PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- Here is hope that Irvin does not make HOF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
In a half hour, you know Aikman and White will be in, but hope a guy like Mike Irvin does not make it, he does not deserve it.. Would rather see a guy like Harry Carson or Art Monk get in...

No Irvin

Here's who made it:

Troy Aikman, Harry Carson, John Madden, Warren Moon, Reggie White, Rayfield Wright

Good to see Harry Carson make it, not sure how I feel about Warren Moon though.

How does Warren Moon make it???

Moon is the definition of a loser.

If Moon is in, then Irvin should be in.

Last edited:
mikey said:
Irvin should never be in, he's a ****y pot-smoking criminal who doesn't even know how to talk. I hope he never gets in.

mikey said:
How does Warren Moon make it???

Moon is the definition of a loser.

Moon was one of the last victims of the "black quarterbacks can't win in the NFL" syndrum. Look at the numbers he put up in the CFL. He was certainly good enough to have played his entire career in the NFL and I think the HOF voters appreciate that. Also ask Sam Bam's little brother, McNabb, Culpepper, McNair, et al if they think Moon belongs in the HOF, I'm sure that they would agree. Moon belongs in the HOF both for his career, and the sterotype that he helped destroy. I for one am glad to see it.

drew4008 said:
Irvin should never be in, he's a ****y pot-smoking criminal who doesn't even know how to talk. I hope he never gets in.

I sh*t you not, we arrested a guy on Wednesday for selling crack, and he was wearing a Michael Irvin jeresey!!! His partner was wearing a Rothliesberger jersey, I still don't know what to fingure about that. Maybe they know something that we don't.

FreeTedWilliams said:
Moon was one of the last victims of the "black quarterbacks can't win in the NFL" syndrum. Look at the numbers he put up in the CFL. He was certainly good enough to have played his entire career in the NFL and I think the HOF voters appreciate that. Also ask Sam Bam's little brother, McNabb, Culpepper, McNair, et al if they think Moon belongs in the HOF, I'm sure that they would agree. Moon belongs in the HOF both for his career, and the sterotype that he helped destroy. I for one am glad to see it.

Right on. Moon put up nearly 50,000 yards in the NFL. I've got no problem with him being inducted.

I never liked Michael Irvin. That said, he definitely was a HOF player.

dhamz said:

Was so happy to see Moon make it in!!!! YEA!!!!! :)

Murphys95 said:
Right on. Moon put up nearly 50,000 yards in the NFL. I've got no problem with him being inducted.

Warren Moon and Dan Fouts are all stats and no win.

They are the epitome of selfish players, NFL versions of KoME Bryant.

They just keep slingin' the balls to pile up their stats while losing majority of their games.

If Moon is in, then Culpepper should be in.

And that should cheapen the HOF credential.

dhamz said:

Monk was a much better player, and he isnt in

Congrats to Troy Aikman. Even though the Cowboys were arch rivals of my "other" team, the 49ers, I always respected Aikman as a class guy, a bright guy and an outstanding QB. Too bad he's stuck with that p***y Joe Buck in TV coverage. I agree with the anti-Irvin contingency, hope he gets the shaft year after year like Jim Rice has.

PatsWorldChamps said:
Monk was a much better player, and he isnt in

That is laughable.

Art Monk was a very nice guy who had a couple real good seasons and a ton of decent ones. He wasn't even the best WR on those great Redskin teams. Gary Clark was, he just didn't play as long. In the 8 years they played together Clark caught more passes for more yards at a much higer average and more TDs than Monk.

Comparing Monk to Irvin isn't even close. Monk had 800 more career yards and 3 more TDs in 65 more games. Monk finished in the top 10 in catches, yards or Tds 7 times in his career. Irvin did it 15 times.

Monk is obviously a classier guy than Irvin ever was but according to the bylaws, that is not something voters are allowed to consider in the NFL HOF voting.

dhamz said:

If yuo overlook his first drug arrest and suspension, and his latest drug arrest, and the fact that he's acomplete moron, you're right.

PATSNUTme said:
If yuo overlook his first drug arrest and suspension, and his latest drug arrest, and the fact that he's acomplete moron, you're right.

None of which is supposed to be considered by HOF voters.

Irvin would be on my team anyday.

Don't care about the off field. What counts is on the field, and every one of his teammates would agree.

You people sound like complete yahoos. Who gives a sh-t if Irvin likes drugs? How is that your business? He's clearly deserving of the Hall of Fame, he was one of the best WRs of his era and a key component of the best team of the 90s.

Porco Rosso said:
You people sound like complete yahoos. Who gives a sh-t if Irvin likes drugs? How is that your business? He's clearly deserving of the Hall of Fame, he was one of the best WRs of his era and a key component of the best team of the 90s.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that. Obviously the guy's life is ******ed and I rarely agree with what he says on Countdown, but to paraphrase Emmitt Smith: It's the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the Life Hall of Fame. The voters need to get over their lousy biases and values... and I say that as a conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back