PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Green Bay going to Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesoslo

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
They can throw and score points and also stop the run. They might be the best in the west.

Re: OT:GreenBay going to superbowl?

They can throw and score points and also stop the run. They might be the best in the west.

They still have to play us at TX Stadium.

I too am impressed by their play, but the game at TX Stadium could decide the seedings.

And they still have to play the Lions twice(sure, they sucked today, but they're a good football team).

Blah. Last week they were behind KC in the 4th quarter. The week before that they took OT to beat Denver. As of now the Cowboys are the only team that would concern me at all in the SB.

As good as they've been, I just don't see it. I don't see them outplaying the Cowboys anytime soon.

But anyteam that can stop the run and score points is not a team to overconsider.

Green bay is only bad at running the ball, but defensively they can handle the cowboys and the rest of the NFC.

Dallas lost against us and buffalo, teams that can run the ball and control the clock.

There are 2 ways to beat dallas a great running game or a great passing game. Against Green bay even with a great running game(played the vikings x2) you still might not be able to run on them so you wont be able to set up the pass.

too early to tell....we nedd to be focus on one game at time...

The Packers seem like that 'overachieving-feel-good-team' of the year that quickly flames out in their first playoff game - like the '01 Bears or those mid-90s Chiefs teams who somehow earned the top AFC seed.

If you watch Favre's after-game PCs he is practically in disbelief that his team has the record it has. I doubt he stays sufficiently mistake-free against decent defenses (Dal, NYG) to make a sustained postseason run. I do like their front four on D though, very underrated.

But anyteam that can stop the run and score points is not a team to overconsider.
I don't think they will against good teams. Packers are pretenders. The Cowboys do concern me for real though.

It's certainly within the realm of possibility that Green Bay wins two straight games in January against good teams, or that New Orleans wins three straight.

But more likely than either of those possibilities is that the Cowboys come out of the NFC.

No chance.

The one thing we can predict with almost 100% certainty is Lord Favre throwing a ton of picks and losing them a playoff game.

The one thing we can predict with 100% certainty? The media will blame everyone but Favre when it happens.

At this point, I think Patrick Crayton is destined to drop a load in his pants in SB42 lining up across from the Pats D for shooting his mouth off after that game. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing a little payback on Favre and the Pack from the 97 SB!

Blah. Last week they were behind KC in the 4th quarter. The week before that they took OT to beat Denver. As of now the Cowboys are the only team that would concern me at all in the SB.
Seconded. Green Bay has lucked in to quite a few wins this year. They're nowhere near as good as their record.

The GB@Dal game on November 29th looks like it will be a big game when it comes to playoff seedings.

Too bad half the country won't see it. I'm glad I get NFLN, though.

I dont think the giants pass rush defense and dallas's run defense with a injured TO can match the packers right now. They can run and pass the ball and they have solid defense. Iam thinking a greenbay, new england patriots superbowl. The colts might sneak it in.

God I hope they don't make it. Two weeks of non-stop Lord Farve ball washing will make me want to kill myself.

I wouldnt mind the giants vs the patriots though, this way the pats can beat both manning brothers, go undefeated and become the first team to go 19-0.

Wow-surprised how everyone is quick to crown Green Bay.

Seattle just STINKS, period.

I may have to pull for the Cowboys tomorrow, because I don't see the Giants winning three road playoff games in a row.

the hawks beat the redskins with a mistake free qb in collins and sound coaching by gibbs, the redskins can score like the packers.

Favre won a superbowl before, romo and eli manning have not won one yet, the packers might be the best in NFC.

This topic was actually started more than two months ago, so it's not really based on the seattle game.

But hey - get it off your chest ;)

(and yes - they DO stink)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back