Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: HBO Sports programming

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by borg, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borg

borg Rookie

Ratings:
    +100 / 3 / -11

For those that get HBO, I recommend two sports shows that are getting play now...Lombardi......and.....24/7 Penguins.
    Lombardi is the life of the great coach, and you can't help but watch the show and see a little BB and alot of Parcells in the guy.
    24/7 Penguins is like the Hard Knocks of hockey, except it features the build up of the Winter Classic game between Pitt and Wash. Best hockey show I've ever watched and you will appreciate what tough SOBs these guys are. I'm not much of a hockey fan, but these 4 episodes will be must see TV in my house.
  2. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

I agree. It was very well done with a good amount of history I had not heard previously. As a whole, HBO's sports documentaries are worth watching.
  3. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0

There was also a good '30 for 30' on espn that just ran a few days ago, that was on the SMU football program that got the death penalty. I'm guessing it will be repeated a few times; I thought it was well worth watching too. A lot of stuff brought up about that event that I either didn't know or had completely forgotten about. And a minor Pats connection too, as those teams had Craig James at RB and Ron Meyer was the HC.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.