PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This brings Jabba Wrecks' desperate shtick into sharp focus:

New Jets Stadium Seating Chart

Want to sit between the 40 yard lines (lower bowl) in the new stadium? It will cost you $30,000-$20,000 per seat. :eek: Sideline seats go for $20,000-$15,000 each. :eek: The cheapest lower-bowl seats are $4,000 each (end zone). :eek: Of course, these prices DO NOT include the cost of tickets. :eek: Unreal. If you want season tickets in the lower bowl you must buy a PSL. Green Beans fans who can't afford PSLs (which I figure should be about 95 percent of them) can buy tickets in the upper deck. How, on earth, are they going to fill that place? They'll probably end up having to sell the lower bowl as individual game tickets.

I'll bet they give Fireman Ed a price break. He can stand alone in the lower bowl and lead the J-E-T-S cheer for everyone else seated in the upper deck. During night games they can put a spotlight on him.

Last edited:
Did you see what the Mets charged thier season tickets for last year?

It was so bad that for awhile all I saw when watching a Mets game was executives in $300 suits in the front row.

First it was the rise to a 10% tax...now its gone out of control to live or be a fan in NY

Did you see what the Mets charged thier season tickets for last year?

It was so bad that for awhile all I saw when watching a Mets game was executives in $300 suits in the front row.

First it was the rise to a 10% tax...now its gone out of control to live or be a fan in NY

Honestly, I can't believe there are enough rich people who want to watch the Green Beans even on television! The chart indicates they've already dropped the per-game ticket price on some club seat PSLs (top ticket is $700/game). They have 15-year PSL installment payment plans, so Wrecks will likely be dead before they're paid off. Any Jester fans here have a clue on how things are going with this boondoggle?

Last edited:
Paying two cents for a PSL for any team is insane. That aside, this is truly ridiculous.

Wonder if we're going to start seeing blackouts of Jesters games starting next season...?

This brings Jabba Wrecks' desperate shtick into sharp focus:

New Jets Stadium Seating Chart

Want to sit between the 40 yard lines (lower bowl) in the new stadium? It will cost you $30,000-$20,000 per seat. :eek: Sideline seats go for $20,000-$15,000 each. :eek: The cheapest lower-bowl seats are $4,000 each (end zone). :eek: Of course, these prices DO NOT include the cost of tickets. :eek: Unreal. If you want season tickets in the lower bowl you must buy a PSL. Green Beans fans who can't afford PSLs (which I figure should be about 95 percent of them) can buy tickets in the upper deck. How, on earth, are they going to fill that place? They'll probably end up having to sell the lower bowl as individual game tickets.

I'll bet they give Fireman Ed a price break. He can stand alone in the lower bowl and lead the J-E-T-S cheer for everyone else seated in the upper deck. During night games they can put a spotlight on him.

It will be like Gillette, but potentially much worse. Corporations for the most part will be the ones purchasing the lower bowl seats and the the crowd will be the shirt and tie variety. That stadium could be really quiet during games since the shirt and tie crowd (as we see from the club seats at Gillette) seem to be more passionate for the concessions than what is going on playwise on the field. I have been in the club seat section during games and many times you would think the people were at a funeral they are so quiet and emotionless.

It will be like Gillette, but potentially much worse. Corporations for the most part will be the ones purchasing the lower bowl seats and the the crowd will be the shirt and tie variety. That stadium could be really quiet during games since the shirt and tie crowd (as we see from the club seats at Gillette) seem to be more passionate for the concessions than what is going on playwise on the field. I have been in the club seat section during games and many times you would think the people were at a funeral they are so quiet and emotionless.

Well that's no problem, they can just send that message to all the season ticket holders the week of the Pats game like they did this year, right? :eek:

Seriously folks, reading stuff like this almost makes me wish there were another league to root for. Not that I would ever give up on the Pats or the NFL, but come on... they are pricing the biggest portion of their fan base right out of the equation. The NFL is getting too big for its britches.

Maybe losing part or all of the 2011 season will pop the bubble some and we can get back to some semblance of sanity. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

I Googled PSL, since I am still not really clear on the whole thing. Here is one thing I found:

Q. What is the benefit of owning a PSL?
A. A PSL gives the owner more control over a seat than with a regular season ticket, which can only be transferred to a family member.

I am failing to see how that could possibly be benificial (to the fans). Why should I have to buy a liscence for "right" to buy a ticket, when I can just go to a different stadium and only buy a ticket? It's mind boggling why people haven't told the ownerships trying to implement these into thier new stadiums a resounding "NO".

I Googled PSL, since I am still not really clear on the whole thing. Here is one thing I found:

A. A PSL gives the owner more control over a seat than with a regular season ticket, which can only be transferred to a family member.

I am failing to see how that could possibly be benificial (to the fans). Why should I have to buy a liscence for "right" to buy a ticket, when I can just go to a different stadium and only buy a ticket? It's mind boggling why people haven't told the ownerships trying to implement these into thier new stadiums a resounding "NO".

A good topic on how dumb buying a PSL is...

Personal Seat Licence-Jets-PSL

PSLs basically give you ownership of the tickets for life once you've purchased them. It also allows you to gift them to someone other than a direct family member should you die. PSLs also give you right of first refusal for buying tickets..

