PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Good for Jason Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/12/27/bc.fbn.taylor.merriman.ap/index.html

"You really shouldn't be able to fail a test like that and play in this league, to begin with," Taylor said Wednesday. "To make the Pro Bowl and all the other awards, I think you're walking a fine line of sending the wrong message."

"A performance-enhancing drug is, obviously, what it is," Taylor said. "You enhance your performance by doing that. You fail that test, I think it's not right, it's against the rules and ultimately I think it's sending the wrong message to the youth in America and the people who look at this game not only as entertainment but also to learn lessons from it."

I hate the fins, but respect taylor's ability. I think he is right on.

Years ago I used to call Taylor "The Punk". I was wrong in my thinking (yeah, I know for the 1,000th tiime). He's a game strategy changing player. We'd love him and Zack on the Pats.

Taylor is too small to fit in this system. :p However what he says in this case is correct. People who use performance enhancing drugs should be disqualified from consideration for major sports awards.

I'd love to have him in a Pat's uni. He is probably gonna win defensive player of the year.

I'm in the minority,I respect Taylor but have little problem with players doing what they do to get an edge.
The NFL is a hypicrite in my opinion,They want to ban (performance enhancing drugs)but the NFL has in part been made by he shear size of their
athletes.(makes them larger than life)
The NFL would hate to go back to 250 pound lineman.
Players make there choices,and pay the consequences later in life.
We as a society have been taught get an edge,and now were saying (not that edge).
That edge is not PC.
Must be a mindfield for pro athletes.
Babe Ruth wouldn't make it in today's world,He wouldn't even be PC.

Taylor is too small to fit in this system. :p However what he says in this case is correct. People who use performance enhancing drugs should be disqualified from consideration for major sports awards.

hes not small for 3-4 OLB..dont Dolphins run 3-4?

Small?

Tedy Bruschi is small!

You guys got it all wrong. Ellis Hobbs is small!! By the way, I think Taylor has the quickness to make a great OLB in our defense. Then again it will never happen so it's pretty much pointless.

Taylor deserves it, Merriman should not even be a consideration.. he cheated, pure and simple.. should not even be on the ballot.

I liked reading that, too. I wonder how it goes down among the Dolphins players, some of whom undoubtedly have joined Merriman in the use of such supplements? (Not that Taylor should care)

You guys got it all wrong. Ellis Hobbs is small!! By the way, I think Taylor has the quickness to make a great OLB in our defense. Then again it will never happen so it's pretty much pointless.

If the Patriots got Taylor, I think I'd much rather switch to a 4-3 (Warren-Wilfork-Seymour-Taylor) than put him out of position.

For some reason, I thought taylor was a free agent this year. Anyone know?

I'm in the minority,I respect Taylor but have little problem with players doing what they do to get an edge.
The NFL is a hypicrite in my opinion,They want to ban (performance enhancing drugs)but the NFL has in part been made by he shear size of their
athletes.(makes them larger than life)
The NFL would hate to go back to 250 pound lineman.
Players make there choices,and pay the consequences later in life.

Not always. Almost 20 yrs ago my brother-in-law played ORT for the Bills at 295 LBS and a 38 inch waist. No drugs. There are plenty of large people in our population.

The consequences of playing football even without possibly harmful drugs are bad enough.

I just got pics from a neighbor of ex-Patriot Larry Eisenhauer a DE from the 60s. He's 65 and enjoying himself on a luxury cruise. Does show some problems walking (and no, it's not from the drinking) because of having played.

Taylor is right. If I voted, steroid freaks would get no votes in the year they tested positive. I know many of them do it and don't get caught, but at least the NFL makes some attempt to weed them out.

If the Patriots got Taylor, I think I'd much rather switch to a 4-3 (Warren-Wilfork-Seymour-Taylor) than put him out of position.

I don't know if he would be out of position or not. Vrabel was a DE at one time too as was McGinest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes