PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Hats off to Drew Brees

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Qualcomm have to do with Drew Brees? Aside from a very good season in his fourth year in the league, he was pretty much average with the Chargers. Oh, and Qualcomm might as well be a dome. Playing in San Diego means no adverse weather conditions throughout the season.

And of course everybody is talking about weapons. Who does Brady have of above average talent, aside from Welker, Gronk and Hernandez? The Saints are loaded with young, physically gifted playmakers, this is undisputable.

Would those guys be as good without Drew Brees? Probably not. Are they SIGNIFICANTLY better than what Tom Brady has to work with in both quality and quantity? Without a shadow of a doubt.

Rodgers has about 8 or 9 options to throw to as well, hope our shaky depth at WR starts to be productive.

Drew has a good attitude, works his a z z off and makes that offense click. His early numbers at starter weren't off the charts but now he's a season'd veteran and it more than shows.

There are a lot of QB's surrounded with talent in this league doing squat

It should be hard even for the same division fans to dislike Brees

He is everything the game needs in a QB...a great passer,a great motivator and is a true leader of that team

I also think he is a great father,husband as seen after they won the SB

You can't help but wish the best for the guy

Rodgers is another QB you really can't find fault with

He is everything the game needs in a QB...a great passer,a great motivator and is a true leader of that team

Championship belt celebration:bricks:

couldn't resist that 1, low blow. I keep hearing what a dbag Rodgers is, just not seeing it myself. seems like a nice guy

All this individual praise is well and good, but the Saints' win last night was not in the Pats' interest as we have their first-rounder in the next draft.

On 2011 form it's Rodgers - Brady -- Brees.

The first two play outside.

If you actually watch Brady play its clear that he is in a league of his own in the NFL. The way he controls the game is far above any other player including Rodgers, and including which ever QB next year that is going to go on a hot run and suddenly be considered the best ever.

I like Brees

however, I find fault with Rodgers ****y ass face.

Brees is awesome, but it's kinda hard not to be when you have Colston, Meachem, Henderson, Moore, Graham, Sproles, Ingram, Thomas, Ivory and you play at least half your games in a dome.

Wow, you have to be amazed at the weapons Brees has. Sproles, Ingram, Thomas and Ivory, are better RB choices (quantity wise) than anything GB and NE have, and all a good receiving threats. Sproles was the free agent signing of the offseason. WR wise, I think top end wise, GB has NO and NE beat, but the sheer amount of talented WR's NO has is amazing. Colsten, Moore, Henderson, Meachem, wow. Graham is just a beast of a TE who is a mismatch for any defense. And, to play indoors in at least 8 games doesn't hurt. Not to take anything away from Brees, he is a proven future Hall Of Fame QB and a Super Bowl MVP (well earned as opposed to Peyton's SB MVP).

All this individual praise is well and good, but the Saints' win last night was not in the Pats' interest as we have their first-rounder in the next draft.

No matter. We'll trade that pick anyways for some other team's first round pick the following year.

Regarding Brees, he's up there with Brady and Rodgers. He definitely has plenty of weapons, but as someone else has mentioned, how good are these weapons if they're not playing with him. He's got a lot of athletic WRs just like Rodges has and something Brady doesn't have. However, in our system, the importance seems to be more about knowing where you are supposed to be against the defense you're playing against versus having the athletic ability to run and jump past defenders.

If Brady ever gets an athletic WR who can fully grasp our offense to go along with our TEs, RBs, and Welker, this offense IMO will even be better than what it is now.

When did Qualcomm stadium get a dome installed?

weapons, weapons, everybody is talking about weapons.

is it the weapon or the shooter that makes the weapon good?

Just like Branch-Brady; a bunch of these guys wouldn't be able to replicate this success in another team.

And I don't think the Pats are exactly slumming it in the weapons department. We have the #1 producing WR in the league, some awesome TEs, and our worst, underperforming WR is a like a six-time pro bowler.

Great post Rod....totally agree. Indisputable that having that many "potent" weapons certainly makes the job easier....
What does Qualcomm have to do with Drew Brees? Aside from a very good season in his fourth year in the league, he was pretty much average with the Chargers. Oh, and Qualcomm might as well be a dome. Playing in San Diego means no adverse weather conditions throughout the season.

And of course everybody is talking about weapons. Who does Brady have of above average talent, aside from Welker, Gronk and Hernandez? The Saints are loaded with young, physically gifted playmakers, this is undisputable.

Would those guys be as good without Drew Brees? Probably not. Are they SIGNIFICANTLY better than what Tom Brady has to work with in both quality and quantity? Without a shadow of a doubt.

Time to get your eyes checked.

Brady is better than Rodgers and its not even close. Like, its not even a tiny bit, little wee wee bit close.

Saints / Packers might be the NFL's new marquee rivalry now that Peyton & the Colts are done.

Brees is the second best QB in the league after Brady.

Rodgers is playing a cut above the rest, but Brady and Brees are basically a coinflip at this point. What Brees did Monday night was simply filthy, right up there with the best of anything Brady has ever done in a game. Brees and Rodgers both have a greater depth of weapons, however.

So Rodgers > Brady = Brees and they are all >> better than the next best, whoever that might be. They are the clear triumvirate right now. I've actually lost most of my interest in these debates, because it's very up and down and in the end I'm pretty damn ok with our situation. Maybe I'm just getting older but I got so tired of the endless Brady vs. Manning debates, it just never ended. At the end of the day these are all elite and HOF QBs, I don't and never wanted any of the other guys over TFB.

We are very lucky, however, that only the Packers or Saints can make the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey