PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Hall of Fame Watch (Marvin Harrison IN, T.O. OUT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Dungy over TO wtf

TO is HOF worthy while Dungy is not. That's my whole point.
Oh, I agree
but Dungy did not stop T.O. from being election, and that what i was trying to convey

Reactions: glm
Why is Eddie DeBartolo a HOF? Just because he was rich enough to own a team with a great coach/QB.

Ken Stabler got in after he died. Such BS. If he was worthy now why wan't he worthy then. Dude can't even get the chance to enjoy the moment.

I can understand Dungy getting in. I might get railroaded for this but IMO he helped turn the Bucs into a powerhouse franchise after being a joke for most of their existence. He set a record in playoff appearances for a coach etc... so for him there is at least an argument.

Why is Eddie DeBartolo a HOF? Just because he was rich enough to own a team with a great coach/QB.
wasnt it two great coaches and qbs back to back

Harrison was great but so was Owens. It is what it is. Owens will probably make it soon.

Its not owens fault harrison didnt get in last yr. I never understood why dungy was in the ballot .

I can understand Dungy getting in. I might get railroaded for this but IMO he helped turn the Bucs into a powerhouse franchise after being a joke for most of their existence. He set a record in playoff appearances for a coach etc... so for him there is at least an argument.
I'll co-sign that. I think a lot of people forget he did that and focus on his time Indy.

That being said if you look at the other coaches currently in the HOF its clearly a one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other situation. But if there's going to be more of an opening for more coaches going forward I think he's a reasonable place to start.

Basically its architect of the Tampa 2 defense

Try not to think about him being a whiny, ******* rivalry but someone that designed a D to stop the west coast offense, which won a superbowl

To's a dink but he's a 1st ballot HOF

The Colts seem to have some kind of hold over the NFL and football writers that I don't understand. Harrison over Owens? I don't think so. And it's amazing how little attention his alleged murder received. Dungy? Again, I don't think so. He did well in Tampa, but they couldn't win the SB until he left. And he only managed to win once with a stacked Indy team. The NFL and the media just overlooked the crowd noise skipping after they had previously been accused of pumping in fake crowd noise. The NFL changed the rules when they complained after losing to the Pats. Seriously, their owner is a drug addict and they receive so much favoritism.

It's not Harrison over Owens. They both had HOF worthy careers. When they get in is sometimes pretty arbitrary. I don't think TO was OVERWHELMINGLY "first ballot" when understanding those terms. But I also think either you are or you aren't, and he is.

Amendola has more TDs in postseason...well I'd just say DA is lucky to have the better QB throwing to him. But we can't blast Manning in one thread for being inferior and disrespect his WRs all over in the next. At least one of the two was clearly pretty damn good. Everyone else doesn't have to suck for Brady to be better.

TO got punished for being a diva - "you're not first ballot!" I think that's pretty obvious. But I'm also pretty sure TO would NEVER get in if he'd had Harrison's post-NFL storyline. He'd be the Pete Rose of the NFL. I'd bet Moss would be too. So I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots