PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Haynesworth: says he is not a 'slave'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see how a coach with as much smarts and knowledge of the game like Coach Shanahan can take this much longer.

Belichick who IMO is just a step ahead of Shanahan as a HC would have had his ass on the waiver wire just like AD

The Redskins have an exciting new winning coach,proven winner QB in McNabb but have a wart they need to get rid of in AH and they could contend in the east division but to get there they need to rid the cancer....a 100 million dollar cancer

Unfortunately, Haynesworth cashed a $20M+ bonus just a few months ago, so there's absolutely no way that Dan Snyder would okay cutting him. Would never happen.

Not sure what they should do with him...BUT they signed him soooo.... But really what a JERK!!! Yes..he is helping the owners a great deal..making sure guaranteed contracts will never happen..millions for a stiff..I HOPE they grab back the money from him!!

One gets the impression that Sister Fate will Square Books with Mister Haynesworth, before all is said and done.

This is a common dynamic in the urban African American community, when poor blacks are working for whites. I see it in DC all the time. "You may have bought my time but you can't have my pride by making me have a certain attitude or getting any of my discretionary energy." Its all about trying to have a shred of personal power when that's the only kind you believe you have.

I've also seen the same dynamic in poor white communities. Poor folks working for rich folks in the Appalachians have essentially the same attitude. It is the resentment built up across centuries. The word "slave" doesn't come up because that's not part of the history, but that's just a detail.

The problem is that, while it may serve as protective armor in the moment, it traps everyone in the same dynamic and virtually ensures that no progress can be made.

The poor folks would say that Haynesworth is the exception that proves the rule that they can't, on the whole, achieve the American dream and the upward mobility is a fantasy that's used to keep them in their place. The non poor folks would say that the poor folks just aren't trying hard enough or have a bad attitude, and that there's room for everyone to succeed. Its one of the ultimate American questions.

And Haynesworth pops up as a case study.

Just once in my lifetime I want to see a team hang onto one of these lazy overpaid chatty cancers and bury them and their careers on the bench for the length of the contract. To trade Haynesworth is to give him what he wants. Skins should put him on the pine and send him out only during garbage time.

Did they even interview Haynesworth before sending him a huge contract? Seems like it would be easy to find out what's in his head by just talking to him for 5 minutes

Last edited:
I don't feel for him at all, he dug his own grave. And for once a player has a leverage versus the team. The only reason he is saying all this garbage is so that the team is forced to cut him. Then he gets his guaranteed money plus he can sign with whatever team he wants. And as bis of an ass as he is being, he is not entirely at fault for this whole situation. He signed there under the presumption that he was going to be used in a certain way, and one year later that all changes. If I signed a contract with a company to do job X and then a couple months later they told me I had to do job Y (which I hated) I'd be pretty irate. Money doesn't make everything better if you hate your job.
Neither does carrying on like a **** wit. Professionalism not something you believe in?

Last edited:
This is a common dynamic in the urban African American community, when poor blacks are working for whites. I see it in DC all the time. "You may have bought my time but you can't have my pride by making me have a certain attitude or getting any of my discretionary energy." Its all about trying to have a shred of personal power when that's the only kind you believe you have.

I've also seen the same dynamic in poor white communities. Poor folks working for rich folks in the Appalachians have essentially the same attitude. It is the resentment built up across centuries. The word "slave" doesn't come up because that's not part of the history, but that's just a detail.

The problem is that, while it may serve as protective armor in the moment, it traps everyone in the same dynamic and virtually ensures that no progress can be made.

The poor folks would say that Haynesworth is the exception that proves the rule that they can't, on the whole, achieve the American dream and the upward mobility is a fantasy that's used to keep them in their place. The non poor folks would say that the poor folks just aren't trying hard enough or have a bad attitude, and that there's room for everyone to succeed. Its one of the ultimate American questions.

Absolutely tremendous post, man. :cool:

Just once in my lifetime I want to see a team hang onto one of these lazy overpaid chatty cancers and bury them and their careers on the bench for the length of the contract.

BRAVO!! :rocker:

You did a ton of generalizing in this post. I know lots of "urban african americans" and you can see why some are successful and some are not. There are also some due to their situations education, drug addicted parents, no stable home life etc. that will never advance in life as sad as that sounds.

But Albert haynesworth calling himself a slave is F*cking ridiculous. It's embarassment to black people and our turbulent history in this country. I can guarantee you there has never been a 300 lbs slave who drove a luxury car and decided when he wanted to work.

I agree with what you said about protective armor but not in the context you used it. Any black person with any intelligence should know the difference between the lives we lead today vs. the horrific existence of blacks before and following reconstruction in the U.S

Earth to Haynesworth: the fact that you even HAVE a contract means you are not a slave.

Slaves were not lazy fat bastards who were paid $100 million for not doing their jobs.

F*ck him. He's the same scum bag that did this while playing for those dirty Titans. Seems like people have already forgotten.

I had forgot about that!

Is he really that good of player?

Neither does carrying on like a **** wit. Professionalism not something you believe in?

I do, but when both sides are acting like children, it's tough for me to feel sorry for either of them.

You did a ton of generalizing in this post. I know lots of "urban african americans" and you can see why some are successful and some are not. There are also some due to their situations education, drug addicted parents, no stable home life etc. that will never advance in life as sad as that sounds.

Any black person with any intelligence should know the difference between the lives we lead today vs. the horrific existence of blacks before and following reconstruction in the U.S

Yes, a lot of generalizations, agreed. As did you. I don't agree with some of yours.

I believe this issue is about class, masquerading as about race. Which is why I brought the Appalachian reference into it. As long as we (and Albert) see it as about race, it doesn't move. And, because we aren't allowed to talk about class in the US without being labeled as destructive or unpatriotic, nothing happens.

Here's his actual quote, by the way. I don't disagree with him:

"I guess, in this world, we don't have a lot of people with backbones. Just because somebody pays you money don't mean they'll make you do whatever they want. I mean, that means everything is for sale. I mean, I'm not for sale," Haynesworth said. "Yeah, I signed the contract and got paid a lot of money, but just because, that don't mean I'm for sale or a slave or whatever.

"We agreed upon coming to that [contract] that I'd play defensive tackle and not nose guard and all that other stuff. I was signing with a 4-3 team," he continued. "It was a lot of promises and stuff like that. But now, it's been better, dealing with [defensive coordinator Jim] Haslett, and we run a lot of 4-3 stuff and you'll see that [Sunday]."

Haynesworth is an idiot. The end. He is paid to do a job and doesn't want to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back