PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Hurricane Ike update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
A few people asked to keep the board informed on the flooding from the hurricane.

We ended up with 19 inches in the house. That is wonderful compared to what we expected after seeing photos and hearing reports from people around the neighborhood. We obviously lost a lot and have a lot of cleaning ahead of us but so much was spared that we figured so certainly gone.

The blessing came though to see my sister and brother-in-law's house had minimal damage. We pulled up carpet in two rooms and will need to replace maybe three sheets worth of sheetrock but that is it. They were in an area that was bad off but they sat high enough to be ok. 3 blocks away is just wrecked.

So we have a place to stay through all this so we'll be fine. Plus, crews were all over the place already working on the power lines so it shouldn't be too long. My dad works for Entergy and he pointed out that they had so many crews down here already in Louisiana and Arkansas working on the Gustav recovery, they got in to the area very quickly.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers and I will check in whenever I can.

Glad to hear you and your family made it through relatively unscathed. Hope you get everything back to normal soon!!

Great news. I can't imagine having to deal with what you're going through. We have a pretty uneventful season up here in NH, so aside from the water in the garage that I get occasionally, my issues aren't even remotely close to yours. Sounds like you at least were prepared, heading into this thing and more importantly your loved ones are O.K. But definitely keep us updated and we're thinking of you. - Ian

Last edited:
Good to hear the damage wasn't as bad as feared. Hopefully the rebuilding won't be too big of a hassle either. Keep us informed CPG, and good luck.

Good news, for the most part. Stay safe.

Yes good to know that you're alright. My city got the last great wave of Ike way up here in Kentucky. It cause a city wide blackout. Fortunately I'm away at college right now but I can't even go home this weekend cause the entire city is at a standstill since there is no electricity. Said it might be 10 days before they get the power back on. The only things still open are the hospitals and the jail. Completely cut off from my family cause the cell phones have lost all power with no way to charge them. All businesses and schools have been closed. Plenty of wind and tree damage. I know it's nothing to compare to what the people in Texas went through but I've never seen anything like it.

I remember when Hurricane Juan came through here and we were without power for 4 days and I thought that was a pain in the *****. I hear down there they're talkin like it could be weeks for some people to get power back. *shudder*

Glad that everyone is OK though. Things can be replaced, lives can't.

Good to hear from you and know that you're safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back