PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: "Hard Knocks" Part 2 - Cromartie's troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

loosebearing

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Very Funny Article and Video

Cromartie blames 'Hard Knocks' producers for kid-naming trouble - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

The comments section is great - with one particular from "peoplespigskin"

But remember, the thing that Tony Dungy sees as wrong here and not living up to the "representing the shield" standard is Rex Ryan's language.

I have a comment on this - so anybody that is offended by starting a thread with an opinion - my utmost apology.

I have two sons (of which I know for sure, and I know their names and ages) both of which I not only swore in front of them - but a lot AT THEM. F-bombs abalzing. And much to my surprise they are highly successful and are still ALIVE. (oh - I didn't just say that)

Last edited:
Re: "Hard Knocks" Part 2 - Cromartie's troubles

Remarkable. Wow, at least 4 kids who are 3 years old. What a year he had.

First off, Ryan dropping about 20 F-bombs in the first 5 minutes of that ridiculous first episode is what imo came off as phoney or staged. He was just forcing those F-bombs way too much, and I know because I'll drop 'em with the best of them. Im not passing judgment there, either. It just struck me as weak and a little forced on Ryan's part. We get it, Rex. Youre a wanna be sailor and ya think your team is good.

Getting to your point on Cromartie. I think youre exactly right. Dungy didnt say a word about the fool who's fathered 8 kids with 7 different women, did he? He gets all over the guy who slings some foul language around, but nothing at all about some worthless knucklehead with a half dozen kids scattered all over the country, who more or less will never really never know their own father. Its shameful. Disgraceful. Cromartie's already needed the Jets to bail him out of his child support hole. And its doubtful that'll be the last time he digs such a hole.

Obviously, Cromartie's the person who needs the mentoring. He needed about 15 years ago, more than likely. Just as his kids will likely need it a few years down the road. But hey, at least Dungy made his point that the big fat coach with the big fat mouth of the team with the big fat ego needs to clean up his potty mouth. Great job, Tony D. Making a difference in the lives of big fat blowhards one example at a time.

Last edited:

Cromartie must have "Quiet Strength."

Ack.

That's messed up.

First off, Ryan dropping about 20 F-bombs in the first 5 minutes of that ridiculous first episode is what imo came off as phoney or staged. He was just forcing those F-bombs way too much, and I know because I'll drop 'em with the best of them. Im not passing judgment there, either. It just struck me as weak and a little forced on Ryan's part. We get it, Rex. Youre a wanna be sailor and ya think your team is good.

Getting to your point on Cromartie. I think youre exactly right. Dungy didnt say a word about the fool who's fathered 8 kids with 7 different women, did he? He gets all over the guy who slings some foul language around, but nothing at all about some worthless knucklehead with a half dozen kids scattered all over the country, who more or less will never really never know their own father. Its shameful. Disgraceful. Cromartie's already needed the Jets to bail him out of his child support hole. And its doubtful that'll be the last time he digs such a hole.

Obviously, Cromartie's the person who needs the mentoring. He needed about 15 years ago, more than likely. Just as his kids will likely need it a few years down the road. But hey, at least Dungy made his point that the big fat coach with the big fat mouth of the team with the big fat ego needs to clean up his potty mouth. Great job, Tony D. Making a difference in the lives of big fat blowhards one example at a time.

This! 10 char

Change the shows name in respects to Cromartie and call it "Hard Knocked Up"

Well, there's Dasher, and Dancer, and Donner and Blitzen... :D

So Cromartie was willing to look like an idiot on national TV because he rattled his kid's names off too quickly the first time? I have no doubt Hard Knocks is edited to create storylines and drama that really didn't happen, but I think Cromartie is full of crap. I think he is a dumb indivual with a problem keeping it in his pants and is now trying to save face.

Dungy clearly needs to stop being a Judgemental SOB. I'm surprised he gets so much airtime.

Where the f.ck is f.cking George Foreman when you really f.cking need him?

Last edited:

This is great. Al the flammable ingredients are there, the Jets just needs a match. That match would be if the Jets lost their first two games. And the Jets open with Baltimore and the Patriots; both very lose-able games. I think that the Ravens' power running game might match up well against the Jets and the Patriots will be a powerhouse this year (and surprise a lot of overconfident teams).

This thread is not going to end well.

Moved to the political forum in 3...2...1

I did not personally hire "Saint" Dungy as my moral policeman. I don't give a rats ***** how many F-bombs the ignorant slob drops. It actually pleases me to see what a crude, unpolished turd he is. Hopefull this will all lead to a huge meltdown....or, even better, prolonged mediocrity. The jets are selling out for short term notoriety.

If Dungy was truly a pious man, he would be home with his wife and family, or doing community service and living a humble life style, not grandstanding on television....showing everyone what a riteous man he is. The point is...there are way worse things in this world to concern yourself with besides a few foul words....eg. the Cromartie situation.

Latest word up from the JETS game broadcast is that Dungy was invited to the JETS training camp by Fat Boy and he accepted. Expect make nice platitudes to be issued in copious quantities thereafter.

Latest word up from the JETS game broadcast is that Dungy was invited to the JETS training camp by Fat Boy and he accepted. Expect make nice platitudes to be issued in copious quantities thereafter.

Wow !!!

Somebody posted on another thread that Dungy might have NFL Commishioner as a goal. He might be playing his hand to end up in the NFL offices, maybe as the guy that hands out dicipline. (I forget the title)

Rex remember - he never even heard your speach (it was actually pretty good) He heard that you used f-bombs. Stand your ground. (but I know he won't) guess what's gonna be the main focus of "Hardknocks" part 3

I hated the Jets before this series started, I hat them more now...

Watch out for Vernon...

I thought it was interesting in Episode 2 that HBO bleeped out all the profanity. So, somebody got to them -- Dungy or the commissioner.

This thread is not going to end well.

Moved to the political forum in 3...2...1

I opted for mass deletion, we'll see how that goes. Politics aside, deriding parents for the suicide of their children has long been considered unacceptable on this board. Everybody, please respect that. Thanks.

This is one of the main reasons elite teams like the Colts, Patriots and Steelers will NEVER be part of the circus called Hard Knocks.

Save that for the wanna be teams that crave attention. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye