Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Holiday Sports Heaven

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by upstater1, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +184 / 14 / -3

I'm on a 1 1/2 week break, so I'm sitting around the house playing games with the kids, going sledding, and watching a bellyfull of sports.

I'm a big college sports and NFL football fan.

Tonight, my UConn Huskies are kicking things off with the first Big East basketball game.

Then I'm watching bowl games into Sunday, especially looking forward to PSU-LSU, West va-FSU, Cincy-Florida.

On Saturday its UConn-South Carolina football, and more college basketball than I can stand.

I have 3 AFC games at 1 pm on Sunday (Patriots on Canadian tv, Colts-Bills on local tv, Pitt - Miami on my Slingbox.

Then comes the 4 pm AFC game, and finally Jets-Cincy.

This is the best time of year for a sports fan, and will be the highlight of the year.

I'm psyched about the Patriots advancing, the Big East tourney, the NCAAs, the World Cup in soccer this summer, but nothing beats being home and enjoying things while downing holiday spirits. I may even get out of the house and catch Avatar when the babysitter comes back from her holidays.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  2. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +614 / 9 / -1

#61 Jersey

Skip "Avatar". Think "Dances with Smurfs". I walked out halfway through do to the over-reaching politics and the constant "white guilt" message.

3. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +184 / 14 / -3

From what I understand this is a sci-fi cliche. Boilerplate for sci-fi.

Really, if you go into sci-fi genre, it is always about mankind bringing about destruction, and the future world is post-apocalyptic.

"White guilt?" Is the human military white in the film? That would be odd.

4. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,646 / 13 / -7

#24 Jersey

Enjoy the rest of your break, upstater.

It is indeed, a great time to be a sportsfan.

5. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +614 / 9 / -1

#61 Jersey

It's the "white guilt" bit about American military killing off the locals, etc. "Dances with Wolves", "Last of the Dogmen", Custer, etc etc. etc. The US Marines were pretty much like today, but cliche'd up. When a fair number of folks in the audience started applauding when Marines were killed, I just couldn't take it anymore. It became personal at that point, so I left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.