PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT in round 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just their opinion of his value, not a prediction of where he gets drafted.
Quite frankly, I don't see the need to draft an offensive tackle this year. Dante Scarnecchia works wonders with offensive line prospects.

I'm a risk-taker. I'd roll with just Solder, Vollmer, and Cannon, knowing that Mankins, Connolly, Gallery, and McDonald were left tackles in college and that there's gotta be at least somebody there that could be passable in a pinch.

I'm a risk-taker. I'd roll with just Solder, Vollmer, and Cannon, knowing that Mankins, Connolly, Gallery, and McDonald were left tackles in college and that there's gotta be at least somebody there that could be passable in a pinch.
Solder, Vollmer, Cannon all played at least one season at left tackle in college.

Quite frankly, I don't see the need to draft an offensive tackle this year. Dante Scarnecchia works wonders with offensive line prospects.

I agree that there is no need.

I always want to purse Depth of Talent at such an important position, of course.

But that's Day 3 guys and UFA talent.

No need to spend heavily, this year, I heartily agree ~ we already grabbed Solder.

If OT Martin of Stanford fell to #27, I would take him in a heartbeat. Who knows if Vollmer is over his back injury or not. Does anybody really feel confident with Hix or Kopa as our ROT if Vollmer is not healthy next season?

PS: I think Hix could be a decent backup. I also like Dennis Kelly of Purdue as an UDFA.

Silatolu can play tackle in a pinch and can be our Center of the future.

Don't be so quick to discount an OT in round 1. Vollmer had back issues last year which is not a good sign. The last OL to have back issues was Kaczur and he never was able to overcome it. Vollmer's also in the last year of his contract so there are a few good reasons to draft a OT with a high pick. Especially if a good one falls in our lap.

Don't be so quick to discount an OT in round 1. Vollmer had back issues last year which is not a good sign. The last OL to have back issues was Kaczur and he never was able to overcome it. Vollmer's also in the last year of his contract so there are a few good reasons to draft a OT with a high pick. Especially if a good one falls in our lap.

I think the team has put itself in a good position to choose whatever BPA or highest rated player falls to them, despite any specific position.

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if they chose OL, or any position other than QB, to be completely honest.

I am hoping for 2 defensive picks in the first 2 rounds. Anything more will be a bonus, and anything less will be a travesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back