PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: I like Saban, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
how on EARTH do you come within 2 points in the last two minutes and then put the ball in a RB's hands to throw??? (Cue the "when your QB is Daunte Culpepper..." jokes.)

But seriously, that is just braindead RECKLESS coaching. Works for us, though!

They lost to Houston, enough said! I think you should be kicked out of the league for losing to Houston!:singing:

Yep. When you need 3 yards to tie the game, a running back should be running or a quarterback should be throwing; a running back shouldn't be throwing.

yea it makes no sense....who has a better chance of completing the pass...your QB or the RB.

the fish were the most overrated team in the league starting the season... why? because everyone thought they beat the pats at the end of last year... lol.. the pats didnt give a **** about that game; it meant nothing... the dolphins will finish below the bills

The Dolphins might finish last in the division.

I have been surprised at how poorly Saban has responded to the Dolphins' problems... it's as if he's very good at getting a good plan in place and motivating people but when he gets blindsided (in this case by Culpepper's poor play) he doesn't know how to respond. Makes me appreciate BB even more.

Tim Layden on cnnsi said something interesting last week which makes me think Saban didn't do his homework:

"Culpepper has thrown one touchdown pass and three interceptions. He doesn't look recovered or effective and my ears are ringing with the warnings spoken to me during a visit to Vikings' training camp in August, in which I was warned by Vikings' insiders that Culpepper is not just injured, but maybe finished.".

The supposed reason Miami went with Culpepper over Brees is they thought Culpepper would be ready to go to start the season and Brees wouldn't.
Oops.

I found it hilarious earlier when Butkus was suggesting that the Dolphins should bench Culpepper for Harrington. Has it really gotten that bad for Miami that the prospect of starting Harrington would be enticing??? He's awful too! The Dolphins are screwed. I can't believe I'm saying this but they were probably better off with Frerotte. At least he was careful with the football.

Last edited:
I visited the dolphins board to see how their fans are handling the season so far and I have to say, the atmosphere is dreadful. I never thought so many diehard fans could give up hope on their team so early in the season but my god, that's the feeling I get over there. As much as I love the pats and hate our enemies, I still have pity for the dolphins and would rather see them do well against anyone else besides the patriots. I was rooting for the Jets when they played the Colts, who for me are the real NE rivals because of the way the media have elevated a non-championship Colts above the no nonsense gritty Patriots. I don't know how other pats fans feel but I cheer on division rivals when they play non-division teams because I feel that if the Pats are the top dogs in a dominating division, it just proves that we will always be above the competition whether or not the media give us the credit.

It's a lot harder to win when the expectations are higher and teams are ready for you. This will be a good test for Saban to see just what type of coach he is. Early results are poor. But, it is a long season!

strider said:
I visited the dolphins board to see how their fans are handling the season so far and I have to say, the atmosphere is dreadful. I never thought so many diehard fans could give up hope on their team so early in the season but my god, that's the feeling I get over there.

You clearly weren't here much last week then. There were plenty ready to give up on the Pats.

Miam's OC is the same guy who ran the Steelers for a few years. The trick play is a staple, especially in moments like those. It was actually a good defensive play by Williams to tip the ball, otherwise it may have worked.

BTW, NE called a direct snap to Faulk for a 2 point conversion and passed a TD to a TE in the SB, so it isn't like they are above a little misdirection every now and then.

Oswlek said:
Miam's OC is the same guy who ran the Steelers for a few years. The trick play is a staple, especially in moments like those. It was actually a good defensive play by Williams to tip the ball, otherwise it may have worked.

BTW, NE called a direct snap to Faulk for a 2 point conversion and passed a TD to a TE in the SB, so it isn't like they are above a little misdirection every now and then.

I had the misfortune of watching this game. Believe it or not, this was probably the best play they had available. Brown had Chambers wide open in the endzone but held on an extra 2 seconds that allowed the linebacker to step in and get the tip.

It may have been the best looking play of the day for Fins.

I almost get the feeling they'll win the last few games of the season like last year and the miami offseason lovefest continues.

strider said:
I visited the dolphins board to see how their fans are handling the season so far and I have to say, the atmosphere is dreadful. I never thought so many diehard fans could give up hope on their team so early in the season but my god, that's the feeling I get over there.

What are you talking about? You should have seen this board after the Denver loss. Brady got traded, BB was fired, Kraft sold the team, and Dillon was benched. No difference.

I wasn't here last week for the main reason that I knew there'd be a lot of doomsday predictions from some of the fans. I picked pats to win against cincy so I was never in doubt, I rank this year's team pretty high on our talent from past years and as long as BB is coaching, we should always have a great gameplan. Once Tom and his receivers start clicking throughout the season, this year might be the start of a threepeat year :)

Oswlek said:
That was still a running back running the ball though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes