PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Frank Clark the 63rd overall pick to Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So this is becoming a bit of a story and I thought it deserved its own thread.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/05/seattle-seahawks-frank-clark-domestic-violence-investigation

The story for those of you who don't know is back in college Frank Clark beat his girlfriend really badly. The police report can be found online for more specifics. Basically what happened before he beat her is unclear to a degree as stories diverge. Various witnesses saw the aftermath and charges were later reduced on a plea deal.

Seattle is getting a lot of heat for drafting him as well as their manor of acting. They are trying to spin it very hard and that what is really making this story blow up on twitter and other sites.

Edit: Police report link below. Images also included just FYI.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2072008-frank-clark-police-report.html

Last edited:
Was wondering if someone would make a thread on this or not. Really screwed up. Witnesses say she was beaten unconscious. The Seahwaks claimed they did their own thorough investigation and fully believe Clark did not touch her. Yet it is then revealed the Seahawks never spoke to one witness.

Was wondering if someone would make a thread on this or not. Really screwed up. Witnesses say she was beaten unconscious. The Seahwaks claimed they did their own thorough investigation and fully believe Clark did not touch her. Yet it is then revealed the Seahawks never spoke to one witness.

From what I heard this morning the Seahawks only interviewed Clark, so they only heard his side of the story.

That's BS on Seattle's behalf. He got throw off the team and out of school immediately. I knew about it. WTF??

From what I heard this morning the Seahawks only interviewed Clark, so they only heard his side of the story.
Oh my god, that's even worse. Seattle should be ashamed for this...

fpHrmN3.png

:D

"Well, after speaking to the defendant, he told me he's innocent so therefore I find him innocent, case adjourned" -- if John Schneider was a judge

I was amazed by that pick, and even more so by their straight-faced statement that he never hit a woman. Heck, even I knew the details of the incident before the draft.

And keep in mind that before the assault, Clark had previously been convicted of felony home invasion. There is NO way they "did thorough research" and concluded he was a good guy. None.

Was this kid even that good to warrant a 2nd round pick? Seattle brainfart.

For anyone that's bored, check out Seattle's 2013-2015 draft classes (includes failed Harvin trade and questionable Graham trade). They haven't drafted well in about 3 years. Their lack of depth will catch up to them. It arguably already cost them a SB with how badly Simon played.

In 2015, they traded for a pass catching TE who can't block (yet they run the ball more than anyone?), drafted a questionable 2nd round DE with off-field problems, and added another depth WR to their collection of meh at the position. Yet they traded their starting C and lost their starting LG in free agency.

But Seattle has an awesome defense and Pete Carroll is a likeable guy so it's cool
-The same media that killed the Pats for the PSI b.s.

Was this kid even that good to warrant a 2nd round pick? Seattle brainfart.

Oh, he certainly has the talent -- incredibly explosive for a 271 lb. man. Seattle's draft strategy seemed to be gambling on physical freaks with major question marks about character, position, etc.

the best part is who the gm said "If you hit a woman you are off our board, plain and simple." Hey frank did you hit any women? "uhhh no?" Alright cool welcome to the seahawks.

I read a little of the police report. Totally disgusting.

Everyone deserves a second chance (within reason) but SEA is handling this as poorly as possible.

Similar procedure that TB took in investigating Winston.

It all comes down to if you have game or not.

I had one question for Licht. I had this sinking feeling about the Bucs’ investigation into Winston off the field, that the franchise was finding out what it wanted to find out. The Bucs wanted Winston to win the on- and off-field competitions, and would never put him in position to look bad nationally. So why didn’t the Bucs, who talked to more than 75 people as part of the organization’s investigation into Winston’s character, talk to the woman who accused him of attacking her, Erica Kinsman? Did the Bucs just want the investigation to be finished, and to say what the team wanted it to say?

“That’s not the case,” Licht said adamantly. “We are not talking about this now… but we read the depositions. We knew what she was going to say. This was a thorough investigation. We were not going to mistake charisma for character.”

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/04/jameis-winston-tampa-bay-buccaneers-nfl-draft/

Everyone deserves a second chance AFTER they pay their debt to society. He skirted by with a $250 fine when he should be in jail. I am fervently against mass incarceration but someone guilty of such violence cannot be allowed to walk the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes