PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Interesting QB scenario unfolding

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Jamarcus Russell has held out so long, it is unlikely he could contribute this year even if he signed today. Which doesn't seem likely.

If Culpepper starts and the Raiders win a couple games, then go something like 4-1 or 5-2 to start the season, what does Al Davis do?

Extend Culpepper by paying him $18-20 mil for three years, or give in to Jamarcus and give him $60 mil for six years, the first of which will have no return on investment.

Davis is a rebel, and he doesn't care what anyone thinks. If the Raiders start winning without Russell, would he just let Russell go back into the draft in 2008? Or would he roll the dice with Russell and sit Culpepper?

What I think: Just win, baby.

Re: OT - Interesting QB scenario unfolding

Jamarcus Russell has held out so long, it is unlikely he could contribute this year even if he signed today. Which doesn't seem likely.
I agree. I think they decided a couple weeks ago that Russell wouldn't be a significant contributor and so all pressure to sign him quickly was thrown out the window.
If Culpepper starts and the Raiders win a couple games, then go something like 4-1 or 5-2 to start the season, what does Al Davis do?
:rofl:
Davis is a rebel, and he doesn't care what anyone thinks. If the Raiders start winning without Russell, would he just let Russell go back into the draft in 2008? Or would he roll the dice with Russell and sit Culpepper?
They won't let Russell just go back into the draft. If they decide they can't sign him (or don't want to sign him at the numbers it would cost) they would trade the rights to him to some other team.

They won't let Russell just go back into the draft. If they decide they can't sign him (or don't want to sign him at the numbers it would cost) they would trade the rights to him to some other team.
I hadn't even thought of that.

If they do let him go back into the draft, they'll probably be drafting high enough to take him again! We can do it all over again next summer!

Seriously, though. There's no way Jamarcus let's himself go back into the draft, he certainly wouldn't be the first overall pick again and he'd cost himself millions AND a year of service. That would be the stupidest decision ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back