PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Giants vs Jets Preseason game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT; Giants vs Jets Preseaspm game thread

he has that ability to fire up his teammates.
Is the fire sustainable with him dumping 5/14 water on it every week?

John Elway voted on the matter. That's all I gotta see.

In his defense, it was an across the body throw that was downfield, and his WR didn't come back to him when he began scrambling.
You're entitling him and embarrassingly apologizing for him and his performance. There is not one NFL starting QB, left-handed, right-handed, abidextrous or tossing passes with his genitalia who would have thrown that ball as he did. I get it, he's a nice man (not a kid any longer) who could be a successful NFL player, perhaps, at a number of positions. QB isn't one of them. I honestly believe there are at least 31 back-up QBs in the NFL who are better than he is. Those who continue to carry his water have to be doing so because they believe 1) he's a "good boy" 2) a good Christian and 3) he's not one of those "other NFL thugs" who embarrass the league. For God's sake, please make it stop. It's freakin' ridiculous and everyone who looks at the situation objectively has to know this.

RE: Mangini Jets .... 7-7 with 2 games against teams that didn't try isn't exactly a FORCE.
Agreed, but they did sport a very nice defense (thanks to Eric) that took them to the championship the next year too. So I don't credit Rex so much for that little run.

I credit Rex for destroying the focus of the team and creating this circus of bragadoccio and bull****. Maybe Rex got screwed on the groceries but there is a lot of damage with his stamp on it.

You're entitling him and embarrassingly apologizing for him and his performance.

I'm doing no such thing.

There is not one NFL starting QB, left-handed, right-handed, abidextrous or tossing passes with his genitalia who would have thrown that ball as he did.

It's been done before, by other NFL starting QBs. Hell, Brady's made far worse passes. Ask the Dolphins.

I get it, he's a nice man (not a kid any longer) who could be a successful NFL player, perhaps, at a number of positions. QB isn't one of them. I honestly believe there are at least 31 back-up QBs in the NFL who are better than he is. Those who continue to carry his water have to be doing so because they believe 1) he's a "good boy" 2) a good Christian and 3) he's not one of those "other NFL thugs" who embarrass the league. For God's sake, please make it stop. It's freakin' ridiculous and everyone who looks at the situation objectively has to know this.

Yeah, I really don't care to discuss your, or my, opinion of Tebow, since it has nothing to do with my posts in this thread. I wasn't excusing Tebow. I was noting that he was trying to make a difficult throw and was not the only one who needed to do better on that play, but that the WR needed to come back to help out.

Last edited:

I get it, he's a nice man
You heard it here first: Maybe he's not a nice man. The well practiced public persona is there but who is he behind closed doors when somebody pisses him off?

There is no excuse for Tebow missing the potential Td pass. Any high school QB would have completed that one. All he had to do was throw the ball ~ 30 yrds.

Oops..........

Last edited:
Agreed, but they did sport a very nice defense (thanks to Eric) that took them to the championship the next year too. So I don't credit Rex so much for that little run.

I credit Rex for destroying the focus of the team and creating this circus of bragadoccio and bull****. Maybe Rex got screwed on the groceries but there is a lot of damage with his stamp on it.

He has done a good job coaching the defense. He definitely got more out of mostly the same players than Manigini did.
But I also agree he has done a terrible job of leading them as a football team, and they are certainly moving in the wrong direction.

You heard it here first: Maybe he's not a nice man. The well practiced public persona is there but who is he behind closed doors when somebody pisses him off?
Not the first I've heard it from, by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back