PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Gutlessness

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackglass3

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So I am dropping my son off at daycare here on base this morning. I have a Pats graphic on my back window against dark tint so it stands out and I am wearing my blue Belichick hoodie. As I get out of my car to get my son out, the guy next to me walks past me and gets into his truck. Then he backs out of his space, rolls down his windows (in the rain, BTW) and yells "How about them Giants?" as loud as he can while driving away. (I just said "what about them?" although I doubt he heard me, I was grabbing Angelo's backpack and he was also talking to me...by no means a great comeback or anything but my options were pretty limited at the time)

Honestly, how ***** can you be? If you're going to say something, say it to my friggin face OR (my personal option) is just live and let live. What is with the need to do drive by smack talk? It's just the weakest ****. You like the team that beat mine, I get it. But I never go up to an opposing teams fan and say anything negative, even to Jets fans. *I* didn't help gameplan, I get zero credit for a win or a loss. Why do others act like they do out in public?

Sorry mods I understand if you move this to the PS. I just needed to get that annoyance off my chest.

I am sure Patriots fans do the same thing when they beat the Jets ect;

Its human nature in the sports world to ridicule,harrass and demoralize a fan upon the defeat of their team regardless of whether that taunter was a fan on the winning team or not.

If you get offended then remove any apparel or logos on your vehicle or expect someone,somewhere to eventually piss you off until training camp starts.

Its sad that people act this way but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Ive discovered that a lot of NYers and NJers are cowards.

Most are front running Yankee fans so theyre into the whole sports domination thing.

My stock line for that situation is, aww adults who get all of their self esteem from their favorite sports team are so cute.

That is the New York fan for ya...

I know. I'm from NY originally and they're the biggest bestest front runners ever. If it had gone the other way, he would've been nowhere to be seen. That is, until the Red Sox slinked back into second place from their annual April surge. then it would've been "How 'bout them YANKS!". Loser.

They are a small percentage of the general population and even core fanbases, but the sad fact is there are a ton of morons out there and many of them are football "fans". We have our share here, just ask any other fan base whose web sites they maliciously troll. Same thing.

big truck = small penis

Greetings,
I see your location is Tampa, so I will make the assumption that is was maybe a Bucks fan. To me there is nothing worse than someone who trash talks a fan whose team lost, and they do not even root for the team who won. I mean when they do it in a manner as if their favorite team won.

Celticboy04

no.....not at all

but tie a hockey stick to your butt just in case

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the OP was concerned that this thread might get sent to the Practice Squad. I think you pretty well just assured that.

A lot of people read these posts and form impressions of Pats fans from them. Why don't you edit that or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are fans and there are idiots, seen a few NYG fans yesterday with their chest all pumped out.. liked they played the game or something.

As much as it pisses you off, don't let it bother you.. just give the old double flush.

Wear your colors proud..

I doubt the guy was even a giants fan.......they're still too busy being happy....

more like a colts or jets fan......or even a fair-weather pats fan like mo

I stopped for gas yesterday and as I was pumping it, I noticed a guy on the other side of the island looking at my Patriots license plate holder and smirking. I knew something was coming, I just didn't know what. Finally, he asked me, "How'd you like the game yesterday?" I replied, "Wasn't that great? I really thought the Giants were going to pull it out again. Thank God the Pats hung on for the win." Yahoo: "What are you talking about? The Giants won!" Me: "Like hell they did. They held on and won 17-15." Now, Yahoo's getting pissed: "FU, the Giants stuck it up their *** again." Me, calmly: "You must have fallen asleep and dreamt that." Yahoo, now screaming with spittle coming off of his lips: "You're a lying sack of ****! The Giants beat their sorry *****!" Me, calmly starting my car and pulling away: "If you say so, sport. It must be nice to live in the enchanted kingdom." Yahoo, while giving me the Hawaiian Peace Sign: "FU *********!" It was amazing how much better I felt after that.

Last edited:
I stopped for gas yesterday and as I was pumping it, I noticed a guy on the other side of the island looking at my Patriots license plate holder and smirking. I knew something was coming, I just didn't know what. Finally, he asked me, "How'd you like the game yesterday?" I replied, "Wasn't that great? I really thought the Giants were going to pull it out again. Thank God the Pats hung on for the win." Yahoo: "What are you talking about? The Giants won!" Me: "Like hell they did. They held on and won 17-15." Now, Yahoo's getting pissed: "FU, the Giants stuck it up their *** again." Me, calmly: "You must have fallen asleep and dreamt that." Yahoo, now screaming with spittle coming off of his lips: "You're a lying sack of ****! The Giants beat their sorry *****!" Me, calmly starting my car and pulling away: "If you say so, sport. It must be nice to live in the enchanted kingdom." Yahoo, while giving me the Hawaiian Peace Sign: "FU *********!" It was amazing how much better I felt after that.

Well, that's one way of dealing with it, I guess.

Glad it made you feel better. :)

So I am dropping my son off at daycare here on base this morning. I have a Pats graphic on my back window against dark tint so it stands out and I am wearing my blue Belichick hoodie. As I get out of my car to get my son out, the guy next to me walks past me and gets into his truck. Then he backs out of his space, rolls down his windows (in the rain, BTW) and yells "How about them Giants?" as loud as he can while driving away. (I just said "what about them?" although I doubt he heard me, I was grabbing Angelo's backpack and he was also talking to me...by no means a great comeback or anything but my options were pretty limited at the time)

Honestly, how ***** can you be? If you're going to say something, say it to my friggin face OR (my personal option) is just live and let live. What is with the need to do drive by smack talk? It's just the weakest ****. You like the team that beat mine, I get it. But I never go up to an opposing teams fan and say anything negative, even to Jets fans. *I* didn't help gameplan, I get zero credit for a win or a loss. Why do others act like they do out in public?

Sorry mods I understand if you move this to the PS. I just needed to get that annoyance off my chest.

I know the feeling.

I have/had a NY Giants friend who owned a bagel shop that I used to frequent. After I got back from SB42, he laughed in my face ("HA -HA") when he saw me. I didnt say a word. I'll never forget that and though I rarely see him these days, Im truly shocked that he hasnt called to rub this one in.

If he does, he wont like what I have to say this time.

Being a Patriots fan you learn to grow thick skin. Face it: The NFL Front office hates our team, 31 other teams hate our team, 1500 something odd NFL players hate our team, and the fans of all those other teams and players hate our team.

I know the feeling.

I have/had a NY Giants friend who owned a bagel shop that I used to frequent. After I got back from SB42, he laughed in my face ("HA -HA") when he saw me. I didnt say a word. I'll never forget that and though I rarely see him these days, Im truly shocked that he hasnt called to rub this one in.

If he does, he wont like what I have to say this time.

after SB42, I could see it based on the team records going into the game. they pulled out a good one for their fans. I remember that feeling when the pats beat the rams, I just didn't know any rams fans

Being a Patriots fan you learn to grow thick skin. Face it: The NFL Front office hates our team, 31 other teams hate our team, 1500 something odd NFL players hate our team, and the fans of all those other teams and players hate our team.

God hates our team for beating Tebow.

Sounds like a teachable moment for you and your son.

See Brady quote in signature.

I have spent many years living in each of three different "big sports towns," Boston, New York and Philadelphia.

Fans everywhere run the gamut from "Classy, Knowledgeable and Intelligent" to "Cretinous, ignorant and stupid."

In my experience, most fan bases seem to have about the same profile along that spectrum. After living in NYC for over 20 years, I have to say that the Giants are better than most fan bases on the whole, while Jets and Mets fans tend to tilt towards the "Cretinous, ignorant and stupid" end of the spectrum.

But I'm afraid I've met or observed Pats fans who are just as embarrassing to their team as that moron was to his.

I just hope your child wasn't bothered by the experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey