PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Going Crazy in Cheeseland

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIPatriots

Rookie
Reaction score
Fans,

There is nothing in the most frigid, icy hell like living in Wisconsin during the "Year of the Holy Favre!" They worship this man like no other deity. I swear, whatever man love you have for Brady is but a mole hill compared to devotion these people have for Favre. Half the kindergarteners in my town are called Brett, be they boys or girls.

This season is hard to bear for a Patriots fan. The radio shows are clogged with callers saying that the Holy Father should be this years NFL MVP because "he is more important to his team than anyone else." (Gag!) Since the Packers are not scheduled to play the elite teams in the AFC, the Packer faithful have donned their "ghost shirts" to say that they are the only NFL team that can beat the Patriots or Indy in the Super Bowl eventhough any one with any common sense can see that GB with all its youth is probably the one team the Pats would love to see in the SB.

Like BB, I just smile and nod, tell them that they have a great team. Yet, inside, I am exploding because I've seen them play and I know that just about any team in the NFC Playoffs could come to Lambeau and beat them.
They have had a wonderful ride, no doubt, and Favre has played well and in control, but I am getting sick of all the slobber. To me, they are just another version of the 2006 Bears, another NFC team that rises to top of the NFC urine foam.

Worst of all, I am married to Wisconsin native (family has season tickets) who has joined the "Hate" bandwagon ("Cheaters" "Lucky Pats" "Gonna Lose") and there is nothing in the world I want more than to have the Patriots get to the Super Bowl and BEAT THE TAR out of the Packers. (I need revenge for the last Super Bowl loss to the Pack.) I want this in the worst way, but I know this is not healthy.

Somebody reassure me that the Patriots will get to the big game. And if so, reassure me that the Packers will not get there or else my marriage is going down the NFC...er, I mean toilet.

Please!!! Please, I beg you. I am going nuts here.

Trust me, everyone outside of Wisconsin knows and accepts who this year’s true MVP is.

Even ESPN at this point, and that’s saying a lot this season.

As for the Packers making the Super Bowl, I honestly feel any team in the NFC playoffs has a chance. The Vikings are one of the hottest teams in the NFL yet will be going in as a 6th seed.

Though the Cowboys clearly remain atop of the NFC still and it’d be tough for the Packers to beat them in Dallas.

Rest assured, the NFC Champion will just be the piece of meat thrown into the lion's den come Super Bowl Sunday.

Last edited:
A Vikings/ Cowboys divisional playoff game rematch would be pretty interesting.

I think the Cowboys will have a meltdown the likes of which have never been seen before (ummm... except for last season and the Chargers). They've gotten a lot of lucky bounces and are undisciplined. We'll see if my prediction proves to be true, but not only would I not be surprised to see the Vikings beat the Cowboys in Dallas, I fully expect something like that to happen.

Unfortunately for the OP (who I feel, my father is a Packers fan), I think a healthy Packers team has as good a chance to get to the Super Bowl as any NFC team. Luckily for us they would have to play the Patriots (hopefully).

Last edited:
"Looks" like GB will play either NYG or Seattle at home in the first game. Both teams could beat them. The Vikings will have to go through Dallas to get to the SB (assuming they make the playoffs.)

I peg Green Bay as 30% likely to get to the SB. I peg the Pats as 70%. What's that, a 1/5 chance of meeting?

That sound about right?

Trust me, everyone outside of Wisconsin knows and accepts who this year’s true MVP is.

Even ESPN at this point, and that’s saying a lot this season.

As for the Packers making the Super Bowl, I honestly feel any team in the NFC playoffs has a chance. The Vikings are one of the hottest teams in the NFL yet will be going in as a 6th seed.

Though the Cowboys clearly remain atop of the NFC still and it’d be tough for the Packers to beat them in Dallas.

Rest assured, the NFC Champion will just be the piece of meat thrown into the lion's den come Super Bowl Sunday.

The Packers are the same: Lucky bounces.

But there is something about Romo that seems to keep the Cowboys playing beyond themselves. Favre has done the same this year, except in the biggest game of the season against the Cowboys.

My worry with the Vikings is that the QB has little experience and he does not appear to be a young phenom like early Marino or Brady. I would not be shocked to see the Vikings lose next week vs. the Lions. If they win in a blowout, then I can see them building momentum like the Steelers did when they won the SB a few years back.

A Vikings/ Cowboys divisional playoff game rematch would be pretty interesting.

I think the Cowboys will have a meltdown the likes of which have never been seen before (ummm... except for last season and the Chargers). They've gotten a lot of lucky bounces and are undisciplined. We'll see if my prediction proves to be true, but not only would I not be surprised to see the Vikings beat the Cowboys in Dallas, I fully expect something like that to happen.

Unfortunately for the OP (who I feel, my father is a Packers fan), I think a healthy Packers team has as good a chance to get to the Super Bowl as any NFC team. Luckily for us they would have to play the Patriots (hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back