While I agree with you that it's ridiculous, there have been cases where a person has willed their season tickets to someone only to have the team step in and take them away because the person wasn't a direct family member.

I have finally hit the wall financially, this year, and my chances of EVER going to Gillette are pretty well non-existent. It seems insane that in a recession, these idiots would be pushing PSL's for ticket holders.

Ah well... I still have my flat-screen, a warm house and an icebox for the beer. :rolleyes:

Actually, there ARE advantages to owning PSLs IF (and a very big "if"), the initial prices are reasonably sane.

(1). They appreciate in value over time, so if/when you want to unload them you can do so at a profit.

(2). They keep ticket prices comparatively low.

(3). You can do whatever you want with your tickets without repercussions from the team -- i.e., sell them on eBay, etc.

(4). As owner by contract, you are guaranteed the same seats for as long as you purchase season tickets.

I bought two sets of PSLs in the Ravens' stadium when it opened, with the idea that I might be moving to the Baltimore area. Even though I decided not to move there I held onto them and paid for the season tickets each year, selling them on eBay for more than face value. Last year I decided to unload both sets. One set was goal line sideline seats 15 rows from the field; I paid $3k for the pair and sold them for $10k. The other set was end zone corner 30 row up from the field (under cover); I paid $1,500 for the pair and sold them for $8k. The team has a listing service where they broker the sale and transfer for 5 percent of the selling price. So, I made out pretty good, but those PSL prices were nowhere near in the same ballpark as what New Jersey is trying to extort.

Last edited:
The flukish run by the Jets was the best thing that ever happend to Woody Johnson.

I know this is old news and I do give credit where credit is due, but the only quality win in their last 5 games was against the San Diego Chokers and Turner blew that one by not kicking off.

Actually their last 8 games.

Last edited:
Ok, so let me see if I understand. You buy a PSL for say Section 223 Row 24 Seats 5 and 6. I own the PSL's for those seats and once I buy the tickets I can sell them on stub hub, go to the game, raffle them off for a charity...whatever, correct?

Now, does this negate the whole "Waiting List" thing? I think I am using the wrong words, but I have read on here many times before of people who move up in the seats they get a chance to buy season tickets for. Example last year they were in the 300's and this year the Pats gave them a chance to move up and buy tix in the 200's of they want. Now if you have the PSL's for the 300 seats, do you have to sell the PSL's and then buy the PSL's for the 200 seats? Does the team put your 300's PSL money towards the 200's PSL you're going to buy?

Ok, so let me see if I understand. You buy a PSL for say Section 223 Row 24 Seats 5 and 6. I own the PSL's for those seats and once I buy the tickets I can sell them on stub hub, go to the game, raffle them off for a charity...whatever, correct?

Now, does this negate the whole "Waiting List" thing? I think I am using the wrong words, but I have read on here many times before of people who move up in the seats they get a chance to buy season tickets for. Example last year they were in the 300's and this year the Pats gave them a chance to move up and buy tix in the 200's of they want. Now if you have the PSL's for the 300 seats, do you have to sell the PSL's and then buy the PSL's for the 200 seats? Does the team put your 300's PSL money towards the 200's PSL you're going to buy?

The Patriots don't have PSLs. When they send you your season ticket invoice you can fill out a form requesting a seating upgrade. They try to accommodate upgrades if they can, but that means someone else must vacate the upgrade seats you want. In my 16 years as a season ticket holder I've been upgraded once (this past season).

The Patriots don't have PSLs. When they send you your season ticket invoice you can fill out a form requesting a seating upgrade. They try to accommodate upgrades if they can, but that means someone else must vacate the upgrade seats you want. In my 16 years as a season ticket holder I've been upgraded once (this past season).

I know they don't, I was just using them as the example since it is the only football stadium I have been to in he last 10 years.

Thanks for the info, though. I never really understood it before.

Actually, there ARE advantages to owning PSLs IF (and a very big "if"), the initial prices are reasonably sane.

(1). They appreciate in value over time, so if/when you want to unload them you can do so at a profit.

(2). They keep ticket prices comparatively low.

(3). You can do whatever you want with your tickets without repercussions from the team -- i.e., sell them on eBay, etc.

(4). As owner by contract, you are guaranteed the same seats for as long as you purchase season tickets.

I have to admit I didn't know about the first three. It never occurred to me you could re-sell a PSL - I thought you just paid it and then if you decided not to buy the tickets anymore, that was it. My view is probably skewed, though, by how the Packers paid for the renovation of their stadium - all the ticket holders were charged a flat fee per seat, and I thought that was the same as a PSL.

I was also under the impression that if you sold your tickets to someone and they did something to get thrown out of the stadium, you risked losing your season tickets... so you mean if you own the PSL, you can't lose them?

The second one I'm sure they can justify, but I don't agree with it.

I was also under the impression that if you sold your tickets to someone and they did something to get thrown out of the stadium, you risked losing your season tickets... so you mean if you own the PSL, you can't lose them?

My understanding is the only way you lose a PSL is by not purchasing your season tickets. I suppose egregious fan conduct violations would be handled on a case-by-case basis. Thing is, PSLs are expensive and both the team and seat owner sign a contract. Like I said, I openly sold my Ravens tickets on eBay, which I had the right to do as a PSL owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots