PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: From a Vikes fan to Packer fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats fan in Vikes land

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Found this on another message board, thought it was awesome:

"It all leads to this: Packers fans, you love to get high and mighty. Admit it, you do. You like to talk about the mystique and your brethren in the cult, your uncle Howie in Osh Kosh with the extensive collection of Packers beer steins and your place on the “waiting list.” When you really want to try to twist in the knife, you start talking about the postseason, the Super Bowl and, if you’re really cruel, 1998. Well, folks, what do we have here? An unbelievable regular season that seemingly came out of nowhere, led by an aging quarterback? The stars aligning to give you home field advantage in the NFC title game against a good opponent that is still a decided underdog? A game with so many ups and downs it’s hard to remember them all? A gut-wrenching trip into overtime capped by the ultimate realization that the game is over and, inexplicably, everything magical has turned to ruins? Oh, Packers fans. Now you know what it’s like. This is your 1998. Drink it in. Enjoy that bitter taste. It lasts a lifetime."

Did anyone else get the feeling by looking at Favre the whole game that he did not want to be there? They always say he is a great cold weather QB, but he looked miserable. I think he was honestly afraid of getting frostbite the way he was rubbing that hand warmer on his nose.

I think he is done, he doesn't have the desire anymore.

I'm glad Favre loss. I love watching intelligent QBs exploit weaknesses in defense and Brett always struck me as a meathead slinging all over the field.

Last edited:
Brett Favre's post season record:

Been in play-offs: 11 times.
Super Bowl: 2 times.
0-1 wins in play-offs: 8 times.
Multiple wins in play-offs: 3 times ('95 -2 wins, '96 - 3 wins, '97 - 2 wins)

Post season record: 12 wins, 10 losses

It looks like Green Bay went to the play-offs during some years by being in a weak division.

Career record: 442 TD / 288 INT (Passing), 13 TD / 45 FUM (Rushing).

Me thinks: Although a good QB, way over hyped

Brett Favre's post season record:

Been in play-offs: 11 times.
Super Bowl: 2 times.
0-1 wins in play-offs: 8 times.
Multiple wins in play-offs: 3 times ('95 -2 wins, '96 - 3 wins, '97 - 2 wins)

Post season record: 12 wins, 10 losses

It looks like Green Bay went to the play-offs during some years by being in a weak division.

Career record: 442 TD / 288 INT (Passing), 13 TD / 45 FUM (Rushing).

Me thinks: Although a good QB, way over hyped

Had it not been for the Parcells Gate, it is quite possible Pats win that SB. And then Lord Favre career finishes w/o a SB win.

'98 vs Broncos was a gag job for the ages...I watched its replay on NFLN. Tie game with 4 mins and change to go, Pack has the ball and Lord Favre lays an egg deep in Pack side of 20...a poor punt, and bam Denver scores and Elway gets the monkey off his back.

Found this on another message board, thought it was awesome:

"It all leads to this: Packers fans, you love to get high and mighty. Admit it, you do. You like to talk about the mystique and your brethren in the cult, your uncle Howie in Osh Kosh with the extensive collection of Packers beer steins and your place on the “waiting list.” When you really want to try to twist in the knife, you start talking about the postseason, the Super Bowl and, if you’re really cruel, 1998. Well, folks, what do we have here? An unbelievable regular season that seemingly came out of nowhere, led by an aging quarterback? The stars aligning to give you home field advantage in the NFC title game against a good opponent that is still a decided underdog? A game with so many ups and downs it’s hard to remember them all? A gut-wrenching trip into overtime capped by the ultimate realization that the game is over and, inexplicably, everything magical has turned to ruins? Oh, Packers fans. Now you know what it’s like. This is your 1998. Drink it in. Enjoy that bitter taste. It lasts a lifetime."

Hate to say, while I'm sure this is a disappointment to Packer fans and I LOVE that line "Drink it in. Enjoy that bitter taste.", this is no 1998. That 1998 team was on it's way to a date with history. If they were to win the SB that year they would be on the shortlist of greatest teams ever. Sort of like the offensive version of the '85 Bears. The 1st perfect kicker in NFL history, the highest points ever, greatest rookie WR season in the modern football age, that was a historic season. THAT is what the Vikings lost. Packer fans lost a great(but not historic season) overshadowed by a perfect Patriots team...sorry not the same thing.

In the end Favre did give that game away, but the Pack would not have had 20 points without Favre in the first place. Live by the gun, die by the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back