PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Happy Birthday to Pats726

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike the Brit

Minuteman Target
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I had thought that Pats726 was like flutie2phelan (or plunkett2vataha :) ). I assumed that there was some famous Pats game I knew nothing about. This is the way I imagined it.

It was a game at Foxborough in the days when the Pats were posting a losing record -- maybe they stood at 2-9. It was snowing and it was almost impossible to move the ball but Miami had managed two field goals. Then, some time towards the end of the Third Quarter the Miami quarterback (who? Marino?) tried a short pass at about the twenty yard line. It was picked off and run back into the end zone, the point after was good (John Smith!), and that was the end of the scoring. 7-6 -- a great victory to go along with the Snowplough Game.

Well, you may remember that there was a "let's introduce ourselves" thread before the attack that wiped so much from the board and people -- some of them -- explained their sigs.

So, happy birthday, Stan!

Happy birthday, I'm a Stan with a birthday coming up shortly also. Hope we both have many more. My experiences go back to Fenway Park unfortunately I always remember the bad experiences such as Mike Haynes falling on his butt in the playoff game, or the Jets 3rd string QB beating us in Foxboro after passing only 7 times and who could forget the Joe Washington debacle on Monday night in the rain. Oh well, the last 5 years has rendered all that meaningless and we'll both have a good year watching the Pats win the next SB

I wondered why there were so many fire trucks on the road!

Congrats buddy! Hope you didn't waste all your breath on candles and your writing hand is in shape for your Training camp reports!

Box_O_Rocks said:
.... Congrats buddy! Hope you didn't waste all your breath on candles and your writing hand is in shape for your Training camp reports!

Especially, that about the writing hand!

Did Mike decode that? I also long wondered what 726 might mean. 7/26 ... well, son of a gun!

Y'all know about Historic Route 66, i'm sure. Well, wending its way through parts of Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico
used to be a US highway numbered 666. But some locals got to calling it "the devil's highway" ...
political pressure was brought to bear ... and a few years ago it was re-numbered.
I like 726 better, myself.

Flutie2phelan, of course, commemorates a memorable New England heave. Its ancestor, plunkett2vataha,
was just the curiosity of a Stanford pitch-n-toss team finding its way onto the Patriots.
Some memory there, Mike. No Alzheimer's pills for you yet, eh?

Thanks to ALL!!!!!!!!

Mike, Stan, Box, Fl-Phn and all......THANKS!!!!!!!!

This has eben a LONG day for me...To NY and back...some 450 miles driving ON the road...to see a recent new born grand daughter...
I lean towards the more creative ones.. Kubrick, GB SHaw, Huxley, Jung than the Jagger, SBullock, VVance...personalities..I also remember knuckle baller Hoyt Wilhelm..and Cowboy Bob Lilly...
Hmmm Rt 726??? That souns really great!! Will have to someday venture there...so far my travels have not been to the scenic western mountains...although I have made it to Alaska..and THAt was incredible!!!
My writing hand is in good shape despite the many hours on the wheel today and this year..wiill be a great one for the Patriots!! Again..thanks to all..and at my age..we rather try to not remember..(the years..that is..) Thanks again..it was a great surprise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back