PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Golden State Warriors Sputtering Toward the End

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what way am I a troll? And also at what point did I talk bad about Brady? I own 3 different brady jerseys and hes been my favorite athlete since I was in elementary school lol

I literally just said it was a matter of perspective. Most people hate Brady for those preconceived notions even though we know better, and I kinda think Lebron gets some of the same bad rep when its also ungrounded.

I was obviously going to an extreme example to make a point and theres no such thing as a perfect comparison, but to say Lebron and Brady don't get similar treatment from haters and to write me off as a troll is just laughable. It's called being able to look at things objectively

If anything I'm saying they BOTH deserve more respect than they get. Yes Lebron has done some stupid stuff PR wise, but I also think hes a likeable guy in many ways and is certainly not a bad role model for kids to have

I sure hope that you didn't advocate Clubbing Baby Seals at some point in your post, because I stopped reading and went with "Winner" at "First off, Phuck YOU for comparing James to Brady!!" :eek:
I restrained myself from really going off. Not sure how long I can though.

That's my quarterback.
terrell_owens_crying.jpg

Last edited:
In what way am I a troll? And also at what point did I talk bad about Brady?
In the most obvious way possible.

You compared him to LeBron James and not even LeBron the athlete you compared him to the diva side of LeBron.

trolling-back-in-the-day-meme-35630703-421-500.jpg

I await your non-response.

You made no points. You tossed in this idiotic dig. And you apparently don't know what "spoiled" means.

Note the applicable definition of "spoiled":

(transitive) to weaken the character of (a child) by complying unrestrainedly with its desires

the definition of spoiled

to give (someone, such as a child) everything that he or she wants : to have a bad effect on (someone) by allowing too many things or by not correcting bad behavior

Definition of SPOILED

Not your best post.

In what way am I a troll? And also at what point did I talk bad about Brady? I own 3 different brady jerseys and hes been my favorite athlete since I was in elementary school lol

I literally just said it was a matter of perspective. Most people hate Brady for those preconceived notions even though we know better, and I kinda think Lebron gets some of the same bad rep when its also ungrounded.

I was obviously going to an extreme example to make a point and theres no such thing as a perfect comparison, but to say Lebron and Brady don't get similar treatment from haters and to write me off as a troll is just laughable. It's called being able to look at things objectively

If anything I'm saying they BOTH deserve more respect than they get. Yes Lebron has done some stupid stuff PR wise, but I also think hes a likeable guy in many ways and is certainly not a bad role model for kids to have

Saying TB was perceived as a whiny cheater outside of NE is reasonable. Ive heard that from the unintelligent and uninformed as well.

Saying TB was like Diva LeBron was over-the-top absurd.

KG wasn't despised until later in his career. He was a very likeable player in MN and early on here. Implying otherwise really demonstrates that you didn't understand his career well.

I was obviously going to an extreme example to make a point and theres no such thing as a Saying TB was perceived as a whiny cheater outside of NE is reasonable. Ive heard that from the unintelligent and uninformed as well.

Saying TB was like Diva LeBron was over-the-top absurd.

KG wasn't despised until later in his career. He was a very likeable player in MN and early on here. Implying otherwise really demonstrates that you didn't understand his career well.
KG was a goofball at first that become douchier as his career went on, but I loved him anyway cause he was a Celtic and I would have a similar personality if I were a star athlete i think

And this is where I am getting mirepresented. i never compared Brady to Lebron as people nor did I say Brady was a diva, I said the OUTSIDE PERCEPTION was such. People can make an argument for diva Brady just as easily as divaLebron if they want and many do, but I never once said I agreed with it or that it was a fact.

I simply meant to say we all root for a guy that gets unfair stigmas attatched to him which we know are false, so I don't judge a guy like Lebron harshly cause I know he's been subjected to similar stuff.

In the most obvious way possible.

You compared him to LeBron James and not even LeBron the athlete you compared him to the diva side of LeBron.

trolling-back-in-the-day-meme-35630703-421-500.jpg
Read my post above this one, hopefully that clarifies things a bit.

KG was a goofball at first that become douchier as his career went on, but I loved him anyway cause he was a Celtic and I would have a similar personality if I were a star athlete i think

Who said he was douchier? Carmelo? Dwight Howard? Spare me....

KG was a badass. He still played a physical, highly-competitive, annoying kind of game when the NBA kids wanted to play soft and call their own fouls. He grew up with the Pistons/Bulls era hoops and he played like it. Todays NBA didn't like it and coaches and players got all pissy.

And this is where I am getting mirepresented. i never compared Brady to Lebron as people nor did I say Brady was a diva, I said the OUTSIDE PERCEPTION was such. People can make an argument for diva Brady just as easily as divaLebron if they want and many do, but I never once said I agreed with it or that it was a fact.

