PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Hotel options for Redskins Game 10/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Mods - I know that you will move this to a different forum but I am kindly asking that you allow it to remain here for just a few hours where it will get read and maybe responded to. In the other forums no one will ever see it. Thanks in advance.
==================

I'll be going to the home game against the Redskins on 10/28 and am starting to look around for hotels. My wife and I will be there from Thursday, 10/25 - Monday 10/29 and will almost definitely stay in Boston on Thursday and Friday nights but am weighing options for Sat - Monday:

1) Remain in Boston - very expensive but if Halloween is a big deal in the city and there is a lot going on Saturday night (which isn't actually Halloween) then it might be fun and worthwhile. If all the festivities really happen ONLY on the 31st then we'll pass due to the cost.

2) Stay closer to Foxboro - cheaper and convenient for going to and from the game. Sidenote: on some travel websites if you search on "Foxborough, MA", it changes it to GA as in Georgia only recognizing the shorter spelling which as I understood it only pertains to the football stadium and not the town.

3) Providence - never been here so it could be a good chance to visit and see a new area though this would probably only be for Saturday night since it wouldn't make sense to stay there on Sunday night after the game since we're flying out of Logan in the early afternoon. About the same travel time to the stadium as from Boston? Is there much to see or do in late October in one day?

4) Other - your suggestion; similar to #3 in playing tourist in a new area that's not too far out of the way considering we'd only be there one full day (Saturday). We've spent plenty of time in Boston but never really anywhere else so we're open to exploring someplace new.

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions before this thread gets moved to another forum where it will never be seen again. :)

Last edited:
Stay In Milford, 14 min from the Razor, nothing until they build a hotel on the grounds, so Milford has some better bars.. Dont stay in Dedham, if you stay in Milford, you can take the Train to Boston if you want to go to Boston..

I've stayed in Sharon, about 5 minutes away from stadium and Norwood, about 15 minutes away. Little to do around there, but they do have a few bars. These areas are nothing like Boston, but you'll be near the stadium.

Providence for sure. Plenty to do, great restaurants, closer to Gillette than Boston, much less traffic, alot cheaper than Boston in every respect, and even funnier accents.

Thanks for all the responses and thanks to the mods. Feel free to move this now that I have received some good info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back