PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Hines Ward calls out Big Ben [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus - to say that of a two-time SB winner besides... that dude's taken more hits than most qbs out there. He may be a bit sloppy with the women, but to call him soft is way overboard. Ridiculous.

Maybe Hines should call out the O-Line.

Re: OT: Ward calls out Roethlisberger on Football Night in America

But Hines Ward leads the league in will to win! :rolleyes:

The public backlash against Hines is going to be really, really fun to watch. The guy's always been a loser, and there's no way for his ballwashers to defend him on this one.

I've always thought of Hines Ward as one of those players you don't like because who he plays for, but would love to have on your team. But those comments have me shaking my head; for him to not only think that, but to publicly make those comments just before a very important game, that's totally uncalled for.

I didn't see this myself, but if Ward really said that Ben should kick him square in the crotch. Comparing a concussion with a sore hamstring is unbelievably stupid.

I think Ward has just accidentally done the league and its players a huge favor. Scandal is often the quickest route to change.

Now that a prominent player has publicly lashed out at his franchise QB for not lying to team doctors about the severity of a brain injury there's no more looking away from the concussion problem -- and no more ignoring the fact that the problem comes from the players' side as well as the teams'.

It doesn't get much worse than asking a player with a concussion to play when there are players behind him. But criticizing him when he doesn't is much worse. A solid blow to the head could mentally impair or even kill a player. And for it to comes from Hines Ward? Who was Hines Ward before Roethlisberger entered the huddle? A mediocre wide out on a mediocre squad.

Last edited:
A shout out to Ted Johnson here ... for all he's done on the issue.

get ready for the "taken out of context" retracking as always...

get ready for the "taken out of context" retracking as always...

I know that is the classic excuse. And Ward will probably throw it out there. But is it even possible that this was taken out of context?

Just when you might not be sure if Ward really is an *******, he opens his mouth and removes all doubt...without fail.

Ward is a tool, and as been stated multiple times in here, way off-base in his comments. Ole' Ben's style of play has always indicated a shorter career then most QB's due to the abuse and pounding he takes. The Steelers are 100% correct to take steps to keep him available for the long haul and limit the damage from this latest concussion. Screw what Hinesy and the locker-room says about this one game.

On a side note, watching the public implosion of the squealers "locker room" as they continue to lose is a nice little bonus for the rest of us though, huh? :singing:

Last edited:
Re: Hines Ward call out Big Ben

I would love to see somebody blast Ward the way that Boldin was blasted last season in that game against the Jets. If anybody deserves it, it's this smug ****sucker. Knock him out of a few games and let him know what it feels like to be cheap-shotted.

I would love to see him get blasted as well, but it won't happen.

But what he said publicly is really damaging. You criticized your 2 time Super Bowl winning franchise QB. People can argue all they want if Ben is overrated but his health should be a major priority right now and Tomlin knows it. I don't like his comments because they remind me of those "old school" guys who go "Oh, I played through many concussion because we are warriors". Yeah, Ben should be deprived of a healthy life after football for a game against the Ravens and go all Merril Hoge who needs to write his address down to remember where he lives.

PS: I LOVE your signature hahahaah.

Man, I'm sure a bunch of you guys saw that; pretty crazy stuff. Hines basically said that everyone plays hurt, and that it's maybe 50-50 that guys in the locker room are behind Ben for not playing due to his concussion. I was pretty shocked to hear it, and Ward made it very clear that players can't be worrying about the rest of their lives when they're players.

Thankfully, Rodney and Dungy were both all over him after that. I especially liked where Harrison said that, in the Pats' locker room, Brady could sit out for any reason or no reason at all and it wouldn't even occur to anyone to question him. He also aptly pointed out that, player or not, to not think about your life in the long term is just stupid.

What did you guys think?

I think Ward's comments are more an indictment of Roethlisberger's dedication and work ethic (lack thereof) than this one incident. Ward just picked the wrong time to call him on it. If Ben was a team leader in every sense of the word a la Tom Brady, his decision to sit out would not be called into question.

Last edited:

I was pretty shocked to hear it, and Ward made it very clear that players can't be worrying about the rest of their lives when they're players.

Now which Steeler had the concussion? Roethlisburger? or Ward? Because the person who said that has some kind of brain damage.

Re: Hines Ward call out Big Ben

It's nice to talk tough sometimes. But it's stupid to ask your franchise QB to play when he's not ready after a concussion. Really stupid.

Yeah, especially since the doctor denied clearance many times prior to the game.

Last edited:
I liked seeing Ben siting on the bench pating the kid on the back after the OT pick. Knowing it cost them the game and quite likely the season, he held his composure decently and consoled his teammate sincerely. Kudos to Rthlsbrgr.

I liked seeing Ben siting on the bench pating the kid on the back after the OT pick. Knowing it cost them the game and quite likely the season, he held his composure decently and consoled his teammate sincerely. Kudos to Rthlsbrgr.

Ben may be a drama queen and closet rapist with a heart of gold, while Ward may be ultra clutch and in your face ****y, but at the end of the day neither of these self absorbed doofusses is much without the other. They will kiss and make up for that reason alone.

Although Ben appeared to be the more compassionate and intelligent for at least one night... which speaks volumes about Hines Ward.

Only ones I felt for were Dixon and Polamalu...

Ward is such an idiot. This is Big ben's 4th documented concussion since he joined the NFL. They guy needs to be careful or he'll be out of the league by the time he's 34. And it's hilarious that he is already backtracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back