PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Holley saying Favre may end up in Miami...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Just heard this..that he really thinks somehow Favre will end up with Parcells...THAT is really interesting..although pretty odd...but I wonder if anyone has heard this possible rumor???

Last edited:
And so it begins...

This would be bigger than Montana playing in KC.
And by 'bigger', I mean worse.

that would be cute

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Why would Favre leave a place where he is adored, and had a big contract, and a young nucleus in place, to go to a rebuilding project? If he didn't think GB was going to compete for a title, he's certainly not going to do so in Miami.

Last edited:
Favre taking his gunslinging routine to a place where the #1 receiver is now Ted Ginn, Jr? That I'd like to see.

i will laugh my *** off if he ends up in miami after all this.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Why would Favre leave a place where he is adored, and had a big contract, and a young nucleus in place, to go to a rebuilding project? If he didn't think GB was going to compete for a title, he's certainly not going to do so in Miami.

Bingo.

I think that sometimes people that get paid to talk for a living say things just so they have something to talk about without thinking them through first.

Green Bay was one interception away from going to the Super Bowl. Miami wasn't even one pick away from dropping to the 2nd pick in the draft.

Favre would be really stupid to go to Miami knowing he has to face the Pats 2X a year. That's a suicide mission. The only way Favre comes back is if he thinks the team is one qb away from competing for the SB. I could see him going to the Ravens, JAX, , Redskins.

Holley knows a lot about the Pats because he has access. Not sure he knows a lot about the rest of the NFL unless he gets that from his alter ego Michael Smith at ESPN. Some outlets are going to try to spin the retirement as intrigue, because the ball washing retirement pieces will have limited shelf life (please god).

Tuna could use a veteran QB. However, this one remains the property of the GB Packers until he files his retirement papers, and even thereafter. I think part of Brett still wants to play, but just on Sunday. The part that is toast is what allowed him to win in the second half of 2006 and most of 2007. That part struggled with the Tuesday through Saturday workload required to manage a game and a young team as opposed to just slingin' it to veteran WR's. Tuna ain't got none of those, unless Keyshawn un-retires, and that likely wouldn't be enough.

Greenbay has decided that the Sunday part of Favre is not worth $12M on their cap. They want him to retire. They have built a nice young nucleas, and they probably expect it may take a step back this season but in the long view that will be OK. If he could mentor and backup it would be different. They could work out a deal to lower that cap. But he can't and he won't, so I think he stays retired. No way he jeopardizes the legacy to go somewhere else for a year that could get ugly.

Bingo.

I think that sometimes people that get paid to talk for a living say things just so they have something to talk about without thinking them through first.

Green Bay was one interception away from going to the Super Bowl. Miami wasn't even one pick away from dropping to the 2nd pick in the draft.

No, but Miami was about one pick away from going 0-16. :D

I'd guess he is speculating. I've heard others say thing because:

1) Favre seems to be a little bent about Green Bay not pushing harder to talk him out of retirement

2) Ron Wolf is a consultant for Miami, so there is a connection

I wouldn't expect it to happen, but it isn't shocking to consider.

ALL understood...he just thinks the retirement was too quick..and that he has some time left..more to do with Parcells..than anything and to maybe help with Ryan if Miami takes him..I thought it was interesting since Holley usually has sources...I agree on teh surface it sounds odd...but??

I just think it's too early for Favre to leave the game, the guy is better than 80% of the qbs playing today. With this being said his time is no doubt up in GB, the torch needs to be passed there as they need to see what Aaron Rogers has before HE retires. If Favre can't get a starting job on another team, I could definitely see him as a backup in Seattle with his old pal Mike Holmgren.

Felger said the same thing...Monday night I think it was, on whatever CSN show he's got.

Felger also suggested BF as a possible QB of the NYJ for a year or two.

Last edited:
.... I could definitely see him as a backup in Seattle with his old pal Mike Holmgren.

Actually, I heard he was coming to NE to back up Brady....with the chance to throw to Moss in practices.

Actually, I heard he was coming to NE to back up Brady....with the chance to throw to Moss in practices.

people were saying Moss could convince him not to retire.....:D

No, but Miami was about one pick away from going 0-16. :D

They were 1yrd from going 0-16. Loser Billick had the ball at their one at the end of regulation and settled for the tie. When his team was out of the playoffs. Came back to bite him in OT.

He's still the property of GB so there would have to be a trade of some kind for this to happen...

PFT put this out as a rumor the day he retired. That is probably where Holley got it.

I don't believe Favre will go to Miami.

I don't believe he is retired.

I do believe that there will be plenty of Favre thinking about changing his mind stories in the next few months before he announces his return in July. His agent has already set the stage for his return with the comments GB basically forced this move by not begging the great one to return.

This is Favre doing what Strahan did last year. He'll skip the part of the offseason he hates and then return to play. The main difference is the sports world's greatest media whore wanted to get the media attention that went with the retirement announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes