PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Good Luck To Everyone During the Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. As for you, that definitely sucks, sorry to hear that. I did this years ago and it went away but this is the first time it's happened where it's really hurt this bad. The good news is it's definitely a little better than last night so I'm hoping by tomorrow it comes around. It's basically right at the center of my lower back. Took 3 Advil and it didn't make much of a difference so I'm just forcing myself to take it easy today and have no intention of going anywhere. We'll see how it goes.

That's bad, Ian -- I'm really sorry for you. Your wife's right, though -- if it's happened this time it can happen easily enough again. But, happily, there's a lot you can do. In the end, the obvious stuff is true. What matters is the muscles: the skeleton comes second. If you've got your muscles strong and flexible (the two don't always go together) you'll be OK. And the other thing is to warm up and -- most important -- warm down. I still remember one incredibly painful back muscle pull I got when I played a game of squash and then stepped into a car for a trip. Surprise, eh? So, if you come in from exercise, get changed (wet clothing will cool you down too fast) and make sure you do a bit of stretching. Best of all, have a hot bath. But, in the meantime, get better soon!

That's bad, Ian -- I'm really sorry for you. Your wife's right, though -- if it's happened this time it can happen easily enough again. But, happily, there's a lot you can do. In the end, the obvious stuff is true. What matters is the muscles: the skeleton comes second. If you've got your muscles strong and flexible (the two don't always go together) you'll be OK. And the other thing is to warm up and -- most important -- warm down. I still remember one incredibly painful back muscle pull I got when I played a game of squash and then stepped into a car for a trip. Surprise, eh? So, if you come in from exercise, get changed (wet clothing will cool you down too fast) and make sure you do a bit of stretching. Best of all, have a hot bath. But, in the meantime, get better soon!

Meh, I'll be fine. LOL, I love my wife - as I said she was just laughing at me earlier while I hobbled across the kitchen with my hand on my lower back slightly hunched over to grab more coffee and said, "so this is you in 30yrs?" Made me laugh :)

Last night I couldn't bend over or move easily up and down the stairs, whereas today I can move around and it only hurts if I move a certain way - so it's already better in that sense. I'm sure by tomorrow I'll be fine. I'm off from work until Tuesday so I've got time to recover ;)

Last edited:
Teenager showed up at 8 with two buddies and a snowblower they didn't know how to operate remotely efficiently...but insisted on keeping on trying to. Finally his dad showed up and offered to backplow out the driveway to help them manage. 3 hours, bought them lunch once my car was out' cause I had to stay out as there was nowhere to park. Got the other two cars cleared and wouldn't you know it, the one behind the other had a dead battery... AAA just left. Cleaned up the mess the kids left at the tail end as they ran out of gas... No energy left to move that car now. Going to sunroom to nap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes