PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Fund Raiser

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I talked with Ian to get permission for this post and idea.

As some of you know my wife and I lost our third daughter Emerson on March first of 2010. She had always been healthy and passed away while taking a napat 2.5 years old. My older daughters then 5 and 7 were home as was my wife when I went to get her up from her nap. In three years of testing on all the kids we still do not have a cause even after going through hundreds of tests on all of us. There's nothing that can prepare you for that level of grief and you never get over it. You simply learn how to live with it for the sake of your other children and the remembrance of the one you lost. The scrapbook was made by my wife and I.

Smilebox Playback

We've been doing various fund raisers over the course of the last two years to try and build a pavilion next to a playground in our town of Marshfield. I am probably the world's worst fund raiser and could never do a sales job and salute those who can. It's just not in my skill-set. However you do what you have to do.

So our last project which will push us over the top is a tile and picnic table project that will actually be part of the pavilion. The tiles are artwork, words, poems or whatever else you can some up with (decency rules obviously apply). You send us what you want on the tiles and we give it to the tile company and they have it put on with lasers. The tiles are specially made to survive NE winters. Obviously this being in our daughter's honor we don't want it falling down in a couple of years.

There's information about individual tiles on the links below should anybody want to buy one but the idea I approached Ian with was trying to do a corporate one for PatsFans.com. I told him I'd be open to whatever he wanted but using the logo that says the best fans on earth next to it could be a starting point. So that's where the community comes in. Obviously Ian runs a small business and it's hard to approach him for funds, like I said I suck at sales, but as a group project perhaps we could get a PatsFans.com tile or picnic table even. With several thousand members if everybody donated a buck..........

Anyway that's my best sales pitch. If you do decide to join in please do me two favors when you donate. First put in the donation box that it's for the Patsfans.com tile and second please give me your screen name so I can recognize those who were generous enough to help us out. Thanks again if you've made it this far.

$250 6X6 tile
$500 8X8 tile
$1000 12X12 tile
$2500 picnic table with a tile placed in the center to show who donated it.

Our StoryOur MissionEventsBlogsD

The tile information is here

http://marshfieldtiles.com/sponsor.htm

And the general project here.

http://marshfieldtiles.com/

The facebook info

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Th...58384420898799

https://www.facebook.com/#!/marshfieldtiles

Go to Kappadeltaphi.org and email the chapters. My fraternity is big on fundraising and philanthropy. I am sure they would be willing to help. If I wasn't so broke and trying to find a job, I would contribute, but since I cant, I think by getting you in contact with my fraternity can help. We know how to fundraise!

Go to Kappadeltaphi.org and email the chapters. My fraternity is big on fundraising and philanthropy. I am sure they would be willing to help. If I wasn't so broke and trying to find a job, I would contribute, but since I cant, I think by getting you in contact with my fraternity can help. We know how to fundraise!

Thanks for the offer I will take a look. What do you do for work?

Thanks for the offer I will take a look. What do you do for work?

I am currently unemployed at the moment. I am in college trying to finish my Associate's and currently a stay at home dad(not married, but getting married MArch 2014). I am hopefully starting to cater at the end of this month if I am lucky!

Bump.

10 characters.

Shmessy thank you very much for your donation towards the Patsfans.com tile. My family and I greatly appreciate it.

everlong,

I've been reading this site for years and didn't know this. So sorry to hear. You have a beautiful family.

everlong,

I've been reading this site for years and didn't know this. So sorry to hear. You have a beautiful family.

Thank you. I probably didn't post anything about it until we were doing a fund raiser last summer. Posting on an internet site even a community such as this is difficult so I didn't for a long time.

Thank you dales804 for your generous donation I received the notification right after I posted before.

Special thanks to PatsFanJess for her kind donation.

Everlong--I am so genuinely sorry that I cannot afford to contribute. It is certainly a wonderful cause, and I hope that you and your family are recovering as much as possible from your tragedy.

It is a pleasure to see some of these terrific people helping out. That is just awesome.

Good luck with everything.

Everlong--I am so genuinely sorry that I cannot afford to contribute. It is certainly a wonderful cause, and I hope that you and your family are recovering as much as possible from your tragedy.

It is a pleasure to see some of these terrific people helping out. That is just awesome.

Good luck with everything.

No worries and thank you for your kindness.

Bump........

Bump.

C'mon folks.

A very special thank you to JudyPatFan for her donation and her companies 3:1 match donation. We have exceeded the amount needed for the 6X6 file and are close on the 8X8 so I'll have to talk to Ian to see what he want to do as far as the picture on it. Perhaps open a vote up to the community or go with the best fans on the planet logo since it's so true. That you all.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back