PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Fox Sports top 10 players of decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning is an excellent player. I prefer Brady, but I am biased and I prefer winning to everything else.

Here's my beef : Gonzales as #3. That has got to be a joke. Embarassing. If I were to list the players from the decade I'd want on my team, I have no idea how low he would be... not top 20, maybe not top 50.

Completely disagree with you on Gonzalez. No, maybe not #3, but he is definitely one of the best players of the decade.

828 receptions, 9939 yards, 67 TD's in the decade with one game to go.

And that was on Chiefs teams who only twice in 9 of his seasons were above .500

Meh Whatever, WHEN Brady wins another ring and Manning finishes his career without #2 Brady the argument will be closed once more. This argument always seems to be about whos hot right now, if Manning goes 1 and done again and Brady at least reaches the SB everyone will be hailing Brady again, especially since he did it after having a torn acl

I'm also Big Ben made the list over the likes of Michael Strahan, Polamalu, Moss, TO, Marvin Harrison, Brian Dawkins, the list goes on but bottom line is Big Ben only played 5 1/2 years of the decade (so far) Plenty of defensive players more deserving. Also Warner was only relevant in about 4 years of this decade since you can't count the 99 SB team.

Meh Whatever, WHEN Brady wins another ring and Manning finishes his career without #2 Brady the argument will be closed once more. This argument always seems to be about whos hot right now, if Manning goes 1 and done again and Brady at least reaches the SB everyone will be hailing Brady again, especially since he did it after having a torn acl

100% correct. During the 2007 season every list had Brady ahead of Manning. Now have of these things have it vice versa. If the Pats go farther in the playoffs it'll revert back. It's hard to truly compare when guys are still playing.

Last edited:
Oh well

He can have the title of greatest ever. While Brady sits at home polishing his rings Manning can stand outside in his bathrobe yelling to neighbors and people walking by how he was the greatest ever and show everyone his one ring

Oh well

He can have the title of greatest ever. While Brady sits at home polishing his rings Manning can stand outside in his bathrobe yelling to neighbors and people walking by how he was the greatest ever and show everyone his one ring

Hilarious :D

Oh well

Kinda like Joe DiMaggio getting all the Championships AND Marilyn Monroe while Ted Williams got to be the "Greatest Hitter of All-Time".

Brady has the most SB's and Gisele!

Kinda like Joe DiMaggio getting all the Championships AND Marilyn Monroe while Ted Williams got to be the "Greatest Hitter of All-Time".

what is a Joe DiMaggio

what is a Joe DiMaggio

He was like Ted Williams.........only with World Series Championships, Marilyn Monroe and Grammy Award winning songs about him. A national and cultural icon.

However, I do think Ted once did a bread commercial.

He was like Ted Williams.........only with World Series Championships, Marilyn Monroe and Grammy Award winning songs about him. A national and cultural icon.

However, I do think Ted once did a bread commercial.

Ted Williams........?

Joe Dimaggio wasn't anywhere near the hitter Ted Williams was. Not even close.

If you want to make a case that Joe D was a better all around player then have at it, one can make a good argument for it...but Williams was a far superior hitter.

Last edited:
If you factor in all of Peyton's commercial air time, he is by far the most recognizable NFL player of this decade. I guess, it is hard not to place him at the top of this list when you consider he won his Super Bowl, was awarded a couple MVPs and broke some records (specifically passing records).

Now while I can concede the top spot to Mr. Manning, I have to think this isn't and landslide victory. Brady has his rings and his broken records too.

The rest...

I agree with LT, Ray Lewis and Warner, but I'm having trouble putting Gonzalez, Champ Bailey and Ed Reed on the list.

Is it just me or does anything agree that a receiver like Holt, Owens or Moss be on that list? How about a defensive tackle like Richard Seymour?

Joe Dimaggio wasn't anywhere near the hitter Ted Williams was. Not even close.

If you want to make a case that Joe D was a better all around player then have at it, one can make a good argument for it...but Williams was a far superior hitter.

You completely missed my point.

You are correct about the hitting. I never said Ted wasn't the best hitter - - just like Peyton Manning fans claiming he's the best QB - - who really cares? It's all about winning and achieving something no one else has ever achieved.

We're talking about championships, who gets the girl and who gets remembered. Ernie Banks is arguably the best shortstop ever. He's not a national icon though - - - no championships and he's not burned into the national consciousness.

Joe D headed a dynasty, had Hollywood at his feet and lived his life as a national legend.

Teddy got to do Nissen bread commercials.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye