PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: If you were the president of ESPN, or own it, what would you do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Well since its quiet except from that 4 letter word, if you had a chance to run espn what would you do...

Here some of mine Idea's

1 Start over with all Nfl anaylsist.. with the exception of Berman and Jaworski, everyone else would be fired....

2 Fire Matt Fish, Greg Easterbrook, Trey Wingo, and Mike Greenberg..

3 Cancel the Mike and Mike radio program, and that first take show.. Make it the Colin cowherd show from 10-2 on espn 2...

4 Flex out the Broncos Pats game on Oct 20th so we dont have to watch that network...

I know alot of us hate Fespn, so I just thought this would be a good subject what you would do..

Re: OT- If you were the president of Espn, or own it, what would you do??

Hire people who actually like sports and are passionate about them have a bunch of half naked chicks jumping up and down during sportcenter before they show the highlights.
Get rid of the Soccer,tennis, and all the girl like sports.
I think every analyst has to have a good head on their shoulders and not be a homer for one team or the other.
Actually talk about sports like players preparations, rituals before a game, Interviews with the coaches that actually talk about the sport.
Hire The Rock, Howie Long, Jim Johnson, adam schefter, keep berman and Jaworski, hire ex players who are not morons and have every analyst go through sport trivia questions before they get hired.
Also is a analyst does rant and throw dirt on any team or franchise or show any favoritism they are released immediately.

Re: OT- If you were the president of Espn, or own it, what would you do??

Apologize for becoming part of the story and not just reporting it, objectively, fairly and truthfully.

Well since its quiet except from that 4 letter word, if you had a chance to run espn what would you do...

Here some of mine Idea's

1 Start over with all Nfl anaylsist.. with the exception of Berman and Jaworski, everyone else would be fired....

2 Fire Matt Fish, Greg Easterbrook, Trey Wingo, and Mike Greenberg..

3 Cancel the Mike and Mike radio program, and that first take show.. Make it the Colin cowherd show from 10-2 on espn 2...

4 Flex out the Broncos Pats game on Oct 20th so we dont have to watch that network...

I know alot of us hate Fespn, so I just thought this would be a good subject what you would do..

If I were king of espn, I would do the following:

1. Stop all analyzing/discussion/predicting/investigating of professional sports. espn staff does not know/understand the financial(big money) and political aspects of professional sports. Stick to high school and college sports and reporting of facts.

2. Lift the age restrictions. I could not register for the Insider as I was 70!

Well, it depends if I am running it as a Pats fan or a President trying to maximize Disney's revenues? If I was looking at it from a pure dollars and cents standard, I wouldn't change anything.

Fact is that the Spygate thing is good business for ESPN. That is why they are milking it for every dollar they can get.

get a new announce team for monday night football.

Fire EVERYONE with the exception of camera crews, technical leads, the digital folks, and whoever of their ilk I'm forgetting (and it goes without saying that Erin Andrews would keep her job...her and Barry Melrose would keep their jobs, but that's it)

Buy the NFL Network--not paying all the talking heads for a month should provide more than enough money. With the NFL network comes all their great analysts and reporters, and then Specter's crazy scheme to bring down the NFL is no longer necessary.

Eliminate the ESPN Classic network (see below for the reason)

Hire the most competent individuals from Baseball Prospectus, Baseball Think Factory, and Hardball Times to take over MLB coverage.

Purchase the rights to Ninja Warrior and MXC.

Eliminate all coverage of womens sports, bass fishing, bowling, figure skating, etc.

With all the newfound airtime, send out this mandate to all producers (all of whom I will hire straight out of college so I don't have to take any lip from the overpaid jackasses that brought us 'Who's Now?'): There are four types of shows on my ESPN:
1) Live programming - including NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL coverage, as well as any boxing, MMA, golf, etc, but NO WOMEN'S SPORTS.
2) pregame/postgame - will be handled by our newly hired MLB and NFLN analysts (I'm also keeping Barry Melrose for the NHL, and I'll have to figure out something for the NBA)
3) Sportscenter - no more debate shows...there will be a one-hour Sportscenter handled by Erin Andrews (in a bikini...if they can do it in Russia then we're doing it here). I'll pay her $10 mil a year, because she will be the only anchor, period.
4) all other air time goes to ESPN Classic material (whatever is most relevant at the time), MXC, Ninja Warrior, or Worlds Strongest Man...and that's it.

God damn I'm a friggin GENIUS.

