Not open for further replies.

Sicilian

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I really didn't know which forum was best to post it in.

With all the talk about the upcoming draft, free agency, etc, I've gotten the itch to play a football video game. I used to like the Madden series, but it's become ridiculous over the years (I have to play as a prospect in order to scout him?) and since they don't make it on PC anymore I can't even buy it.

Does anyone know of a good, fairly accurate football sim I can try? I tried Football Mogul 2007, but stopped as soon as I realized I could trade an O-Lineman (in the 90's granted, but still) for five first round picks, 3 second rounders, and a fourth or fifth I think. I was hoping for a little more realism than that :p

P.S. Mods, please move this to where it should be if this is not the place. Thank you!

Last edited:
Re: OT: Good football sim?

Sadly, no such thing exists, to my knowledge. Play Super Tecmo Bowl.

goallineblitz.com

It's free and you play against other people.

Last edited:

Head Coach 09? Although still made by EA, that focuses alot more detail on that side of the game as opposed to only touching on it in Madden. Not played it but I guess it's worth a try....

Last edited:

Head Coach 09? Although still made by EA, that focuses alot more detail on that side of the game as opposed to only touching on it in Madden. Not played it but I guess it's worth a try....

I tried the original head coach and found it to be cumbersome, but I'm sure they've made improvements over the last few years. Don't think they make it for PC though, unfortunately.

Maverick and PugBrady, thank you. I'll give both of those a try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down