Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Great video of the 44 Presidents

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 22 / -19

2. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Mr we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again. That was pretty cool. Too bad who ever made it had to let dumb politics get in the way and use an awful photo of 43. Interesting to go from 22. Grover Cleveland - 23. Benjamin Harrison -24. Grover Cleveland. Which was one of the historical mistakes in Obama's speech. The oath had been taken 43 times before him but, not by 43 men. I'd like to see Chester Arthur get elected in the current photo op environment.

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 22 / -19

The photo of 43 looked fine. The artist probably was limited in his choice of photos to make the morphing work right (he'd have to consider resolution as well as angle and lighting). His photo of JFK wasn't the best one either. And going from Bush I to Clinton, Clinton looked hunched over, and the image of Reagan was certainly very flattering. I have no idea of the politics of the person who made the video, but I don't think the point of the video was in any way political. I do agree that Chester Arthur would have a hard time getting elected today, but it wouldn't surprise if in 20 years we elected a president with a single earring or a small visible tattoo.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  4. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Because Cleveland presided in non-consecutive terms, he is considered to have presided over two presidencies and thus is counted twice. Now, you may disagree with this reckoning, but Obama was going by this in declaring he was the 44th president (which, by the way, is how I hear it being reckoned by something like 98% of all the references). For you to sit there and try to convery Obama as a doofus for getting this "wrong" is completely stupid and obstinant on your part.

5. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

" Forty-four Americans have now taken the presidential oath." He is the 44th President but, Cleveland was not 2 men. Only 43 to date have taken the oath. As I say one of the historical inaccuracies in his speech. But, what can you expect from a guy who seriously said "57 states". :rolleyes: