PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Geno to Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Get a few picks against Peyton for us, Geno!

WILSON JOINS THE TEXANS
Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2008, 1:25 p.m. EDT

On a day that a running back who swipes luggage reportedly is visiting the Houston Texans, the Texans reportedly have signed a guy whom they hope will snag a different kind of leather.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, the Texans have signed veteran defensive back Eugene Wilson.

Wilson began his career with the Patriots, spending five seasons in New England and winning two Super Bowls. He started 15 regular-season games as a rookie in 2003, 14 in 2004, and 16 in 2005.

He signed with the Buccaneers as a free agent, but Tampa recently cut him.

In Houston, Wilson has agreed to a one-year deal, possibly for the veteran minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite the mystery the way that kid went from a guy that was all over the field and hit like a truck (I recall him laying the wood to one of the Dolts in the AFCCG in Foxboro in 2004 like a freight train if I am not mistaken) to a guy cut by two teams and picked up by the Texans for the vet minimum...............

Yes, he played hard, getting hurt in both Superbowls....he had moxie.....for a while.....

Even when he got soft, I still kinda liked the guy. Have no ill will to him because he did play a significant role in our two Super Bowl seasons in 2003 and 2004. Disapointed that he did lose that toughness though. He went from being a Rodney Jr. to being soft overnight.

Quite the mystery the way that kid went from a guy that was all over the field and hit like a truck (I recall him laying the wood to one of the Dolts in the AFCCG in Foxboro in 2004 like a freight train if I am not mistaken) to a guy cut by two teams and picked up by the Texans for the vet minimum...............

He was never the same after his string of injuries. It's unfortunate, because he and Michael Lewis in Philly looked like the next two big-time safeties in the league only a few years ago, and they both fell off the map after getting banged up and watching their play decline before losing their jobs to younger players. Lewis rebounded some with the 9ers last year, it'd be nice to see Geno do the same with what I think will be a very competitive Texans team this year. Playing with Williams and Okoye in front of him will certainly help.

Is the Texans FO trying to grab any ex-Patriot defender they can in hoping he helps them turn things around?

Funny its the Texans that in less than 1 month picked up 2 NE defenders from last years team

Colvin which didn't pan out and now Wilson will try

Is the Texans FO trying to grab any ex-Patriot defender they can in hoping he helps them turn things around?

Funny its the Texans that in less than 1 month picked up 2 NE defenders from last years team

Colvin which didn't pan out and now Wilson will try

I'm not sure Colvin was entirely healthy. He'll find a team at some point this season, I would imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back