PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Getting to Foxboro from Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucker

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Without renting a car, is there any way of getting to Foxboro from Boston aside from getting a cab? I'm flying into Logan on Friday night, arriving Saturday morning. I'd like to hang out in Boston for a while on Sat and then getting a room in Foxboro Saturday night. Basically I want to be able to hang out at the stadium more than what taking the T in from Boston allows.

Any public transportation options other than getting a cab? (Also anyone happen to know approx how much a cab will be?)

The Franklin train line... from South Station... but it doesn't go to Foxborough, except on game days... so take it to Walpole and then call a cab, which shouldn't cost you that much from Walpole to Foxboro.

The Franklin train line... from South Station... but it doesn't go to Foxborough, except on game days... so take it to Walpole and then call a cab, which shouldn't cost you that much from Walpole to Foxboro.

AWESOME! that was exactly what I was looking for. Does the wapole train to boston run several times a day or just once? I'd like to take it back to Boston after the game as well (but not 30 mins after the game, I'd still have stuff at the hotel)

I flew to Boston for the Pats/Colts MNF a couple years ago and took this exact route.

We were going to cab it, but we were told it would be $80 minimum.

Because it was a Monday, we were able to get an afternoon train (I think we left South Station around 4:30). Once we got there, though, we realized we were in a small town. We walked across the street to the General Store, and the man there was very nice...he gave us the number to the nearest taxi company...which was a few towns over (Norwood?). We called and had to wait about 45 mins for a cab. Once he picked us up, he took us through some backroads and dropped us off about a 10 minute walk to the stadium, and I think it was only $10.

On the way home, we just took the game-day train back into Boston (it left about half an hour after the game)...but there were delays so we were on it for over an hour!

Anyway, going to Walpole is a good idea...but try and arrange the cab ahead of time if you can.

Just to be clear, if you are going to Foxboro for a Patriots game, you can take a train from South Station directly to and from Gillette Stadium.

Poke around the Pats website. I'll think you'll find the schedules.

We were going to cab it, but we were told it would be $80 minimum.

Ouch. 80 bucks is wayyy too steep.

hwc said:
Just to be clear, if you are going to Foxboro for a Patriots game, you can take a train from South Station directly to and from Gillette Stadium.

Yeah, I know about that one, but I want to be able to walk around a bit on my own time and not be crunched for time not wanting to miss the train. Plus, I think I'm going to try and get a room at the motel down the way from the stadium Saturday night.

Would taking the Franklin line to Norfolk be better in catching a cab/price of cab fare? On the map it seems to be closer, but since I cannot find any addresses of the stations, I have no way of knowing distance.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!
Also any tailgaters that I might be able to meet up with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes