PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:I know we all dislike the colts/manning etc but

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
you gotta feel for manning after todays game...he brings his team back from 14-0 down to tie the game and his defense cant stop anyone...we all know how frustrated brady gets when we dont play well..imagine how much frustration manning could be feeling watching his defense....this is no brady/manning comparison but the pressure he has to face to cover up his defense must be enormous..

i know he took the money and they didnt spend on defense etc...but that answers a lot of our front office's managment of not paying branch and paying seymour even though seymour is a much better player. it reflects on the mindset of the front office

lot of us have criticized the pats mgmt for not keeping the receivers and all that stuff but iam glad we have players on both offense and defense instead of just purely offensive team like the colts..
and dungy ? nice guy , not such nice a coach...

thoughts ?

you gotta feel for manning after todays game...he brings his team back from 14-0 down to tie the game and his defense cant stop anyone...we all know how frustrated brady gets when we dont play well..imagine how much frustration manning could be feeling watching his defense....this is no brady/manning comparison but the pressure he has to face to cover up his defense must be enormous..

That's what the Germans invented the term Schadenfreude for.

The only way I will EVER feel sorry for Manning (for something that happens on-field) is if he gets injured.

Feel sorry for Peyton Manning?

Nah. I replayed the TIVO three or four times just to watch him go ballistic on the sidelines again this afternoon.

If the Pats can't go all the way, I'm rooting for the Chargers to win the SuperBowl. Just the thought of Archie, Eli, and Peyton sitting around watching Philip Rivers lead the Chargers to the championship would be sweet.

Maybe the network could have Archie and Eli stop by the booth during the broadcast and ask 'em how that Giants thing is workin' out.

I will tell you Exactly why I don't like Manning or feel bad for him.
Have you ever watched him play late in the game when basically the game has been won and its like 38-13 or such. The Colts get a first and goal and instead of calling some running plays to use up the clock what does he do??
He throw a pass and get a TD for his stat's.... I have seen this a lot from him and this is why I will Never feel bad for him. He is for himself.

A old wise man named Red once said...Static's are for losers

Nah. I replayed the TIVO three or four times just to watch him go ballistic on the sidelines again this afternoon.

If the Pats can't go all the way, I'm rooting for the Chargers to win the SuperBowl. Just the thought of Archie, Eli, and Peyton sitting around watching Philip Rivers lead the Chargers to the championship would be sweet.

Maybe the network could have Archie and Eli stop by the booth during the broadcast and ask 'em how that Giants thing is workin' out.

hey i hope the colts never win and the mannings dont either ..iam also rooting for the chargers or saints to win if not the pats...just thought it was a pretty bad situation for a great QB ...imagine he is basically saving dungy's and polian's job for the past 3-4 seasons. i also saw some clips of him going mad on the sidelines too but even brady did that last time we played miami...
iam not a manning supporter or anything ...just thankful our front office didnt overload on one side and leave our QB high and dry without a defense or a defense like this, one of the worst in yrs....

I don't have to feel bad for Manning. He gets to QB an offense-oriented team which pays big bucks to keep his weapons. The flipside is that the defense is an afterthought, and if he has to frustratingly watch the defense get torn apart from the sidelines then so be it.

Paymeaton is happy sucking up all the teams salary space.You should feel sorry for those teammates not named Harrison and Wayne. Lopsided O is balanced out on D like a teetertotter with a fat kid on one side. The Colts are a small market team focused on star power instead of a complete roster...boohoo.

Yeah...I hear cars were pulling over and people running onto the field and taking handoffs against the Dolt "Defense"

Reading this tread has given me two thoughts

1) No, I don't feel sorry for Manning. Like carolinatony said: The Colts get a first and goal and instead of calling some running plays to use up the clock what does he do?? He throw a pass and get a TD for his stat's.

i might have used different words but the thought is the same

2) Watching the Colts run "D" I have to wonder why BB decided to try a shoot out against the Colts when running the ball every down would have done the trick. Ron Dayne gets 150yds. Ron Dayne? If the Pats stuck with the run they would have won that game despite all those fumbles

ok more than 2 thoughts

3)

:rofl:

Paymeaton is happy sucking up all the teams salary space.

this is exactly why i don't feel sorry for him. He is directly responsible for how his defense does because the colts have so much less for other players. New England could have done that by paying Brady an astronomical sum and making Branch one of the highest paid WR's in the league. The Pats and Brady understand the real concept of building a team and we are so fortunate as fans because of it.

I'm convinced that whole anti-Charger thing was because Daddy wanted his boys in different conferences. If they were both in the AFC there would be no Manning Super Bowl that the family is clearly entitled to by birthright :D

Well, I don't feel sorry for him. But for once, his supporters are right. Manning is having a near perfect season, and his D is giving it all away. It's funny. His team gives him everything on offense but nothing on D. Our team keeps it balanced, yet our fans cry that our FO wastes a year of Brady's prime. LMAO. Good thing to say ******s, 3 rings later!

God, I loved watching Peyton's little crybaby look when he walked off our field, knowing that his team got their asses handed to them for the first time by us in a whole five years. I cannot tell you people how sweet it was to get a win off the Colts. And how we got destroyed by the Pats but beat the Jags twice and beat the Colts is beyond me.

Oh, and awesome win today, I hate the Jaguars too and was happy to see the Pats pull that one out as well. The games today were perfect for me, Merry Christmas everyone!

And how we got destroyed by the Pats but beat the Jags twice and beat the Colts is beyond me.

Two words: division games.

The normal state of affairs in the NFL does not apply. It's like the Pats and Miami.

Merry Christmas to the Texans. Love seeing the Colts lose.

That would be sweet....

God, I loved watching Peyton's little crybaby look when he walked off our field, knowing that his team got their asses handed to them for the first time by us in a whole five years. I cannot tell you people how sweet it was to get a win off the Colts. And how we got destroyed by the Pats but beat the Jags twice and beat the Colts is beyond me.

Oh, and awesome win today, I hate the Jaguars too and was happy to see the Pats pull that one out as well. The games today were perfect for me, Merry Christmas everyone!

DGT,
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the kind words. Merry Christmas and thanks for knocking the Colts out of the bye

Two words: division games.

The normal state of affairs in the NFL does not apply. It's like the Pats and Miami.

Merry Christmas to the Texans. Love seeing the Colts lose.

Seeing the Colts lose is a close second to seeing a Pats win on my list of favorite things.

Merry Christmas Texan fan. Don't listen to the Phantasy Phootball Phans and keep building that defense.

And give your QB a present of a better OLine, he'll appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes