PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Fun poll: Who here has played football at any level?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What is the highest level of league football you have played?

• Youth

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Amateur/Semi Pro

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • High School

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • Any NCAA

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Pro

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Never played in a league

Votes: 20 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I played semi-pro real football. But in this country you call it soccer. :D

One thing I am very proud of is my neighborhood area we played 9 v 9 up to 11 v 11 tackle football with only helmets on a field that was about 50 yards. In this day an age of organized sports that would be unheard of. No field goals and no downs which made it even better .. played until you scored or lost it. We had lots of fun. We also played 9 v 9 baseball, 5 v 5 street basketball and 6 v 6 street hockey. Hard to do like I said in this age or very, very organized sports. Nice memories ..

Small, scrawny all bones white kid who could run like the wind ... I was Bob Hayes LOL.

If I recall correctly he tried out for the Pats, and played in the old Eastern Football League, a pretty good semi-pro league back in the 60s-70s. He has also been a high school coach.

Actually, Ken's story as I recall it is going to training camp with the Broncos for 2 offseasons and being a late cut in at least one of them. He was some kind of LB conversion project, I forget whether that was vs. DL or S, and also whether the pro conversion was to the heavier position or to the faster one.

I never played in anything above a 4th grade level flag football league.

I played cornerback in HS. Rose to a high level of mediocrity and decided my future and that of untold generations to come, was better served by my joining the Navy out of college, where I didn't play football.

I was the Winter Quarter Utah State University champion (1974) in Air Hockey, the trophy for which I proudly display, alongside a picture of me and my taped and broken knuckles. I played some intramural football in the Navy rising to a higher, more professional level of mediocrity. Of such are fond memories created. :cool:

Never played "football" at any level, never played it at all.

I did play 5 a side soccer against a 50 year old ex pro (at a good level) though, when I was like 12. He was still ridiculously good

s-l1600.jpg
My childhood friend had one of those. The wood frame on it was broken. One afternoon we were playing and he lost his cool for some reason (couldn't have been my fault, I'm sure) and threw the damn thing at me. It was headed for my face and I put my hand up to block it and the unprotected sheet metal corner did a job on my hand. Still have a one inch scar all these many years later to remind me of my one football injury.

My childhood friend had one of those. The wood frame on it was broken. One afternoon we were playing and he lost his cool for some reason (couldn't have been my fault, I'm sure) and threw the damn thing at me. It was headed for my face and I put my hand up to block it and the unprotected sheet metal corner did a job on my hand. Still have a one inch scar all these many years later to remind me of my one football injury.
Football is a rough game, and often a cruel one-John Facenda

Please let there be film of a Joker led huddle.

I wrapped my forearms every game. Liked to deliver shiver shots up under the chinstrap. Smash runners in the mouth and always, always try to kill the QB. They don't play the game like that anymore. Back then Bruce Taylor was a corner/KR on my team. Got drafted in the 1st round by the 9ers. He was THE offense when I was a sophomore. Scored a bunch of punt and kick return TD's. Fastest human being I've ever known personally.

I stunk in HS, but I make one hell of an Internet GM.

Just like Al Bundy, I scored 4 TDs in one game. No really, I did.
I got 5 sacks in one game from DE against the eventual city champions. We then suffered a Giants like unexpected loss against them in the semi-final later that year.

I was the guy who was always picked last in every pick up game in every sport, but despite having no athletic ability always tried.

Tried out and made the HS football team, which was an excellent team in the mid 60's, but was back up to the back up, not able to "travel" with the team on away games due to the numbers. So I became the "manager", the guy who picks crap up. My love for the game was greater than avoiding the "ribbing" by some friends..

I was the guy who was always picked last in every pick up game in every sport, but despite having no athletic ability always tried.

Tried out and made the HS football team, which was an excellent team in the mid 60's, but was back up to the back up, not able to "travel" with the team on away games due to the numbers. So I became the "manager", the guy who picks crap up. My love for the game was greater than avoiding the "ribbing" by some friends..

My coach used to let the "scrubs" travel with the team.

He put me in a game a few times when the score was something like 45- 0.

So I played a few snaps at DE while weighing 112 pounds. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back