless, but damn. They're bad.
Yes, the offense would be putting up points but ultimately lose in a shoot out. But yes, they are pretty average.

The Mythbusters did prove that it is possible to polish a turd...can't fault Caldwell for trying I guess.

Really? It's hard to imagine someone like Bob Kraft "tweeting" his disappointment over a performance to fans and convey sufficient weight and sincerity, due simply to the medium's casual/shorthand nature.

Well no, it isn't his personality.

It is how others like to do things though. To each their own.

A reasonable Colts plan, business and football alike, would be:

• Draft Luck.
  • Otherwise go all-in on trying to upgrade the OL.
  • Sit Luck for a year behind Manning.
  • Trade a now re-proven Manning for value.
  • Build around Luck, playing (and often losing) a lot of high-scoring entertaining games in the mean time.

Does anyone honestly think this team would be that much different with a 36 year old Manning playing? Their roster is terrible top to bottom. I'm sure they wouldn't be winless, but damn. They're bad.

I think they'd be .500 or so, which would put them right in the thick of the AFCS race. Really just underscores how terrible Painter is.

Saturday can blame the coach but that seems like the easy way out. It was 62-7. Players need to take some responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back