PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Had the displeasure of listening to Colin Cowherd today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Boy is this guy an idiot. He spent 20 minutes arguing that Mark Sanchez is a really good QB. You know what his "best" argument was? If you took away the 13 passes to Roddy White this weekend, Matt Ryan would have virtually the same numbers this week as Sanchez. So if you think Sanchez stinks, then you must think Ryan does too.

Really?!? I guess I shouldn't expect much from ESPN, but even the morons who follow ESPN religiously and think Cowherd is actually great radio can't really fall for such twisted logic.

Sorry to start a thread on this, but I had to vent since I was trapped in a car without control of what I listened to for a half an hour and I feel since I lost a half hour of my life I had to complain somewhere.

He's right. If you take away 15 of Brady's completions (to Welker, Moss, Gronk, and Hernandez), and 3 of his TDs, his numbers would be very similar to Sanchez!!

10/20, 89 yds, 0 TDs

OMG, Brady sucks!!

I usually have little patience for media-bashing threads, but I have to say that's flat-out hilarious. (Especially since Ryan actually DID play lousy, but you still have to ignore 13 of his completions to make the comparison! :rofl:)

He also said that Sanchez showed marked improvement because he didn't throw any picks. Throwing a pick on a four-yard checkdown would be difficult, even for him.

True, by the same token Kyle Wilson is a hell of a CB. If you take away all the times that he got burned for long gains, he didn't get burned for any long gains! And if you take away all the times that Greene fumbled and/or got stopped for minimal gain, he never fumbled and/or got stopped for minimal gain.

Reminds me of the Jets fans who were trying to write off the Pats victory by saying that, if you took away the defensive and ST touchdowns, it was a 24-24 game.

He also said that Sanchez showed marked improvement because he didn't throw any picks. Throwing a pick on a four-yard checkdown would be difficult, even for him.

Yeah, that's one that I don't get; one of the Jets fans on here was trying to make that point last night. Sanchez not throwing any picks wasn't good decisionmaking, because there are two things that are impossible when your QB is so thoroughly neutered: 1) throwing picks, and 2) winning football games.

If you take away his 3 Super Bowl wins, there's no difference between Tom Brady and Brad Johnson.

Jim Rome was WAY better :

"I don't want to hear Jets and Super Bowl in the same sentence. I don't even want to hear Jets and Playoffs in the same sentence".

I give Colin credit for sticking to his preseason analysis and not overreacting after week 1. Sanchez will have a much better game this week against a soft Pats D that is focused on stopping the run.

By that logic, he could have not have passed a single ball (meaning no INTs) and would have improved!

I give Colin credit for sticking to his preseason analysis and not overreacting after week 1. Sanchez will have a much better game this week against a soft Pats D that is focused on stopping the run.

It is one thing to not jump the gun and throw away your preseason predictions after one game, but it is another to use convoluted stupid logic to support why you aren't doing it.

When people make stupid arguments like Cowherd made, I always think they are trying to convince themselves more than others.

I doubt Cowherd believes his own BS. He's probably just trying to get an early jump on next week's biggest game. New York and Boston are both huge markets, and both have huge bases of sports radio listeners. Even fans in other markets are very familiar with both teams. My guess is he's just throwing something out there in order to start a Jets-Pats debate, which should be a ratings bonanza.

However, what he used to create that interest and the subsequent ratings is far-fetched. Plenty of other angles he could have used that would have made a lot more sense.

By that logic, he could have not have passed a single ball (meaning no INTs) and would have improved!

Which reminds me -- Fred Taylor put up negative yardage on 2 plays against Cincy, whereas Maroney didn't lose yardage once.

Why do people always think Mark Sanchez is such a lock to be a good NFL QB? I don't get it. What has he shown that makes it such a guarantee? At least guys like Manning, Bledsoe, Ryan, Roethlisberger, etc. showed natural passing ability in their first season. All Sanchez showed was that he had a great running game & defense and that he could manage a game in the playoffs for 2 games. I'm not understanding why it became accepted that Sanchez has what it takes. Stafford is already better than him. Even Freeman is better if we're just talking last year's draft class. It looks like Sanchez seriously doesn't know what's going on in front of him when he drops back to pass.

Which reminds me -- Fred Taylor put up negative yardage on 2 plays against Cincy, whereas Maroney didn't lose yardage once.

Hoyer didn't throw any INTs either! And Bodden didn't give up any TDs :)

random-quinoa.jpg

Ok, I'll admit, this reference is going over my head...

Umm...maybe he's saying that if Sanchez were eggplant instead of cauliflower, the Jets would be ratatouille? :confused:

Ok, I'll admit, this reference is going over my head...

Back in the day of leather helmets, offensive lineman used to get cauliflower ears before they switched to hard helmets.

Ask the Bengals how well that worked out....... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back