If I owned ESPN right now, I'd probably be out somewhere spending some of my money ;) But I'd also either move past Hategate unless something else happens, or attack it with a little more intelligence than the bunch of whiny crybabies they have now. Seriously, Joey Porter? That one right there showed what dingbats they truly are. I mean....what's Joey Porter's opinion matter to anybody? People are quoting him as if he was someone important, who actually mattered. They should go interview Freddy Mitchell too while they're at it.
If I owned ESPN, I'd hire some intelligence.

If I owned ESPN, I'd get Hockey back, cause that's fun to watch and the VS coverage his horrible, plus I don't get HD Local so my Stanley cup games are in bland old regular signal, ugh.

Then I'd put more Woman's tennis on. Cause those girls, are hot, especially at 7am when I'm sipping my morning coffee waiting to go to work. Nothing like US Open Tennis with hot chicks in short skirts grunting and smacking a ball around. Then I'd put on more Woman's volleyball, yeah, College Women's Volleyball.

Then I'd Fire anyone with the name Theisman.

I'd ban all footage of anything to do with Joe Namath, then I'd start a petition, with ESPN Fans helping to remove Joe Namath from the Football hall of Fame because really, he doesn't belong there, look at the numbers, more INTs than TDs in his career.

Then I'd make sure, ever hour on the hour the following two highlights were shown in the Oakland Area. The Immaculate Reception, and "The Tuck". And I'd laugh every hour on the hour knowing someone in Oakland just got psssed off watching my station.

Oh, then I'd show lots of highlights of the Cowboys, losing games. The Romo fumbled field goal being the lead shot. OH! And Jackie's Agony! HA HA HA HA HA HA! "He must be the sickest man alive" Oh now that's comedy!

I'd take Poker off the air, just because really...what's the point of watching people on TV play Poker...really...what is the point. I'd rather watch that hot chick play pool. (any of you that ever watched Pool on ESPN know who I mean)

Oh and More Steelers highlights, Cause I'm a homer after all.

Last edited:
I am with you on the hockey thing, Dino. I am not a fan, but I used to be and would like to get back into it. So, I wanted to watch the finals, but it's on F'ing VS. What the hell is that? At very least the finals should be on ESPN2, but no, they had to show that important Arena Football game.

It's criminal how hockey has been treated, but it's partially their fault for the lockouts and what not.

I would make all current and future "expert analysts" responsible for their actions and moronic outbursts laced with personal opinions and no factual basis. I would do this by inviting any and all persons who were reported on by these "expert analysts" in a false negative light to drop by the studios and engage in a MMA style fight. If the person(s) who were reported on didn't want to do this, the reporter would have to wear some sort of costume (choosen by the public) for a month and do their job in the city of the person(s) they falsely reported on.

I would also get rid of any "sport" that didn't actually involve some sort of athletic ability. This means poker, bowling... and put on some foreign sports like Aussie Rules Futbol.

All former player analysts would be destroyed.

37Harrison, I think you may be confused as to what ESPN is.

It's a business. If I were President of ESPN, I'd be giving out big raises to Fish, Easterbrook, Schlereth, etc.

You seem to be confusing TV Executives with Journalism Professors.

I would start a new channel, ESPN-E
The Erin Andrews Channel
Erin Andrews 24/7. Even all the commercials would have to feature her.

Attachments

• Erin_Andrews_026.jpg
    Erin_Andrews_026.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Erin_Andrews_019.jpg
    Erin_Andrews_019.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 90
The Erin Andrews Channel

Ok im on board with that:)

Hockey needs ESPN way way more than ESPN needs hockey. It's not even close.

ESPN needs some humble pie, some competition, and a good hard slap to the face.

The Erin Andrews Channel

naked ESPN sport news channel.!

On a serious side, I would fire all pats haters at ESPN and hire people who aren't 'any team or person' hater. Of course, i would invite Goodel to the show and criticize him for making the spygate worse.

Last edited:
Fire everyone... Well not everyone, just the ones that pissed me off. Ok that's a lot of people but still, ESPN needs new blood. It's stagnant and just the same old horsecrap these days. Like Brady said, it's like MTV without the music videos. ESPN needs to return to being about sports instead of sensationalism and snake oil salesmen "journalists" looking to get their quick 15 minutes of fame.

Show more paintball.
Sit back on a beach in Maui or somewhere in the Carribean and sip margaritas for the rest of my life :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back