PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Going to the Raiders Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are going to the game with children, don't even think about wearing your Pats gear in the upper bowl or the black hole. I have seen some outrageous stuff over there including a porto potty being tipped over while a Broncos fan was inside last year.

I will look forward to hearing some stories after the game from all of us that went. I will be wearing a discrete Pat Patriot hat but no jersey because I don't like how it feels to have AA batteries thrown at my head.

you should be fine as long as you bite your pride and don't run your mouth.

I live out west and a friend has tickets to the Pats @Raiders. I know little about Oakland and have no first hand knowledge about "Raider Games".

I know how to keep cool and get along, I'm just looking to get some thoughts and opinions. I plan on posting about the trip when I get back. I haven't gone to I Patriot game in years, so this is going to be a blast.

Where are you sitting? I as in the upper deck vs. Carolina and found most of the fans very friendly and engaging. I had mostly Raider fans around me...but a family from Carolina who nobody bothered.

As for the game, I wouldn't wear Pats gear. I've never been to a Raiders game though, and most Raiders fans I knew were essentially cool with you if you're cool with them. But tens of thousands of them in a stadium and their team sucks? I wouldn't chance it.

Wear whatever you want just don't be an ass. I've been to a few Raider games with friends who wear Pats, Chiefs, and Broncos jerseys and there has never been a problem. I lived in NoCal for 7 years...that crowd isn't that intense at all.

Most of all that hype is just that...hype.

Half the idiots in the black hole are guys who live in their parents' house and have nothing else to do on Sundays. Just don't be a douche and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Where are you sitting? I as in the upper deck vs. Carolina and found most of the fans very friendly and engaging. I had mostly Raider fans around me...but a family from Carolina who nobody bothered.

I was in the upper deck behind the east endzone for the Carolina game. That game was very mellow from what I can remember, but I can't really judge because we were tailgating all morning.

Actually, you can park at the BART station free, which we do for A's - Red Sox games all the time. Probably need to get there early because of the larger crowds for football games though. It's just a 10 minute walk from the BART parking lot to the Mauseleum. A's fans are really laid back, but I guess that doesn't apply to Raider fans. Have a good time to all going. Go Pats!

They charge for parking at the BART station on game days. That changed a couple of years ago.

Look for about 40 Pats fans in section 148 (Pats sideline, lower level near the end zone to the left if you are facing the field) and see this thread for info about our off-site tailgate party.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...roll-call-oakland-12-14-08-a.html#post1201491

Think Robert and Jonathon Kraft might come out again? I can't say...
Fans in the lower level are more civilized. The cheap seats at Mount Davis sections 335-355 are where the rowdier fans are at. I've been to a few Raider games wearing the Pats throwback cap and shirt. Hardly anyone recognized the old logo!

They charge for parking at the BART station on game days. That changed a couple of years ago.
Oh, but just for Raiders' games? Was there for some Sox games this year and there was no charge.

I'll also be at the Raiders game. I WILL be wearing my Tom Brady jersey. My brother was able to get CLUB seats. Don't know how. Don't care. But he is da bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes