TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
per NFL.com banner on main page

nothin but lols.

Cold shoulder to Shanahan gets Haynesworth suspended | ProFootballTalk

Shanahan:
“Despite the club’s numerous attempts to persuade Albert Haynesworth to abide by the terms of his contract, he has repeatedly refused to cooperate with our coaching staff in a variety of ways over an extended period of time,” coach Mike Shanahan said in a team-issued release. “Among other things, he has consistently indicated to our defensive coaches that he refuses to play in our base defense or on first-down or second-down nickel situations. He has also refused to follow the instructions of our coaches both during weekly practices and during actual games as well.

“Yesterday, when Albert was at Redskin Park, he told our General Manager Bruce Allen that he [Haynesworth] would no longer speak with me,” Shanahan said. “Although suspending any player is not a decision that a head coach enters into lightly, I believe the situation has reached the point where the club clearly has no alternative.”

Seems like he is not honoring his contract. I would look for ways not to pay him if i was the Skins FO

per NFL.com banner on main page

How is it possible someone can act like him and still get $. I know he had a guaranteed contract but there must be some clause. What stops other players from getting there guaranteed $$ then quit on the team.

How is it possible someone can act like him and still get $. I know he had a guaranteed contract but there must be some clause. What stops other players from getting there guaranteed $$ then quit on the team.

How much do I love Daniel Snyder? :D

Obviously the first step in trying to get dumbo to violate some clause in his contract so they can get some money back.

Shoot, I'd stand in the middle of the line and get pounded on for a $100 million.

Unless the team can come up with a hell of a lot more than "I'm not going to talk to him anymore", I don't see how that suspension holds up on appeal.

Unless the team can come up with a hell of a lot more than "I'm not going to talk to him anymore", I don't see how that suspension holds up on appeal.

He's refusing to play. Isn't that a breach of contract? The suspension hardly matters, I would think.

That's a different claim. I was referring to a specific part of Shanahan's statement: “Yesterday, when Albert was at Redskin Park, he told our General Manager Bruce Allen that he [Haynesworth] would no longer speak with me,” Shanahan said.

Cold shoulder to Shanahan gets Haynesworth suspended | ProFootballTalk

I'm thinking he's using that to set up a bill of particulars and try to get some of that money back. If you've seen the gif going round you know Haynesworth is hardly there, when he's there, anyway.

he'll be a Jet within a week...

Sitting on his @$$ for rest of season, suppose it's not much different to what he has been doing already :)

It would be crazy if Hanyesworth went to Detroit. Him and Suh would make a sweet combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes