PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT (I think): Feds investigating Roger Goodell and Troy Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were rumors out there after Gene died that Moran was involved in an effort to kill Vincent's chances at succession and in fact drive the selection process towards a new hand picked successor who would insure she retained her job. Her dad the congressman was supposedly being used to further that agenda. That is likely the nexus of an investigation. It was speculated at the time that if new blood took over the NFLPA she would be out of a job in part for drawing the feds into NFL business as a means to an end. Consolidating Power via connections in government in opposition to a perceived changing of the guard power grab. Hmm... One man's whistle blower is another man's disgruntled employee.

Do you have any links? Any idea when the investigation was launched? Is it certain that she initiated the investigation and not Upshaw? Would it be illegal for Upshaw to use her father as leverage to begin an investigation?

From what I've read, it seems like there was a failed coupe to oust Upshaw. They key thing here is that it failed. I think the timing of the investigation and who initiated it would put this into a much clearer context and possibly eliminate much of what's been speculated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back