Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT Humor (To take your minds off the Pre-game stuff) Could this be Year of the Colts?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Box_O_Rocks, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/15882892.htm

Whoops! Silly me, it only reads like humor. :rolleyes:
  2. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I think if you google 'could this be the Colts year' you get hits from redundant Manning ballwashing tomes penned from 2002 through 2006. This is from Don Banks latest scrubbing on CNNSI today. Although he does lament that D. Last year it was their slaying of the dragon at Gillette that led all to believe Peyton had turned the imaginary corner on his demons. Then wild card Pittsburgh reared it's ugly head and the HFA Colts and Manning were emasculated on national TV once again in the post season. Of course as usual it was the D who bore the blame. :rolleyes:

"Peyton Manning is simply the best quarterback in NFL history to still not have won anything of lasting significance. And If Manning has ever been better, more locked in, more masterful in his nine-year pro career than he was on this picture-perfect afternoon against Denver, I don't know when it would have been."
  3. njpatsfan

njpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Re: OT Humor (To take your minds off the Pre-game stuff) Could this be Year of the Co

And despite that perfection, they barely won - by a field goal.

Most of Colts wins have been against bottom quarter D's. Including 3 of the 5 worst. And they barely won some of those games.

And, unlike other years, the injuries are stacking up.

This is the year that I am least frightened by the Colts.

R
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  4. Box_O_Rocks

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Re: OT Humor (To take your minds off the Pre-game stuff) Could this be Year of the Co

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=116&p=2&c=584681
    Who knew? The Pats are in their "off-peak" years and folks are still paying full price! It will be interesting to read this guy after Sunday night.
  5. Box_O_Rocks

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...30,0,6216774.column?coll=orl-sports-headlines
    Well, at least his views on ESPN are palatable...
  6. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

OOOOHHHHH!! Bring on the game!! I have a good feeling about our boys tonight! I hope they have a great game and shut up all the "experts" that talk about them like they are a has-been. Then its home again, home again to wipe up the muddy (oh, I mean NEW) turf with Peytie Pie's big head!! I don't like to talk tough because I feel it's a jinx, but I am starting to get mad and I hope our guys are too!! GO PATS!!!!!
  7. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Dan Marino disagrees. Manning may eventually prove to be the best, but he hasn't done it yet. For all Marino's shortcomings, once the Marks brothers were gone, Marino was handicapped through much of his career by having relatively little offensive talent to help him.