PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Hines Ward Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much sums it up. **** him, I'm not going to pretend that he's worth praising now, just because he finally retired.

Have to admit I'm pretty shocked to read this from you.

For me he was a real smart, tough, clutch player. I have the greatest of respect for him as a football player. Off the field is another issue with his stupid mouth but he retires as a great one for me. A player who is loved by the majority of fans of the team he played for and as said elsewhere if he were a Patriot we would all be singing his praises. And for me thats the way we have to judge him.

He was on dancing with the stars.

I came in this thread to defend Hines because I knew he'd be catching alot of hate, but you do make a valid point.

One of the greatest WRs of his time. I wish him the best of luck in his future envevors.

Dirtiest receiver to ever play the game. Cries like a little b*tch about everything. Plus, he's a Steeler and is retiring a Steeler. I loathe everything Steeler. F him. Go have another drink - and get someone else to drive, you dolt!

And is this some kind of joke? HOF receiver? Riddle me this? If Reed and Carter can't get in, why on God's green Earth would this pile of filth get in?
2 Rings helps the cause, but I don't think he's HOF worthy, he was never a dominant player, he was just always annoyingly good enough. I HATED that stupid smile he'd make after making a 1st down catch.

One of the greatest WRs of his time. I wish him the best of luck in his future envevors.
He was a GOOD possesion WR, thats about it (and a great blocker). He could break your heart by converting an 8 yard catch on 3rd down, but I don't think any Defensive Coordinators lost any sleep over this guy.

Dirtiest receiver to ever play the game. Cries like a little b*tch about everything. Plus, he's a Steeler and is retiring a Steeler. I loathe everything Steeler. F him. Go have another drink - and get someone else to drive, you dolt!

And is this some kind of joke? HOF receiver? Riddle me this? If Reed and Carter can't get in, why on God's green Earth would this pile of filth get in?

The only way Hines Ward is getting in the HOF is if he pays admission at the gate.

The same for Stinko

2 Rings helps the cause, but I don't think he's HOF worthy, he was never a dominant player, he was just always annoyingly good enough. I HATED that stupid smile he'd make after making a 1st down catch.

Don't forget he also has a Superbowl MVP. He is top 15 in career tds and top 10 in career receptions and top 20 in total receiving yards in a career. He will be a serious contender for the hall, not a first ballot guy but he will get in I'd say. He was one of the best blocking WRs I've ever seen.

Now enough of this, feel dirty making a case for him. Need a shower after that.

His HOF case is good pass catching WR, very good blocking WR, 2 SB wins, 1 SB MVP, and he is nothing short of beloved by the NFL media who do the voting.

Only 1 of those (the last one) gives him any chance to get in but it is a huge one.

I'm a Steelers fan and will always love Hines for his contributions. He was a Steeler through and through. But even I have a hard time imagining him getting into the HoF. If he does, it will be after many, many attempts.

He may only have a very narrow window to get in, after the existing queue of overdue talents like Chris Carter get in, and before the next gen of receivers with bloated stats from the new "live ball" passing attack era become eligible.

Regardless, it was a terrific career for a passionate and tremendously hard-working player--a career that he should be proud of regardless of whether he gets into the HoF.

I think your comparisons the comparisons with Rodney and N.E. are spot-on btw-- Hines is a love/hate guy with most fans, with the "love" or "hate" depending largely on your rooting interest...

That's why I thought it was worth posting..hence the smile I had.

and that has to be a sign of wanting to retire. Worked for Jason Taylor too.

And Ochocinco.... :bricks:

Good. See ya.

Hines Ward master of the chop block.

And as a sign of my respect for him, I smiled during his press conference when he was sniffling about not wanting to wear any other uniform other than "black and gold".

He played the game hard and if he was one of ours, I imagine we'd treat him like we do Rodney.
Sleazy scumbag who always had a look on his face as if someone just passed gas under his nose. I don't wish him any ill will, but I'm not rooting for him to have any great fortune either. Screw'im.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes