PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Haynesworth fails conditioning test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Golic of ESPN's Mike & Mike in the Morning, a 47 year old man who's been out of the NFL since 1993 was able to pass this conditioning test today.

BUMP BUMP BUMP Here's that link again Mike Golic Passes The Test - ESPN Video - ESPN.

:ditto: :rofl:

Whether he passed it or missed it by a couple of seconds as the "tape" suggests he might have is irrelevant. Here's a 47 year old guy who did NOT spend the last six months training to be in NFL shape passing or coming within two seconds of passing the test.

Big Albert's "Personal Conditioning Coach" must have been his local McDonald's Fry Cook.

OK, all right, I admit that I am the guy who gets ticked when people even click on HSPN, but I saw this on TV last night and Golic had guts to put himself out there like that. He's earned a Free Pass from me on the next dumb thing he says about the Pats!

Shanahan is just showing Hayneworth who's boss. It could blow up on him when Haynesworth files his inevitable grievance with the NFL, but right now Shanahan is showing Haynesworth he won't be able to shoot his way out of town because he won't be able to pill on stats in the 3-4.

I'm pretty sure that the CBA allows the Team to give this or a similar test to anyone who doesn't participate in the team's conditioning program before letting them in camp, so I don't know what his grounds for a grievance would be.

And, he can't claim that the test is unreasonable. In case you missed it, 47 year old Mike Golic took and passed it on TV last night (Mike Golic Passes The Test - ESPN Video - ESPN).

Last edited:
Nobody else on the entire team had to do a conditioning test. Shanahan is screwing around, and the NFLPA is watching.

The reason no one else has to take the test is every other teammate participated in the off season workout program. Only those who did not participate are required to take the conditioning test. A further indictment against haynesworth actually.

No one is screwing with Haynesworth and I bet the NFLPA is laughing at him. I bet their head D. Smith could pass it easily.

Unfortunately Shannahan, who is a jackhole in his own right IMHO, will eventually have to cave for practical purposes because the Redskins apparently signed Albert to that idiotic contract fully aware that he already had a sometimes balky knee that needed to be managed in season that is now legitimately balking as a result of just attempting to run a pre practice conditioning test to prove who's the boss.

Rather than engage him in a battle of wills, Shanny should have found a way to cut Snyder's losses and moved on before he totally devalued his overhyped DT... The reason he's in Washington now is because over the years in Denver Shanny's ego had increasingly become his own worst enemy. At this point he should just give Albert one of his patented lie detector tests and tell everyone he passed and is good to go and call it a day...

Unfortunately Shannahan, who is a jackhole in his own right IMHO, will eventually have to cave for practical purposes because the Redskins apparently signed Albert to that idiotic contract fully aware that he already had a sometimes balky knee that needed to be managed in season that is now legitimately balking as a result of just attempting to run a pre practice conditioning test to prove who's the boss.

Rather than engage him in a battle of wills, Shanny should have found a way to cut Snyder's losses and moved on before he totally devalued his overhyped DT... The reason he's in Washington now is because over the years in Denver Shanny's ego had increasingly become his own worst enemy. At this point he should just give Albert one of his patented lie detector tests and tell everyone he passed and is good to go and call it a day...

Yeah, the right thing to do, now that Shanahan has made his point and Albert has been humiliated by Golic, is to administer the test with a magic stopwatch that stops at 70 seconds even if Haynesworth is still wheezing his way into the final lap.

Last edited:
Breaking News: Abe Vigoda has just passed the Redskins' conditioning test.

HA! :D

Breaking News: Abe Vigoda has just passed the Redskins' conditioning test.

HA! :D

Betty White is taking it this afternoon, but they're spotting her 10 seconds.

Betty White is taking it this afternoon, but they're spotting her 10 seconds.

Word is she beat it by 12...

All this bad press couldn't happen to a better player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye