Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Getting to Foxboro from Boston

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Tucker, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucker

Tucker Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Without renting a car, is there any way of getting to Foxboro from Boston aside from getting a cab? I'm flying into Logan on Friday night, arriving Saturday morning. I'd like to hang out in Boston for a while on Sat and then getting a room in Foxboro Saturday night. Basically I want to be able to hang out at the stadium more than what taking the T in from Boston allows.

Any public transportation options other than getting a cab? (Also anyone happen to know approx how much a cab will be?)
  2. Patriot Power

Patriot Power Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Franklin train line... from South Station... but it doesn't go to Foxborough, except on game days... so take it to Walpole and then call a cab, which shouldn't cost you that much from Walpole to Foxboro.
  3. Tucker

Tucker Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

AWESOME! that was exactly what I was looking for. Does the wapole train to boston run several times a day or just once? I'd like to take it back to Boston after the game as well (but not 30 mins after the game, I'd still have stuff at the hotel)
  4. Patriot Power

Patriot Power Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/lines/stations/?stopId=212

I'd suggest calling for the cab at least 20 mins before you get there... not a ton of cabs in that area.

It runs like every two hours on the weekend to around 11PM... which game are you here for ? If it's a night game you may have an issue catching an outbound train besides the game train.
  5. Tucker

Tucker Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pats/Jets massacre :D :rocker: :D
  6. PatriotsNorth

PatriotsNorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I flew to Boston for the Pats/Colts MNF a couple years ago and took this exact route.

We were going to cab it, but we were told it would be $80 minimum.

Because it was a Monday, we were able to get an afternoon train (I think we left South Station around 4:30). Once we got there, though, we realized we were in a small town. We walked across the street to the General Store, and the man there was very nice...he gave us the number to the nearest taxi company...which was a few towns over (Norwood?). We called and had to wait about 45 mins for a cab. Once he picked us up, he took us through some backroads and dropped us off about a 10 minute walk to the stadium, and I think it was only $10.

On the way home, we just took the game-day train back into Boston (it left about half an hour after the game)...but there were delays so we were on it for over an hour!

Anyway, going to Walpole is a good idea...but try and arrange the cab ahead of time if you can.
  7. hwc

hwc On the Roster

Ratings:
    +267 / 5 / -3

Just to be clear, if you are going to Foxboro for a Patriots game, you can take a train from South Station directly to and from Gillette Stadium.

Poke around the Pats website. I'll think you'll find the schedules.
  8. Tucker

Tucker Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ouch. 80 bucks is wayyy too steep.

Yeah, I know about that one, but I want to be able to walk around a bit on my own time and not be crunched for time not wanting to miss the train. Plus, I think I'm going to try and get a room at the motel down the way from the stadium Saturday night.

Would taking the Franklin line to Norfolk be better in catching a cab/price of cab fare? On the map it seems to be closer, but since I cannot find any addresses of the stations, I have no way of knowing distance.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!
    Also any tailgaters that I might be able to meet up with?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.