PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Humane Society writes Goodell to urge him to ban Michael Vick from Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Humane Society has to worry about having Vick banned. He is doing a pretty good job of that on his own. At the rate he is going I would say he is gone under 2 years easy.

I don't think the Humane Society has to worry about having Vick banned. He is doing a pretty good job of that on his own. At the rate he is going I would say he is gone under 2 years easy.

I doubt that very much they are going to give him a lot of leash (no pun intended) because he is simply one of the biggest stars in the NFL and they don't want to do anything to him unless he accually does it not like Pacman and Henry

My wife works in animal welfare, running a large regional adoption shelter. Her approach to him would be to, "torture him the same way those dogs are tortured, let him fight a few of them in a ring, then discard him naked on a big city street because he lost (like they are)."

He's fortunate there is a legal system to fall back on.

Players like to have pit bulls because they feel they are tough guy dogs that only make them tougher. People make them because that makes them look even tougher. It's really unfair for the dogs and irresponsible for the owners. Even if you don't use them for fighting, it can lead to bad situations. Joey Porter had a couple of pit bulls that escaped and killed a small horse. That's right, a HORSE.

Last edited:
Sorry but pit bulls are not my idea of a family pet.
They are great for protection and secruity.
Would never feel good with them round small kids no matter what anyone says!

I wouldn't either, but interestingly, pit bulls were the number one family dog in the early part of the 20th century. Petey, the dog from the Little Rascals was actually a pit bull.

http://www.thetruthaboutpitbulls.com/

I'm a golden retriever person myself. I grew up with one, and we even ran away together when we were both babies.

Whether pit bulls are family pets or not misses the point completely. Making them fight to the death is cruel. People who actually like doing these things have problems bigger than a DE chasing after them.

If I remember correctly, one of the parameters the FBI uses to profile serial killers is whether or not he has a history of cruelty to animals. Now I'm obviously not accusing Vick of being a serial killer, but if it's true that he participated in this, then it would be fair to say that he shares similar traits with criminals who have no respect for life, animal, human or otherwise.

Last edited:

Breed is a red herring with regards to dangerous dogs. There just isn't any data to indicate that the safety of any given animal can be guaged by its breed. Some are a bit more edgy than others, such as dalmations and chows, but to paint a broad brush is just wrong.

ANY dog breed can be bred to be vicious; pits are intelligent and focused, so they are a good candidate.

A small number of people have bred a percentage of the pit population to be vicious. All of these dogs should be put down as soon as they are captured; 99.9% of them can't be rehabilitated. These dogs are easily recognizable by their behavior, body type and body language.

This has no bearing on the rest of the pit population, which are wonderful family dogs. I own one, and he is as fine a canine companion as my family has ever had. We've had a host of labs and lab mixes over the years.

For people who love dogs, and love pits, what Vick has participated in is beyond criminal; it is sick.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/

For people who love dogs, and love pits, what Vick has participated in is beyond criminal; it is sick.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/

Could not agree more. I actually feel bad for Atlanta fans, how on earth can you possibly cheer for this man anymore??? Sorry, it's his property and keeping those dogs aint cheap. To think he knew nothing of this is laughable, and it will totally cheapen Goodell's "get tough" policy if he let's Vick the dog abuser get away with this. And wasn't there another Falcon accused of killing his girlfriend's dog??? What's up with that team and animals???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes