OT: I'm rooting for the Jets today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Why? Because should New Orleans advance I'd love nothing more to watch Brees put up 40+ against them. I don't want to see Manning potentially get another ring and then have to listen to an offseason full of Brady/Manning comparisons. I have no faith in New Orleans beating them based on the fact Manning has been there before and obviously is as dangerous as anyone, and would rather see him remain with just one ring.

I hate the Jets as much as anyone - but since this is all I have to choose from I would at least get some enjoyment of watching Brees light them up, which would quiet the Jets fans for the offseason.

So since that's my only option, that's why I'm rooting for them today.

Re: I'm rooting for the Jets today

I'd rather the Colts win for many reasons. The Jets are the bigger evil always Ian! Don't let them slip through your hate :p

Plus if the Jets win, all we're going to hear is how the Patriots pass oriented offense can't possibly win and how we need to model the new Jets terrible-QB good-running game "style".

I hope the Colts put up 100 on the Jets, and then I hope the Saints or the Vikings put up 100 on the Colts

i want the colts to lose as well, haha, but i would not word it the other way around (ie i want the jets to win)

We won't hear about anything if they somehow sneak by Indy only to get embarrassed later on. Other than an offseason full of optimism in New York, followed by a potential 9-7 or 8-8 season next year (as the pattern tends to be with most teams).

The other option causes us to have to listen to how Brady "only has one more ring" than Manning", which will last much longer. I just don't want to hear it.

Well one thing is for sure. NFC has to win the superbowl this year.

Well one thing is for sure. NFC has to win the superbowl this year.

Amen to that - although if it involves Favre it will be painful. Needless to say I'm rooting for New Orleans to send him back into the "will he retire, or will he come back one more time?" mode that' he's become so comfortable with.

The ONLY good thing if the Vikings win the SuperBowl is that Favre might finally go away and never come back...

Something tells me if Favre wins this year his ego will make him come back to win 2 in a row before retiring. And I am with you Ian, for one week... Go Jets!

The Colts are obviously the better team, but I think the Jets present a bigger match-up problem for the Saints with their run game. The Saints D has struggled with the run for large portions of the season, and it's been disguised a bit because they're often up big in games.

Here's hoping for two more Saints victories. I don't know if I'll watch the AFCCG. It might drive me insane watching one of those two teams go to the SB.

I COMPLETELY agree with you Ian but unfortunately you have the same feelings as me so therefore the Saints are not going to win the Superbowl this year. I'll break it down with a previous post of mine:

"Here are my top 5 most hated teams

1. Colts
2. Any team with Brett Favre on it.
3. Jets
4. Steelers
5. Chargers (I actually had to root for the Chargers yesterday by default . . *shudders* :( )

2005 Steelers won the Superbowl
2006 Colts won the Super
2007 Giants won the Superbowl and ruined our perfect season
2008 Steelers won the Superbowl

2009 Now we have:

The Colts
The Favres
The Jets
The Saints

It looks like this will be another kick in the crotch season for ol' InRodWeRust. As if the offseason isn't bad enough this just adds salt to the wound. It looks like the odds are against them but I'm going to be the biggest Saints fan the next few weeks."

The last 4 Superbowls have been excruciating for me and I don't see my luck turning around this year either :( The Vikings will crush the Saints and the Colts will crush the Jets therefore producing a crappy Superbowl outcome either way. And since having the Colts winning it all is slightly more nauseating than Favre winning it then that's what will happen.

:scream::enranged::steamed:

Last edited:
But you can watch, knowing one will lose. And the enjoyment out of that counts for something!

The only reason why I can see wanting the Colts losing today is so the story will be tomorrow how the Colts not only chickened out on perfection, but by laying down vs. the Jets they let them in the playoffs (they wouldn't have gotten in otherwise) only to lose to them in the title game. That would be sweet irony.

Otherwise, I cannot stomach seeing the Jets in the Super Bowl. I can at least stomach the Colts. A whole offseason of listening the Jets are the new hot up and coming dyansty talk would drive me crazy. I find the Colts the lesser of two evils.

We won't hear about anything if they somehow sneak by Indy only to get embarrassed later on. Other than an offseason full of optimism in New York, followed by a potential 9-7 or 8-8 season next year (as the pattern tends to be with most teams).

The other option causes us to have to listen to how Brady "only has one more ring" than Manning", which will last much longer. I just don't want to hear it.

Not to mention the Super Bowl hangover the Jests will have to deal with :D

I want to see Indy beat the Jets. There is no two ways about it and tbh I would fancy the Saints(assuming they get there) to beat Indy but I'd be worried if they had to face the Jets because if the Jets are going to make it they have to get to Manning, and if they get to Manning they will get to Brees also.

I can see the Saints or indeed the Vikings whooping Indy because they both have balanced offenses and that will be a problem for Indy as they give up huge yardage on the ground to balanced teams.

Jets go out today, they have won nothing, we at least have the divisional title. :)

Last edited:
Absolutely right Ian. Down with the Colts. Go Jets. Then go Saints!

I find the Colts the lesser of two evils.

It's not that I want the Jets to win;

it's that I want the PoLyin, pick-running, holier-than-thou, noise-piping, rules changing, referee payrolling,
PI getting, Pansy-assed Colts to LOSE

That should make it pretty clear how I feel

:D :D :D :D

If Peyton Manning wins another ring doesnt he deserve to be compaired to Brady not that he already doesnt. Id rather not listen to the Jets being these loveable underdogs for two more weeks. GO Colts!:mad:

I don't care - if I can watch both the Colts and Jets fall in consecutive weeks, I'll be happy. And should the unthinkable happen and the Jets were to win at all [which I believe would happen only if Minnesota beats the Saints] - I'm pretty sure it would be a one shot deal. I don't see them being a perrenial contender. Sanchez isn't Brady :rolleyes:

I just don't want to see Manning with another ring, and I'd really like to see New Orleans give that city a much needed boost.

Last edited:
I want to see Indy beat the Jets. There is no two ways about it and tbh I would fancy the Saints(assuming they get there) to beat Indy but I'd be worried if they had to face the Jets because if the Jets are going to make it they have to get to Manning, and if they get to Manning they will get to Brees also

Watching him this season I have to say that Brees is still accurate even with pressure, which really speaks volumes about how much he's grown. I don't think that would be as big of an issue as you may think - provided his guys get open.

Last edited:
Nobody seems to be giving the Jets any credit. They are in the championship game. Win this and they have a chance at winning the Super Bowl. That chance is simply too great for me, as I despise the Jets. If I have to watch Manning raise another Lombardi above his head just to keep the Jets out of it, I will do so and do it with a drunken and disgusted face. However, I still think whomever comes out of the NFC alive is taking it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes