PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: How does Darren McFadden compare to Adrian Peterson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the phins are taking RB, WR, or QB... probably OL or defense.

Yeah like Remix says, he's not an upgrade. Ronnie is hands down top 5 in the leauge right now and a proven commodity. He HAS to return to full strength for the Fins to have any hope in the next 3 years.

Did I miss when Ronnie Brown became the second coming? I mean sure he's good, but top 5? No way. You're going to put up yards when you're the only legit offensive weapon on your team.

Did I miss when Ronnie Brown became the second coming? I mean sure he's good, but top 5? No way. You're going to put up yards when you're the only legit offensive weapon on your team.
Uh, no? Ronnie was facing 11 man fronts this year behind Miami's blocking and was still averaging 5.1 YPC while also being downright lethal catching the ball. He was All-Pro until he got injured.

Uh, no? Ronnie was facing 11 man fronts this year behind Miami's blocking and was still averaging 5.1 YPC while also being downright lethal catching the ball. He was All-Pro until he got injured.

He was facing 11 man fronts? So, opponents weren't defending against anyone else on the Dolphins? I'm not saying he wasn't very good by the way.

He was facing 11 man fronts? So, opponents weren't defending against anyone else on the Dolphins? I'm not saying he wasn't very good by the way.
Exaggeration, but the combo of Booker, Ginn and whatever the hell they have at TE meant that Brown was the Lone Ranger on that offense.

You couldn't be more wrong. Go to youtube and type in Ronnie Brown. They have videos of him vs. the Raiders and Jets, watch those games and you too will think he is top 5.

Yeah, Bears and Bucs got shafted that draft.

I don't think the phins are taking RB, WR, or QB... probably OL or defense.

It HAS to be defense or trade down. The offensive line has actully been by far the best unit on the football team this year, Rex Hadnot, Vernon Carey and Samson Satele is a damn good core up front. We are so desperate for help on the defensive line, it isn't even funny. I'd expect at least 3 maybe 4 new DLmen next year and it seems the Dolphins have permantley gone back to the 4-3, I've seen a 3-4 on literally about 10 plays this year.

Glenn Dorsey or trade out is my plan as of now. We're hoping to possibly swap picks with Atlanta in trade for DeAngello Hall with some more later picks coming our way then we could take a Calais Campbell or Kenny Phillips.

2nd scenario would be to trade down with Dallas and take nearly their entire draft.

Do you guys think the Patriots would take McFadden if was available if they got a high enough pick from San Fran even though they have Maroney?

Last edited:
Do you guys think the Patriots would take McFadden if was available if they got a high enough pick from San Fran even though they have Maroney?

It really depends on what happens to Maroney the rest of this season. If McFadden is on the board when the Patriots pick, I give up, it's already hard enough and that would just seem unfair. So based off that I think you can tell that my answer is yes, they would take him.

With that said, he won't be there when they pick, he's going top 3 and the Niners (Or you guys I guess) aren't picking top 3.

I'd honestly rather have Ray Rice the wrecking ball, if he declares early, than McFadden, if I were the Patriots front office. I think he's more useful for the Patriots: he's a ferocious battering ram who demands you pack the box, but packing the box means you die by the Boston Bomb Squad (Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Watson, and Brady the Scoreboard Destroyer) in dramatic fashion.

Guy who Belichick probably wishes was a year older: George Selvie at USF. He's a lightish DE but crazy fast and goes after the opposing quarterback like he owes him money. I figure the Pats would move him to OLB and just have him tee off from the weak side.

Guy the Dolphins should pick with their probable #1 pick: Andre Woodson, Kentucky. They need a quarterback desperately.

I'm not talking about Cleo Lemon. I'll let you research the 2007 NFL draft then get back to me.

Actually, I'll give you a clue. Look down.

Lemon's not all that bad, but whoever suggested that the Dolphins should play Beck this year is insane. Throwing a rookie QB to the wolves on the worst team in the league? You have to be kidding, right?

McFadden, Rice, and Slaton, the three most talented RBs in this possible class (though I suspect Rice will be back to school), are all 205 lbs or less. They all (especially McFadden, who's 6'1") need to put on a solid 15 lbs. to be pro runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back