PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: How is dan dierdorf still announcing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he's terrible. The whole Sunday night crew is brutal too, especially Gruden, I can't stand that guy as an announcer (or "color commentator", whatever you want to call it).

He's my least favorite announcer in sports. His voice is hard to listen to, for one thing. Moreover, he says so much that is just absolutely wrong. I always get the feeling he doesn't do his homework, and just throws stuff out there.

Best Announcer: Jim Nantz

Best Analyst: Troy Aikman

Some of them : I have no idea why they have a job (Gruden).
I like Gruden. Get some extra analysis from him and good insight.....better than many others

Brent Musberger does college football games for ABC/ESPN.

While Musberger did work NFL games games many years ago, I don't knowthey he ever worked with Criqui.

Last edited:
How? Did you guys hear the complete garbage coming from him on sunday?
I cannot stand listening to him, this goes back years. I turn the sound down on the tv and watch it in silence. The man is a bloviating fool.

I like him :rocker:

Maybe he's not the most insightful, but I like listening to Announcers, that I grew up with as a kid.

Here's some advice to guys upset by Dierdork. Use your God given male talents to block out his comments. You know, the skills you use to tune out your wife droning on about stuff you need to get done or whatever. Try it!

Ah crap, you're right, it was Dobler I was thinking of. Mind you, he played right next to him, so wouldn't doubt he picked up a few of his habits.

I suppose a bigger point is "wouldn't a former All-Pro offensive lineman have something interesting to offer about line play"? As far as I recall, I have never heard an interesting insight from the man.

Here's some advice to guys upset by Dierdork. Use your God given male talents to block out his comments. You know, the skills you use to tune out your wife droning on about stuff you need to get done or whatever. Try it!
I'll have to agree with this because I don't even remember him speaking or even if he was on the crew.

And I think my daughter has trained me more for this than my wife (jeez that kid can talk, though she ultimately runs out of things to say and continues to tell you the same things again and again).

I'm still perplexed on how Chris Colinsworth keeps getting promoted

Now most analysts hardly even discuss oline play but its all dierdorf talsk about. Guys is horrid.

technically gruden's not bad, but he just ball washes everyone, it's disgusting

Does Mrs. Pissah know how you feel? I bet she would be Wicked Pisshed :D

It makes me angry still that he has a job...hell put me in there

Yes, I did hear the complete garbage he spewed, it was annoying as hell.

The Eagles were down like 37 - 13 in the 4th quarter and he was still talking about how good Vince Young was and all that baloney about how Vince wanted to learn form Andy Reid, what pap.... Vince Young wants to play video games and throw his equipment at the fans.

Then there was Dierdork's ongoing dissertation on the PATS defense and how the offense made the defense look good, as the dfense was holding the vaunted Eagles to thirteen points at that time in the game. He could not go with what his eyes must have been seeing, no he's got to go with his prep ideas developed before the game and based on, what at this point, is an obvious anti-Patriot bias.

He is the absolute worst in the business now. I turned the sound down so I wouldn't have to hear an ape try to make sense. Actually an ape would have been way better in that booth. No sense in isulting an ape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back