PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good news! Ross announces Philbin will be back next year for fish!

Fish will suck again next year then

Do you guys really think Philbin isn't doing good work there? This isn't exactly Rex Ryan or Chan Gailey. The Dolphins made the right decision.

Do you guys really think Philbin isn't doing good work there? This isn't exactly Rex Ryan or Chan Gailey. The Dolphins made the right decision.

I agree that they made the right decision.....

For the Patriots.

Awful decision.

Backing up the Brinks Truck (again) for Harbaugh is the right decision. Give SF what it wants for the guy.

Awful decision.

Backing up the Brinks Truck (again) for Harbaugh is the right decision. Give SF what it wants for the guy.

Go to the fins forum...most seem like they are 100% done with this team..some saying not renewing season tix ect..they are pissed!

ross probably called harbaugh and harbaugh probably said 'i ain't gonna play bb/brady twice a year. adios.'

Seems like something you would think about after the season, very odd to make this announcement after getting eliminated from the playoffs.

Is Philbin better than Doug Marrone?

Seems like something you would think about after the season, very odd to make this announcement after getting eliminated from the playoffs.

that;s what i mean..ross is a moron

I love having another coach who is ridiculously bad at game management

968full-regis-philbin.jpg

Have you seen his time managemnt/game management skills?

I guess people are saying he doesn't respect the clock. I thought he handled tha aftermath of the Incognito situation well, but i don't exactly follow the lolphins when they aren't playing us.

Philbin just beat us 2x in a row, and made wildcard runs both seasons in 2013 and 2014. Call me old fashioned, but I don't see how 8-8 or 9-7 records should be placing coaches on the hot seat, especially when they beat the division winner both years and have developed a winning QB in Tannehill. It's not like he took over a program that was in great shape. One could argue that they are building upon something. Only time will tell.

One more year of .500 ball and the decision to can him would be justified, but it looks like they'll wait until next year to make that determination.

One would have to assume that they likely gave Harbaugh's agent a call. He may be nothing close to a real possibility, so it's hard for me to criticize them for failing to hire a hypothetical fantasy choice at HC. Waiting another year may give them the opportunity to see if Philbin takes a step forward, and/or if another better candidate makes himself available.

Then again, I probably wouldn't fire Rex Ryan--so I must be a softie :)

If I'm the Jets owner, my top priority would be to get a real quarterback and some actual talent first. I'm just not 100 percent convinced that everything is exactly Rex Ryan's fault. I think he's capable enough of keeping the team competitive and that it's more of a personnel problem.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back