I simply meant to say we all root for a guy that gets unfair stigmas attatched to him which we know are false, so I don't judge a guy like Lebron harshly cause I know he's been subjected to similar stuff.

There is outside perception and there is reality...

Has Brady ever unfollowed his team's Twitter account when things were going badly? No

Has Brady skipped intros because he was afraid of being booed? No

Has Brady ever proactively staged a news conference announcing good news about him? No

Has Brady every taken his uniform off after a bad playoff game in protest of how his team did not help him? No

Has Brady ever told fans to get a life? No.

The issue posters have with you is that you are saying LeBron is unfairly guilty of being a diva when he actually is.

You can argue all you want that Brady is a whiny, cheating diva when the fact is there is nothing to support it.

Last edited:
Who said he was douchier? Carmelo? Dwight Howard? Spare me....

KG was a badass. He still played a physical, highly-competitive, annoying kind of game when the NBA kids wanted to play soft and call their own fouls. He grew up with the Pistons/Bulls era hoops and he played like it. Todays NBA didn't like it and coaches and players got all pissy.

There is outside perception and there is reality...

Has Brady ever unfollowed his team's Twitter account when things were going badly? No

Has Brady ever held a news conference announcing something that was about him? No

Has Brady every taken his uniform off after a bad playoff game in protest of how his team did not help him? No

Has Brady ever told fans to get a life? No.

The issue posters have with you is that you are saying LeBron is unfairly guilty of being a diva when he actually is.

You can argue all you want that Brady is a whiny, cheating diva when the fact is there is nothing to support it.
Those are all fair points. I have no problem acknowledging when someone makes a good point, which is why I don't understand the troll accusations. That really irked me lol i just don't think some of those things are as big a deal as others do apparently

I think a lot of people do see Brady as a diva, a few examples being still crying over being a 6th round pick ten years later in the Brady 6 documentary, the time Bill O'Brien had to scream at him in washington cause he refused to take blame for his own mistake in that game on the INT, etc

Let me be crystal clear here, I DO NOT VIEW BRADY AS A DIVA. But don't say theres no evidence to support it cause there is if you actually look for it. Haters can absolutely point to examples if they so choose.

Of the two, however, I agree you can make an argument a lot more easily probably for a Lebron as a diva than Brady. You made some good points of things Lebron has done that Brady hasn't or wouldn't and I have no problem admitting that

I guess I should clarify that I respect Lebron's talent enough that I don't let his diva quirk bother me, it's not that he is wthout flaw. But yeah I guess I do get why people are rubbed the wrong way by Lebron at times

Those are all fair points. I have no problem acknowledging when someone makes a good point, which is why I don't understand the troll accusations. That really irked me lol i just don't think some of those things are as big a deal as others do apparently

First of all you cannot bash Brady on this board and not expect to be eviscerated. Just or unjust.

You could have phrased things a little differently to prevent the onslaught.

I think a lot of people do see Brady as a diva, a few examples being still crying over being a 6th round pick ten years later in the Brady 6 documentary,

Sigh.....I've heard that too. My response to those morons is remember how you felt when you wanted a job so bad and you needed to wait for hours to get the news and learn in the process that 6 people were picked for the job ahead of you. That shuts them up.

the time Bill O'Brien had to scream at him in washington cause he refused to take blame for his own mistake in that game on the INT, etc

BOB was right. Tom totally threw Tiquan under the bus. On a 1-10 on the diva scale that might be a 1.4.

Let me be crystal clear here, I DO NOT VIEW BRADY AS A DIVA. But don't say theres no evidence to support it cause there is if you actually look for it.

If you want to believe something and willing to look long and hard enough you'll find evidence for anything.

Of the two, however, I agree you can make an argument a lot more easily probably for a Lebron as a diva than Brady. You made some good points of things Lebron has done that Brady hasn't or wouldn't and I have no problem admitting that

Probably? Clearly I'm not getting through to you and you will continue to get killed on this board.

You need to give up the diva/Brady thing. There is nothing hard to support it. Only perceptions. If you want to argue that perception is reality that is fine but it's not accurate.

I think a lot of people do see Brady as a diva, a few examples being still crying over being a 6th round pick ten years later in the Brady 6 documentary, the time Bill O'Brien had to scream at him in washington cause he refused to take blame for his own mistake in that game on the INT, etc

Let me be crystal clear here, I DO NOT VIEW BRADY AS A DIVA. But don't say theres no evidence to support it cause there is if you actually look for it. Haters can absolutely point to examples if they so choose.

I guess I should clarify that I respect Lebron's talent enough that I don't let his diva quirk bother me, it's not that he is wthout flaw. But yeah I guess I do get why people are rubbed the wrong way by Lebron at times
You claim you can make a case but your two examples are just wrong as you continue to troll.

He still feels slighted over being selected so low. Being emotional does not make one a diva.

You have no clue what O'Brien and Brady were arguing over. So to assume Brady was being a diva for that is likely wrong and unknown at best.

If your mad about being called a troll maybe just drop your awful comparison and move on. Your doubling down just proves your motives.

You claim you can make a case but your two examples are just wrong as you continue to troll.

He still feels slighted over being selected so low. Being emotional does not make one a diva.

You have no clue what O'Brien and Brady were arguing over. So to assume Brady was being a diva for that is likely wrong and unknown at best.

If your mad about being called a troll maybe just drop your awful comparison and move on. Your doubling down just proves your motives.
I don't think you understand what a troll is my friend. Playing devils advocate for the sake of attempting to bring objectivity to a situation isn't trolling. Coming on this board and saying "Brady sucks, hes a whiny diva, F**K the pats" is trolling.

do the people opposing me actually think I believe things about brady being a cheater or a diva? Cause i dont know how much more i can say to clarify that I'm just trying to state how other people might feel. These dont reflect my personal beliefs or comparisons between the two men

First of all you cannot bash Brady on this board and not expect to be eviscerated. Just or unjust.

You could have phrased things a little differently to prevent the onslaught.

Sigh.....I've heard that too. My response to those morons is remember how you felt when you wanted a job so bad and you needed to wait for hours to get the news and learn in the process that 6 people were picked for the job ahead of you. That shuts them up.

BOB was right. Tom totally threw Tiquan under the bus. On a 1-10 on the diva scale that might be a 1.4.

If you want to believe something and willing to look long and hard enough you'll find evidence for anything.

Probably? Clearly I'm not getting through to you and you will continue to get killed on this board.

You need to give up the diva/Brady thing. There is nothing hard to support it. Only perceptions. If you want to argue that perception is reality that is fine but it's not accurate.

I gave you credit for making good points, thats like the definition you of getting through to me. And i only used probably cause I've never personally tried to make an argument for Lebron being a diva, but feel free to take that word out if it makes it better. It's not that big of a deal to me either way lol

And again, for the one millionth time never once bashed Brady. Idk why people keep accusing me of that. You said yourself youve heard others say the same things im claiming but no ones misrepresenting those things as being your personal feelings the way they are toward me.

I don't think you understand what a troll is my friend. Playing devils advocate for the sake of attempting to bring objectivity to a situation isn't trolling. Coming on this board and saying "Brady sucks, hes a whiny diva, F**K the pats" is trolling.

do the people opposing me actually think I believe things about brady being a cheater or a diva? Cause i dont know how much more i can say to clarify that I'm just trying to state how other people might feel. These dont reflect my personal beliefs or comparisons between the two men
If it makes you feel better your not trolling. Your just trying to make a stupid/inaccurate point that you obviously know is going to annoy the members of this board. On second thought I don't care if makes you feel better because this is still obvious trolling.

I gave you credit for making good points, thats like the definition you of getting through to me. And i only used probably cause I've never personally tried to make an argument for Lebron being a diva, but feel free to take that word out if it makes it better. It's not that big of a deal to me either way lol

And again, for the one millionth time never once bashed Brady. Idk why people keep accusing me of that. You said yourself youve heard others say the same things im claiming but no ones misrepresenting those things as being your personal feelings the way they are toward me.

I will help you because I am a nice guy.

A poster said LeBron was a prima donna diva and whiny and you asked why that poster rooted for Tom Brady (as to imply that YOU think he is). To your defense, you framed it as a perception issue. The problem is that you didn't encapsulate that important caveat in the same post and you are now perceived as being a troll.

You are off the hook with me but not with others.

If it makes you feel better your not trolling. Your just trying to make a stupid/inaccurate point that you obviously know is going to annoy the members of this board. On second thought I don't care if makes you feel better because this is still obvious trolling.
I think you need to channel this energy and anger in to fighting off the real trolls and haters and not accusing fellow Pats fans of being trolls for stating the perceptions of haters. Brady is MY quarterback too man, as well as almost everyone else on this board's quarterback.

Say what you want about my original point, it doesn't hold up as well as I had originally thought and I've admitted that already. My main point still is that I agree with everyone else that Brady gets a bad rep unjustly, it just comes down to me not having an issue with Lebron the way others do. i can't help but respect his talent.

But some solid points have been made in regards to some high profile things Lebron has done to irk people and I totally get it, I'm willing to let bygones by bygones and accept why people don't like him

I will help you because I am a nice guy.

A poster said LeBron was a prima donna diva and whiny and you asked why that poster rooted for Tom Brady (as to imply that YOU think he is). To your defense, you framed it as a perception issue. The problem is that you didn't encapsulate that important caveat in the same post and you are now perceived as being a troll.

You are off the hook with me but not with others.
Thank you sir, you are right in that it could have been encapsulated better but I am glad you see that I wasn't actually saying I think those things about Tommy.

I love my QB and wouldnt trade him for anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing